Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Oct 12, 2012
What a Mess!
Lets start with election before last when Bill Hanabass was elected Mayor and after about 6 months of service as Mayor, Illegally became city manager. According to our city charter and city code, our city law That is, NO MEMBER OF COUNCIL SHALL BECOME OR BE HIRED AS CITY MANAGER UNTIL 2 YEARS AFTER HIS TERM OF OFFICE ENDS. OK, with that being said council and he mayor found a lawyer to say that the Mayor s not a part of the city council,ROFL, Yes the Mayor does have a vote, yes in case of a ti only but hey, he is still a member of council. See all the lawyer did was say in his opinion, not even his legal opinion that the Mayor was not a part of city council and could serve as city manager. This way the city had a opinion to go by and the lawyer is covered because it as just in his opinion. THIS WAS ALL CORRUPT AND AGAINST THE CITY CHARTER, IT'S WHAT THE HELL THEY HAD IT IN THE CITY CHARTER FOR WAS O KEEP THE MAYOR FROM TAKING THE CITY MANAGER JOB...corrupt, illegal and just down right dishonest!

IN THE LAST 5 YEARS WE HAVE HAD 4 MAYORS, only 2 were elected by the people.
First we elected Hanabass as Mayor, he quit and illegally took the job as city manager and then Mrs. Holt got appointed Mayor.Did not get reelected, THEN Looney Lopez got elected Mayor THEN decided immediately to go to the National Guard after 1 MONTH AS MAYOR, STATING he would be going to some kind of officer school for the Guard and it takes a full year away from town which it looks as though it does not because he is always in town except for 1 weekend a year...Mayor Looney Lopez is always in town on Tuesdays during the council meetings???
Now in the last 5 years we have duly elected 2 Mayors, both times the Mayor has left o council can pick there own Mayor, This sure is looking funny????????
OK NOW, ACTING MAYOR COLEMAN.
Well after this last council meeting it looks like Brucie Coleman wants to be Mayor, but, didn't have the Balls to bring it up himself so he got his sister in Law, his brothers wife to ask the question, whats the Duly elected Mayors intentions. GAWD THAT IS SOO FUNNY, HAVE THESE PEOPLE NO SHAME. OR DID THEY ACTUALLY THINK WE WOULDN'T KNOW IT'S HIS BROTHERS WIFE, HIS SISTER IN LAW ASKING, FOR BRUCE.

All right now, Bruce Coleman {acting Mayor} is the councilman for the Hidden Valley section of town. Since he is acting Mayor he no longer gets to vote on council stuff concerning his section of town and stuff the people from his ward elected him to do. Making an unfair balance of power now so a few select members get to pass anything that they want to.

HERE IS THE MOST NASTY UNFAIR DIRTY PART ABOUT THE ACTING MAYOR AND WHO THEY PICKED!!!
Seems like since we have 2 councilman at large spots and everyone in the entire city votes for the councilman at large council members, wouldn't it had made more sense to pick one of the councilmen at large to fill the acting Mayor spot since everyone in the city voted on them as they did the Mayor, instead of a council member who was only voted for by the voters of only one ward or only about 1/5 of the total city voters or less???

SOMETHING IS STINKING TO HIGH HELL AROUND HERE AND IT'S COMING FROM OUR CITY OFFICES.
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Oct 13, 2012
It's a shame our small town has come to this. Even if there are one or two honest councilmen on city council, they, themselves are guilty of conspiracy since they have just set back and let it all unfold like this.
Does the older male councilman, kinda an old fart with a cane, does he not realize he is getting played, they got him thinking that he is part of the good ol boys club on council when all they do is play him like that for his vote.This old dude should had been the acting Mayor...hmmmm wonder what the other good ol boys said to him to make him want to stay councilman instead of Mayor??? Does Mollie not know a few certain council people are talking crap about her, behind her back? Like they do another female councilman.

REMEMBER ALL THE MONEY THAT CAME UP MISSING AT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT? And everyone in town agreed that there is no way Feltner could steal all that money by himself without someone else knowing or helping? Not That Acting Mayor Coleman did any wrong doings that we know of .......BUT he is a big wig on the fire department also!
Might as well go ahead and Make Teddy Taylor Liquor commissioner as long as were at it.

If and I do mean If all these councilmen are honest as they all want us to think then I think they should all resign and lets have a whole new election....

I AM CALLING FOR AND DEMANDING THE RESIGNATION OF ALL OAK HILL CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS, THE MAYOR ,THE ACTING MAYOR AND CITY MANAGER FOR WIDESPREAD MISMANAGEMENT AND GROSS MALFEASANCE OF ALL OFFICES IN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CITY OF OAK HILL!

you've tried and tried to stop my pen, but the Mess has told it,...... like it is again!
your a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Oct 13, 2012
MrMess wrote:
It's a shame our small town has come to this. Even if there are one or two honest councilmen on city council, they, themselves are guilty of conspiracy since they have just set back and let it all unfold like this.
Does the older male councilman, kinda an old fart with a cane, does he not realize he is getting played, they got him thinking that he is part of the good ol boys club on council when all they do is play him like that for his vote.This old dude should had been the acting Mayor...hmmmm wonder what the other good ol boys said to him to make him want to stay councilman instead of Mayor??? Does Mollie not know a few certain council people are talking crap about her, behind her back? Like they do another female councilman.
REMEMBER ALL THE MONEY THAT CAME UP MISSING AT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT? And everyone in town agreed that there is no way Feltner could steal all that money by himself without someone else knowing or helping? Not That Acting Mayor Coleman did any wrong doings that we know of .......BUT he is a big wig on the fire department also!
Might as well go ahead and Make Teddy Taylor Liquor commissioner as long as were at it.
If and I do mean If all these councilmen are honest as they all want us to think then I think they should all resign and lets have a whole new election....
I AM CALLING FOR AND DEMANDING THE RESIGNATION OF ALL OAK HILL CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS, THE MAYOR ,THE ACTING MAYOR AND CITY MANAGER FOR WIDESPREAD MISMANAGEMENT AND GROSS MALFEASANCE OF ALL OFFICES IN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CITY OF OAK HILL!
you've tried and tried to stop my pen, but the Mess has told it,...... like it is again!
blah, blah, blah, your just mad because your wife is screwing all the people your complaining about!! rolf...no seriously, she is doing alot of people.
Birddog

Beckley, WV

#4 Oct 13, 2012
Mr Mess tells it like it is regarding city officials and all they can do is attack his wife. Shows a real lack of class on their part. I think citizens of Oak Hill should remember this at election time.
Error

Ardsley, NY

#5 Oct 13, 2012
MrMess wrote:
What a Mess!
Lets start with election before last when Bill Hanabass was elected Mayor and after about 6 months of service as Mayor, Illegally became city manager. According to our city charter and city code, our city law That is, NO MEMBER OF COUNCIL SHALL BECOME OR BE HIRED AS CITY MANAGER UNTIL 2 YEARS AFTER HIS TERM OF OFFICE ENDS. OK, with that being said council and he mayor found a lawyer to say that the Mayor s not a part of the city council,ROFL, Yes the Mayor does have a vote, yes in case of a ti only but hey, he is still a member of council. See all the lawyer did was say in his opinion, not even his legal opinion that the Mayor was not a part of city council and could serve as city manager. This way the city had a opinion to go by and the lawyer is covered because it as just in his opinion. THIS WAS ALL CORRUPT AND AGAINST THE CITY CHARTER, IT'S WHAT THE HELL THEY HAD IT IN THE CITY CHARTER FOR WAS O KEEP THE MAYOR FROM TAKING THE CITY MANAGER JOB...corrupt, illegal and just down right dishonest!
IN THE LAST 5 YEARS WE HAVE HAD 4 MAYORS, only 2 were elected by the people.
First we elected Hanabass as Mayor, he quit and illegally took the job as city manager and then Mrs. Holt got appointed Mayor.Did not get reelected, THEN Looney Lopez got elected Mayor THEN decided immediately to go to the National Guard after 1 MONTH AS MAYOR, STATING he would be going to some kind of officer school for the Guard and it takes a full year away from town which it looks as though it does not because he is always in town except for 1 weekend a year...Mayor Looney Lopez is always in town on Tuesdays during the council meetings???
Now in the last 5 years we have duly elected 2 Mayors, both times the Mayor has left o council can pick there own Mayor, This sure is looking funny????????
OK NOW, ACTING MAYOR COLEMAN.
Well after this last council meeting it looks like Brucie Coleman wants to be Mayor, but, didn't have the Balls to bring it up himself so he got his sister in Law, his brothers wife to ask the question, whats the Duly elected Mayors intentions. GAWD THAT IS SOO FUNNY, HAVE THESE PEOPLE NO SHAME. OR DID THEY ACTUALLY THINK WE WOULDN'T KNOW IT'S HIS BROTHERS WIFE, HIS SISTER IN LAW ASKING, FOR BRUCE.
All right now, Bruce Coleman {acting Mayor} is the councilman for the Hidden Valley section of town. Since he is acting Mayor he no longer gets to vote on council stuff concerning his section of town and stuff the people from his ward elected him to do. Making an unfair balance of power now so a few select members get to pass anything that they want to.
HERE IS THE MOST NASTY UNFAIR DIRTY PART ABOUT THE ACTING MAYOR AND WHO THEY PICKED!!!
Seems like since we have 2 councilman at large spots and everyone in the entire city votes for the councilman at large council members, wouldn't it had made more sense to pick one of the councilmen at large to fill the acting Mayor spot since everyone in the city voted on them as they did the Mayor, instead of a council member who was only voted for by the voters of only one ward or only about 1/5 of the total city voters or less???
SOMETHING IS STINKING TO HIGH HELL AROUND HERE AND IT'S COMING FROM OUR CITY OFFICES.
Check your facts. Council meetings are on monday. I invite you to come.
Agree

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Oct 13, 2012
This town has gone to CRAP and desperately needs changes, and cleaned up. The police drive right by, on their cell phones, speeding (NOT going to a call).... headed straight to stuff their face. Too many lives have been lost due to overdoses, pill deals going on right in front of everyone at nearly every gas station in this town. Drive through Oak Hill and take a glance. The only thing here are gas stations and junky thrift stores. This place used to be THE place to live, and have a good business market. Something needs to be done, starting with the pill epidemic. Families are being torn apart, and even lost. Instead of writing ignorant speeding tickets, take a look at some of these forums.... it tells exactly where the deals/problems are going on. We need to clean up our little town, and be proud of what we have. We live in a beautiful state, with good people here. Its is drowning in drugs and trash. We all need to come together and take action, if its not too late. I truly worry about my childrens future here. I used to be proud to be from Oak Hill, now its almost a shame to admit.
citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Oct 13, 2012
shouldnt all of this be reported to the attorney general??
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Oct 13, 2012
we need to have a recall election, I wish the councilmen we have would be shamed into quitting, there a waste of space to be frank about it..
your a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Oct 14, 2012
MrMess wrote:
we need to have a recall election, I wish the councilmen we have would be shamed into quitting, there a waste of space to be frank about it..
your wife likes to be shamed, she really does!! your wife likes franks in her wasted space!! but seriously, she likes gang bangs
you are a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Oct 14, 2012
your a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
your wife likes to be shamed, she really does!! your wife likes franks in her wasted space!! but seriously, she likes gang bangs
Since you cannot bring up some facts, just juvenile ranting, I am guessing you are speaking from experience.
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Oct 15, 2012
A good example of council stupidity.

Oak Hill City Hall building, 3 floors with a attic plus a big fire department addition. Use to be on a normal day you would have 30 or so people there every week day, Police dept., fire dept., street dept.,city street crew, city managers office with a sanitary board worker. They had to heat and cool and keep the whole building clean.
Now on a usual work day there are somewhere around 4 people working in the building, they have to heat and cool the entire building for 4 people, thousands upon thousands of dollars every month for 4 people. LOL they could rent a office somewhere and pay utility's for less every month than what the gas bill would run for a month especially in the winter......Just another example of wh our city is in the crapper..
TOWN COUNCIL AND CITY MANAGER PLEASE DO THE CITIZENS OF OAK HILL A FAVOR AND RESIGN, QUIT, HIT THE ROAD!
Town Citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Oct 15, 2012
This town needs help. Seems like the only ones profiting are these city council seats, and fire department members. They have all these $50,000 trucks, boats, etc... The council, which is obvious, does NOTHING to help this town that is wasting away. What exactly are they getting paid to do? Show up? The flippin town is full of thrift stores that are junky looking. Pill deals on just about every corner, and gas station. So sad that the Homecoming Parade was all of 10 minutes long. They should have showed that HORRIBLY expensive Fire Department truck that is obviously seldom used. What about all those nice City Police cars? Those are not cheap. Atleast they have something to ride around in before they write a measly speeding ticket, instead of trying to combat the pill/drug problem that has taken over in this town. No wonder people are selling drugs to make money.... they can easily get by with all the nonsense. Rio Grande will remain open for a long time. All the police in the county keep it kickin, knowing 3/4 of them are illegal immigrants.
Error

Bluefield, WV

#13 Oct 15, 2012
MrMess wrote:
Oak Hill City Hall building, 3 floors with a attic plus a big fire department addition. Use to be on a normal day you would have 30 or so people there every week day, Police dept., fire dept., street dept.,city street crew, city managers office with a sanitary board worker. They had to heat and cool and keep the whole building clean.
Now on a usual work day there are somewhere around 4 people working in the building, they have to heat and cool the entire building for 4 people, thousands upon thousands of dollars every month for 4 people. LOL they could rent a office somewhere and pay utility's for less every month than what the gas bill would run for a month especially in the winter......Just another example of wh our city is in the crapper..
TOWN COUNCIL AND CITY MANAGER PLEASE DO THE CITIZENS OF OAK HILL A FAVOR AND RESIGN, QUIT, HIT THE ROAD!
As previously stated, Mr. Mess, perhaps you should attend a monthly council meeting. I feel certain they would accomodate your request to bring these issues before the council. Shall we pencil you in for the November 12 meeting? Also, it would seem that you haven't been to city hall lately, as your staff count is erroneous. The top floor of the building is currently rented out to a Heritage Group. If you are so inclined, perhaps you should wage a write-in candidacy for a city office in the upcoming election.
MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Oct 15, 2012
I see, I also see that the City of Oak Hill and Heritage Group is setting up themselves to be sued, Do you not know that by Federal and state Law those offices have to be Handicap accessible.
Truthfully, I could go to any lawyer in Oak Hill and sue them both because of this, most any handicap person can. It will be easy money. Gawd you people are just plain stupid.
your a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Oct 16, 2012
MrMess wrote:
your wife should put some cleaning rags on her knees, she spends enough time on them at city hall to keep all the floors clean rofl!! and again ironicly enough she like it in the crapper too!!rofl, but seriously she does.
your a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Oct 16, 2012
you are a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you cannot bring up some facts, just juvenile ranting, I am guessing you are speaking from experience.
the fact is she is like dropping it in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water rofl!! and you can ask pretty much anyone in fayette county they have been there too!!
your a joke

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Oct 16, 2012
MrMess wrote:
I see, I also see that the City of Oak Hill and Heritage Group is setting up themselves to be sued, Do you not know that by Federal and state Law those offices have to be Handicap accessible.
Truthfully, I could go to any lawyer in Oak Hill and sue them both because of this, most any handicap person can. It will be easy money. Gawd you people are just plain stupid.
idk bout that, your wife gets around pretty good in there on her back and knees, it could be arguable!! rofl, seriously she does get around alot.
kay

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Your count is also off on the business's in oak hill. We have a very nice music store on main and another one on central. We also have two tatoo places on main. We now have three places to eat lunch on main. one computer store. Two Jewelry stores Three banks. A floral shop two places to get your windshields fixed, A engraving store and a number of places to work on our cars, you can get your clothes drycleaned or washed, you can wash your car, put gas in your car and buy a drink, There are at least two cute little stores to buy a gift and get it wrapped. And a couple of places to gamble. You can even bowl if you want.

Yes we need some large business. But the people of oak hill do not support the business we do have why do we need any more.
Hey MrMess

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Oct 17, 2012
I got some really juicy info 4 u, but cant put it on here. You would really love to hear this one.
OH Girl

Mount Hope, WV

#20 Oct 17, 2012
kay wrote:
Your count is also off on the business's in oak hill. We have a very nice music store on main and another one on central. We also have two tatoo places on main. We now have three places to eat lunch on main. one computer store. Two Jewelry stores Three banks. A floral shop two places to get your windshields fixed, A engraving store and a number of places to work on our cars, you can get your clothes drycleaned or washed, you can wash your car, put gas in your car and buy a drink, There are at least two cute little stores to buy a gift and get it wrapped. And a couple of places to gamble. You can even bowl if you want.
Yes we need some large business. But the people of oak hill do not support the business we do have why do we need any more.
there are quite a few other businesses too :-)
The town isn't dead, it just needs to be cleaned up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 7 min what a russsh 6,232
Ester pennington aka 4 dollar ester (Nov '11) 4 hr Use birth control 27
Double Word Alphabet Game,... (Jan '14) 5 hr notBeavis 615
I know 6 hr Billy bob 2
It's about time. 6 hr Billy bob 6
Kecia Bowman 14 hr oakhillguy 4
Sewer Rates (Nov '14) 17 hr Nana 95

Oak Hill Jobs

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages