building a memorial

Beckley, WV

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I just recently purchased a piece of property and have been told by my neighbors about Kimberly and that the terrible thing that happened to her was on or at least steps away from my property. I want to plant a garden back there in rememberance of her. I think it's terrible that Oak Hill has forgot about her becuase I know there must be people that still think of her every day. I know planting a garden wont change the terrible thing that happened back there but I really feel strongly that some kind of respect needs to be paid to the fact that a young little angel laid down her life and entered heaven here. To me, the land she was last on owes her that respect. I was hoping to maybe know some things that she may have liked so I can add them to her garden. I hope that asking about these things doesn't upset her loved ones and that they understand that it's purely out of respect for Kimberly and with the best intentions at heart.
1 post removed
Old friend

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Feb 10, 2013
I grew up in the neighborhood she lived in was her friend. Her parents were so strange and they murdered a woman near their home and Kimberly and her little sister were sent to foster care. I never heard anything about her until they found her remains somewhere. I never got the story on what happened.
school

Altavista, VA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
I was in middle school with kim and we were friends. Didnt know anything about her home life. When she never returned to school i thought she moved. Later is when i found out about her when her remains were discovered. So sad. I often wonder about what happened too.
Building a memorial

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Is there anything in particular that you can remember that she liked (butterflies, a certain color, anything) I'd really like to make the garden something that reflects her that she would have liked. Maybe she can look down from heaven and still enjoy it anyway I want to make it nice in remembrance of her.
a close friend

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Feb 10, 2013
I will find out for u
Building a memorial

Beckley, WV

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Thank you so much
Building a memorial

Beckley, WV

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Still looking for ideas for Kimberly's garden. We will start clearing the land hopefully next month and the garden will be the first thing put back in. Thanks to everyone trying to help.
lou

Spencer, WV

#9 Feb 21, 2013
kimberly is buried at blue ridge she was friends with my family when she lived at lanark such a sad tragic life her mom is still in prison i think.
Building a memorial

Beckley, WV

#10 Feb 27, 2013
lou wrote:
kimberly is buried at blue ridge she was friends with my family when she lived at lanark such a sad tragic life her mom is still in prison i think.
I'm trying to find out things she may have liked or her favorite color. You don't happen to remeber anything like that about her, do you? I would go talk to her mother but I really don't want to upset anyone and I don't know her name or where she is anyway. I don't want to bring up the past if it hurts someone. I just thought asking on here would be less intrusive. If her family want to comment they can but it's not as intrusive as me walking up to them , not leaving them a choice as to if they want to answer or talk about it. If I don't find out anything, the garden willl still be built and I will make it lovely for her, I just thought it would be nice to make it more personal.
1 post removed
friend

Beckley, WV

#12 Apr 11, 2013
She liked riding bicycles when she was little. she had long beautiful blond hair. she was a believer. she liked purple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please watch out for brave on topix he could b... 45 min Chad 7
her son having a very shape funny head? 49 min Chad 16
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Bee 4,300
Drama queens 3 hr Tracy 5
Giving for the Holidays 3 hr donkey chad 2
Addiction is NOT a disease. 3 hr reberto 13
lets give a big hand for robert on topix for be... 20 hr little robert 1

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance