homemakers/caregives,,plz read

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
slave

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2013
to all the homemakers and caregivers out there,,,IDK how you feel but to me & every home I have been in is like being a slave,,,they simply want u there to clean, wash clothes,and wait on them hand and foot,,,,sometimes my client don't even get out of bed not because she can't it's because she thinks she is a queen & I am there to do anything she wants,,,carry coffee,,,wash her families clothes,,cook & what ever,,,she really don't need my help,,she just wants to be boss of a good slave,,,anyways are anyone else in this situation?????????? is so let me know,,becaus in my opinion,,iy should be called slave service instead of home-nealth service
Yes

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Mar 29, 2013
You're exactly right. That's what they use us for. I would say 80% of the people on the program just use us for their maids. We are suppose to be helping the client, not coming there to be a housekeeper. If they wanted a housekeeper they should have called Merry Maids instead of a Home Health Company. Burns me up, then we get paid squat on top of it all, and the company treats us like crap. People need to know if they can stay away from these companies and positions.
slave

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2013
exactly we r nothing to the clients or to the company,,,I think we all should go on strike,,,lol,,,instead of giving us classes they need to give the clients & thier families classes on what our duties are,,,and that we r human not a damn robot. I would not recomend this job to anyone!!!!!!!!!!
lmao

Beckley, WV

#4 Mar 30, 2013
what agency you workin for?
stfu already

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Mar 31, 2013
if you do not like your job, how about you go find another one or just stfu and put your big girl panties on.your doing wtf u get paid to do.you get paid to help clean or cook for them, that is the whole reason for you being there..if they dont really need the help then maybe you should let the right people know.till then stfu and do your job that you get paid to do.at least your not flipping burgers
Pam

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 1, 2013
On the flip side of the coin, I know of one caregiver in particular who used the woman she was taking care of to get paid while she had a cookout at her personal home, go to a concert during the Oak Leaf Festival, and go to fireworks...getting paid during all of this because she had the woman with her. She would take the patient and sit her in a chair while she did pretty much what she would have done if the woman wasn't with her, all on the dime of the home health care company. I'm sure her story would have been that she wanted to get her patient out of the house, but that is BS. She was just using her as a means to get paid while she was socializing with her frients So, there are abuses of both side of the story.
well

Beckley, WV

#7 Apr 1, 2013
As a former care giver I know you do have to right to say no to family members who want you to also cook, clean and do other things for them.
it is true

Weston, WV

#8 Apr 5, 2013
One time, I was asked to paint the ceiling in the kitchen by a client! No way......hire a painter, or get a family member to do it. The same person also said she was tired of home cooked meals, she wanted Ginos. She demanded that I order her food and pay for it myself because "that's what you're here for." These little old ladies can be mean when they want too.
works 4 family

Summersville, WV

#9 Apr 5, 2013
I work 4 my mom and I love her to death but when I have my scrubs on she treats me like a slave makes messes on purpose tells me it's my job to clean it I think the money I make she thinks because it is from her care it belongs to her and I have taken care of her for free for 21 yrs she fell broke her hip 4 yrs ago and before that she could do things just refused so I know what every homemaker goes thru believe me but no other family will help so I got to go on
owner

Beckley, WV

#10 Apr 5, 2013
If you don't like the job you are doing then maybe you should look to another line of business. Half of the certified homemakers working for the agencies around Fayette and Raleigh get paid to sit and watch tv or get paid to not be there esp if it is family members taking care of the waiver clients and that's sad. All because the client's wont tell. If they knew about the workers out there who actually cared enough to do what they were supposed to and liked their job they would switch homemakers. Just sayin.
Lol

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Ur complaining for getting paid to take care of your mother. That's funny. I took care of my mom 24 7, and she wasn't perfect but I still did it for free because I loved her. So save your money hungry BS for someone else.. People kill me, lmao
It is true

Weston, WV

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Not saying that all clients are demanding, but you do have the occasional one that oversteps her/his bounds, and ask for outrageous things. Another client wanted my home phone number, in case she needed me to run to the store for her after hours. There are lazy homemakers, and then you have demanding clients.
Youre Crazy

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Apr 5, 2013
owner wrote:
If you don't like the job you are doing then maybe you should look to another line of business. Half of the certified homemakers working for the agencies around Fayette and Raleigh get paid to sit and watch tv or get paid to not be there esp if it is family members taking care of the waiver clients and that's sad. All because the client's wont tell. If they knew about the workers out there who actually cared enough to do what they were supposed to and liked their job they would switch homemakers. Just sayin.
We as Homemakers and CNAs don't get paid enough to put up with half the crap we do, so sitting for a little bit and watching TV with our client is just a little reward for us because the pay is shitty for everything they want us to do. I feel sorry for all people in the lower medical field ie, HHA, CNA, LPN, etc... Work so hard for such little pay. I left this field a long time ago because my time and effort is worth more than a quarter more than min wage. That's also why they have a hard time keeping people at all these agencies. The state pays them good money and then they pay their employees min wage to maybe a dollar more if you're lucky. Being a CNA or LPN is even worse than the homemaker believe me.
it is true

Weston, WV

#14 Apr 5, 2013
Youre Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Homemakers and CNAs don't get paid enough to put up with half the crap we do, so sitting for a little bit and watching TV with our client is just a little reward for us because the pay is shitty for everything they want us to do. I feel sorry for all people in the lower medical field ie, HHA, CNA, LPN, etc... Work so hard for such little pay. I left this field a long time ago because my time and effort is worth more than a quarter more than min wage. That's also why they have a hard time keeping people at all these agencies. The state pays them good money and then they pay their employees min wage to maybe a dollar more if you're lucky. Being a CNA or LPN is even worse than the homemaker believe me.
Absolutely correct. I finally had enough and quit when I was placed with clients who had no running water. They lived out in the country, and carried their water in from a spring for drinking, cooking, and bathing. Now I'm not afraid of a little hard work, but come on that was ridiculous for minium wage. The water I was to carry in, I had to heat on the stove to give them both a bath with it. Twice really, a seperate bath for each. Not to mention hauling water to wash clothes by hand. I was 5 months pregnant at the time, and quit on the spot. Rules be damned at that point.
nursegale

United States

#15 Apr 7, 2013
how is being an lpn worse?
Youre Crazy

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Apr 7, 2013
nursegale wrote:
how is being an lpn worse?
LPNs get stuck doing all the dirty work and gets the less of pay. Duhhhh... While RNs do paperwork and get paid more. Makes no sense to me. Starting from the bottom up the HHA gets paid the least and does the most along with the CNA, then comes the LPN, then the RN does diddley squat and gets the most pay. Explain that system to me?
another parent

Madison, WV

#17 Apr 8, 2013
Pam wrote:
On the flip side of the coin, I know of one caregiver in particular who used the woman she was taking care of to get paid while she had a cookout at her personal home, go to a concert during the Oak Leaf Festival, and go to fireworks...getting paid during all of this because she had the woman with her. She would take the patient and sit her in a chair while she did pretty much what she would have done if the woman wasn't with her, all on the dime of the home health care company. I'm sure her story would have been that she wanted to get her patient out of the house, but that is BS. She was just using her as a means to get paid while she was socializing with her frients So, there are abuses of both side of the story.
I heard of a woman in mossy where "her dad" is her client and she done absolutely nothing for him, she wouldn't even go to his house. and still had him sign papers and all for her to get paid when she never even lifted a effing broom to sweep his floors or anything and this man really really needed help he is in a wheelchair and everything, now tell me that ain't some f'ed up Sh*t
works 4 family

Summersville, WV

#18 Apr 8, 2013
Lol wrote:
Ur complaining for getting paid to take care of your mother. That's funny. I took care of my mom 24 7, and she wasn't perfect but I still did it for free because I loved her. So save your money hungry BS for someone else.. People kill me, lyyeamao
yeah i'm complaing about taking care of my mother because she can do things for herself really she is 70 yrs old and says she can't even mix her bath water I tookstill do I do love my mom she can do things just spoiled my bad care of my mother for 21 yrsand another thing I have never been money hungry boy my mom and dad was she still is I give her anything she needs and yes I love my spoiled mom
nursegale

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2013
i am an lpn and my job is fairly easy and my pay is pretty good. and the more education you have you have the more money you make and the less work you do. That is how the system works. Duhhh.
erik reynolds

Ardsley, NY

#20 Apr 9, 2013
Stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Lee 10 min Move along 18
Desiree 53 min Mea 7
Rebels Flagg (Aug '15) 1 hr orphelius pontiac 61
JUSTICE FOR JOHNSONS , Gary arrested with murder 10 hr Resident 96
Jimmy Smith 11 hr Robert 3
Who is Allison Harper? (Aug '13) 13 hr Whoopyoazz 44
Dale Allen Painter 19 hr Kim 10

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance