walmart going on strike???

walmart going on strike???

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
my thoughts

Mount Hope, WV

#1 Nov 19, 2012
just heard on the news walmart workers are going to strike friday, i really hope they do.bring this giant retailer to its knees. about time these underpaid workers get whats right instead of the filthy rich stockholders.I SUPPORT THEM 100 PER CENT my thoughts
Amanda

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Agreed
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Nov 19, 2012
go on strike right before Christmas, in the cold winter, I don't think so.
Anti Walmart

Gordon, WV

#4 Nov 20, 2012
MrMess wrote:
go on strike right before Christmas, in the cold winter, I don't think so.
What are you trying to say?
That if walmart employees strike they will be out in the cold?
I thought you were Pro Obama Mr Mess?
These people don't have to worry because they are alredy getting Gov assistence do to the fact that they qualify for it with them being under the poverty level. Walmart even encourages them to use the system.
If they do strike and do loose there jobs it will only be an improvment for them, not being a slave to a milti billion $$$ company that cares for nothing or nobody except their profits.
If you dont believe me please feel free to seek out a documentary called "Walmart, the High Cost of Low Prices"
good

Beckley, WV

#5 Nov 20, 2012
i hope they close it down?
no way

Beckley, WV

#6 Nov 20, 2012
to many chickenshits there
fact

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Nov 20, 2012
if they would only stik together
melinda

Newton, NJ

#8 Nov 20, 2012
really where do you all live where i live i have heard nothing of it just wondered because i work in a local walmart,,,
Lisa

Gordon, WV

#9 Nov 20, 2012
melinda wrote:
really where do you all live where i live i have heard nothing of it just wondered because i work in a local walmart,,,
where are you from?
Average Cititzen

Beckley, WV

#10 Nov 20, 2012
melinda wrote:
really where do you all live where i live i have heard nothing of it just wondered because i work in a local walmart,,,
IDEA!... Just watch the evening news... or watch CNN, MSNBC or Fox News anytime if you have a few minutes... or read a newspaper!
fat cat

Mount Hope, WV

#11 Nov 20, 2012
Anti Walmart wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?
That if walmart employees strike they will be out in the cold?
I thought you were Pro Obama Mr Mess?
These people don't have to worry because they are alredy getting Gov assistence do to the fact that they qualify for it with them being under the poverty level. Walmart even encourages them to use the system.
If they do strike and do loose there jobs it will only be an improvment for them, not being a slave to a milti billion $$$ company that cares for nothing or nobody except their profits.
If you dont believe me please feel free to seek out a documentary called "Walmart, the High Cost of Low Prices"
i watched the video,,,really interesting!
WhatsUp

Beckley, WV

#12 Nov 20, 2012
Wal Mart has closed stores, and fired anyone even whispering about unions. They are ruthless in dealing with employees attempting to organize to obtain fair wages and benefits. I can not see many who would risk their jobs to join in this movement. It's a shame really. I see this as bad as Matewan if they really would stick together.

Can't everyone see Wal Mart closing out and moving everything to China? After all, they always rent their stores.
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Nov 21, 2012
the wal mart mafia is going to come in and whoop all their ass's
detres

Mount Hope, WV

#14 Nov 21, 2012
WhatsUp wrote:
Wal Mart has closed stores, and fired anyone even whispering about unions. They are ruthless in dealing with employees attempting to organize to obtain fair wages and benefits. I can not see many who would risk their jobs to join in this movement. It's a shame really. I see this as bad as Matewan if they really would stick together.
Can't everyone see Wal Mart closing out and moving everything to China? After all, they always rent their stores.
i personally think walmart has ruined this country. when they come to town they run all the lil stores outta business. selling the chinese junk. these people need to stikk together an show em. whats that song allen jackson sang about this big greedy organization?? just my opinion
Stay back or Ill jump

Beckley, WV

#15 Nov 21, 2012
detres wrote:
<quoted text> i personally think walmart has ruined this country. when they come to town they run all the lil stores outta business. selling the chinese junk. these people need to stikk together an show em. whats that song allen jackson sang about this big greedy organization?? just my opinion
So... tell us please... Where do you buy your Chinese junk if not at Wal-Mart?
pam

Elizabeth, WV

#16 Nov 21, 2012
SooDo you people shop at Walmart that is how they stay open most people i know that work there are not on any gov help unlike some that shop in there just saying
detres

Mount Hope, WV

#17 Nov 21, 2012
Stay back or Ill jump wrote:
<quoted text>
So... tell us please... Where do you buy your Chinese junk if not at Wal-Mart?
well, walmart has forced all the other stores to sell chinese junk...or go outta business. think about it before walmart stores stocked with american made, now ??
heres a chance

Beckley, WV

#18 Nov 21, 2012
lets get together and do this
typical blacks

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Nov 22, 2012
Just how much salary do you people think they should make? They are right in line with other retail places. I have neighbors that work at Sallys Beauty Supply and they make $7.55 an hour which is 5 cents over minimum wage PLUS after $8.25 sge will be capped and unable to make more. Many days she works alone and gets no breaks or lunch. Another neighbor works at DOTS, not much better but she is never working alone and gets a lunch, same with Payless Shoes.
typical blacks

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 22, 2012
detres wrote:
<quoted text> well, walmart has forced all the other stores to sell chinese junk...or go outta business. think about it before walmart stores stocked with american made, now ??
don't blame Wal Mart! Blame the unions for demanding high wages and days off and benefits for unskilled employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 17 min Governor Alex Wei... 1,283
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 1 hr Janitor Of The LORD 4,760
last post wins! (Jan '11) 1 hr Isabella Fireray 1,111
Good job !!!! 11 hr Upeopleneedtogeta... 1
Kink or fetish 13 hr Loveit 2
they say 14 hr hallucination 5
Fathers That Don't Pay Child Support 15 hr TAH0307 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages