No City Emergency Help
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MrMess

Fayetteville, WV

#1 Jul 5, 2012
In the middle of a HEATWAVE WE ALL LOST power for over 5 days.

WHERE WERE OUR EMERGENCY SERVICES?
We had no one from Oak Hill or even the Fayette County court house giving us any direction at all, for what to do or what to expect. Where to go to for emergency supplies or shelter.
IF not for WTNJ out of Beckely things would have been bad.

For the millions and millions and millions of dollars we have spent on the fire department and emergency services, they were totally unprepared,TOTALLY unprepared for a simple power outage.
Our fire station has a generator, bunk room, showers,air conditioning, big meeting room as with other rooms but the firemen didn't want the average person in there fire station so a church had to open it's doors, the Lewis center. We have a lot of older people who could ave used some help getting ice and food and medicine but NO, our firemen did not offer t help anyone. The most they did was on day 3 tell people they could use the water hose there to fill your own containers with water....i rode by there a bunch of times and most of the time, no one was there at all...
ALL HE MONEY WE GAVE YO AND YOU DID NOTHING.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE TRAINING YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO GET, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED. FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTY HELPED CITIZENS WITH WATER, ICE AND FOOD,..you did nothing
Supporter of OHFD

Charleston, WV

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Some how I knew you were the one that started this thread before I even looked...I will say one thing to you guess you didn't get out and look they were all around handing out ice and helping whoever needed it...I know for a fact because I didn't see my son from Friday til Tuesday when he passed out and had to be taken to the emergency room because of exhaustion. You really need to count your blessings Mr. Mess and thank the good Lord above!!!!
NO CLUE

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2012
Supporter of OHFD wrote:
Some how I knew you were the one that started this thread before I even looked...I will say one thing to you guess you didn't get out and look they were all around handing out ice and helping whoever needed it...I know for a fact because I didn't see my son from Friday til Tuesday when he passed out and had to be taken to the emergency room because of exhaustion. You really need to count your blessings Mr. Mess and thank the good Lord above!!!!
The OHFD has been out since this started!! They have open the dept to the community as well! You're pitiful!!
NO CLUE

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2012
MrMess wrote:
We had no one from Oak Hill or even the Fayette County court house giving us any direction at all, for what to do or what to expect. Where to go to for emergency supplies or shelter.
For the millions and millions and millions of dollars we have spent on the fire department and emergency services, they were totally unprepared,TOTALLY unprepared for a simple power outage.
Our fire station has a generator, bunk room, showers,air conditioning, big meeting room as with other rooms but the firemen didn't want the average person in there fire station so a church had to open it's doors, the Lewis center. We have a lot of older people who could ave used some help getting ice and food and medicine but NO, our firemen did not offer t help anyone. The most they did was on day 3 tell people they could use the water hose there to fill your own containers with water....i rode by there a bunch of times and most of the time, no one was there at all...
ALL HE MONEY WE GAVE YO AND YOU DID NOTHING.
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE TRAINING YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO GET, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED. FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTY HELPED CITIZENS WITH WATER, ICE AND FOOD,..you did nothing
That message was ment for you Mr Mouth!! You put bad things on here about people that have worked their butts of during these storms! Where was you Friday and Saturday night? The OHFD was out cutting trees and responding to many different calls! Once again you don't know what you're talking about!

Level 2

Since: Sep 11

Logan, WV

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Where were you at during all this? Running out what little gas you had left trying to get some drugs? These guys were on the phone answering calls, and at the Lewis center giving out food all the time having to take care of there families needs. I bet you were at home setting in front of your screen pissed of because you could not get on topix, or your other favorite web site firefightersgonebad because you really want it to be you going to jail and not your dad so that you can finally fulfill your dream of getting but hurt from guys in some type of uniform.

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2012
No one at traffic dark traffic signals on 19. No police presence in the darkness or daytime at oak hill or fayetteville...but as sooooooon as they could they were back writing tickets.
Such a joke....and no one gives a [email protected]..

If nothing else sit with your blue lights on....

A b s u r d

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2012
MrMess wrote:
Our fire station has a generator, bunk room, showers,air conditioning, big meeting ......you did nothing
It was.just toooooooo hot...
Wake up people, you are getting effed.....
Fox is an idiot

United States

#8 Jul 5, 2012
I see Burkholder finally got power back on.
harry

Beckley, WV

#9 Jul 5, 2012
i listened to the radio station all weekend. all i heard was ice and water for sale! for sale! for sale! not once did i hear of any local government agency giving ice or water ..then about day 3 a few, a few started giving ice an water. west virginia water cut our water supply without any notice whatsoever! thanx

Score Keeper The Greatest

“Score Keeper Score Keeper”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

#10 Jul 5, 2012
B Hussein Obama hates West Virginia, especially white elderly and disabled people. He hates coal miners most of all and this is why no relief was delivered in a prompt manner. This is B Hussein Obama's Katrina. He hates you and wants you TO DIE!!!! God Bless George Bush!!!!
You are stupid

Bluffton, IN

#11 Jul 5, 2012
You have to build a fire under the firemens ass to get them to move anytime. First responders my ass.
NO CLUE

United States

#12 Jul 5, 2012
You are stupid wrote:
You have to build a fire under the firemens ass to get them to move anytime. First responders my ass.
Yes you're stupid and you just proved that!
Supporter of OHFD

Charleston, WV

#13 Jul 5, 2012
harry wrote:
i listened to the radio station all weekend. all i heard was ice and water for sale! for sale! for sale! not once did i hear of any local government agency giving ice or water ..then about day 3 a few, a few started giving ice an water. west virginia water cut our water supply without any notice whatsoever! thanx
Guess you were with Mr. Mess...I know for a FACT it was free at OHFD and the Lewis Center...you people kill me thinking you are so good...why don't you get out and help and quit wasting time bashing people!!!!!

Level 7

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

#14 Jul 5, 2012
Tell you what, Pax VFD was Johnny on the spot. They where out clearing limbs from the road as soon as the storm was over. Maybe you all need Pax VFD to teach the Oak Hill Fire Dept what firemen are really suppose to be. btw, I'm the Greatest!!! And GOd Bless George Bush!!!!
Supporter of OHFD

Charleston, WV

#15 Jul 5, 2012
Score Keeper The Greatest wrote:
Tell you what, Pax VFD was Johnny on the spot. They where out clearing limbs from the road as soon as the storm was over. Maybe you all need Pax VFD to teach the Oak Hill Fire Dept what firemen are really suppose to be. btw, I'm the Greatest!!! And GOd Bless George Bush!!!!
Why don't you go to Pax and leave OHFD alone they were doing the same thing if the call was in I know that for a fact!!!

Level 7

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Supporter of OHFD wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go to Pax and leave OHFD alone they were doing the same thing if the call was in I know that for a fact!!!
I am so Great!!! Say it now!!! Scream it!!!! Score Keeper is the Greatest!!!! Don't deny it!!! You know it!!!!!! Scoooooore Keeeeeeper THE GREATEST!!!!! I REALLY AM!!!!! GOD BLESS GEORGE BUSH!!!!!
Bush

Bluffton, IN

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Now how did George Bush get into this? That is how dumb some people are. Everyone knows it was Obama that started that storm.

Level 7

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

#18 Jul 5, 2012
Bush wrote:
Now how did George Bush get into this? That is how dumb some people are. Everyone knows it was Obama that started that storm.
That's right!!! Nothing but evil and corruption comes from Chicago. God is punishing people for electing a self professed Messiah and sent the storm. B Hussein Obama hates West Virginians, especially white West Virginians and most of all coal miners and wants us all to die.GOD BLESS GEORGE BUSH!!!
MrMess

Beckley, WV

#19 Jul 5, 2012
Funny, the fire department has be empty a lot during all this, they were not out doing anything at all!!!! he fire station was not open t the public nor did they give out ice and water. BB&T purchased 2 truckloads of ice and gave it away at the lewis center. where were our firemen when all the traffic lights were out on main street and at route 19 appy drive, where were they, where were they when old people needed food, ice, medicine? AS usual our worthless department didn't do a thing but run their mouths on Topix...F****** worthless. for this we bought them a 650 dollar truck we didn't need. we could ad used that money for emergency supplies or anything else, of course it would have been stolen by now...

DAMN LADDER TRUCK SURE IS COMMING IN HANDY RIGHT NOW....REAL HANDY
seenit

Altavista, VA

#20 Jul 5, 2012
Coalminers is the reason why wv didnt get much help. Obama hates us. He knows wv coal will vote him out. Thats why these coalmines are shuttin down cause of him. Wake up pepole are you that stupid that u cant see this happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabby Cox Is Now Clean. 28 min Porch Honkey the ... 10
Another drug bust 4 hr jeannie 14
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr get real 1,479
Busted on school St 5 hr randy 4
Ace Whitewater Rafting Racist 6 hr Bus buff 37
in love with CHRISTINA MARIE INGRAM JARRELL 7 hr Lol 11
whats up with charleigh ann 7 hr She a smut 4

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance