“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Corsicana, TX

#21018 Aug 2, 2013
First of all, no one can one negotiate in good faith with people who don't live in the real world. It's counter productive--just like Tea Baggers.

Secondly, the only way I could "keep up" with you is to go backwards and I have no intention of doing that.
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obstructionists can be anybody unwilling to negotiate in good faith with the other side. Maybe you should quit trying to be cute and just try to keep up.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#21019 Aug 2, 2013
First of all if Clinton had been the great president you all loved then he would have had a backbone and NOT signed the tax base overseas. Then we were going to war over 9/11, but one location was wrong. Plus Bush was not a economic guru by any imagination. I agree about the China credit card. Now if Obama should of started out with economics and help build the country up first, then he would have had more momentum for Obama care. He put the cart before the horse. That is why they lost the house.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21020 Aug 2, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
First of all if Clinton had been the great president you all loved then he would have had a backbone and NOT signed the tax base overseas. Then we were going to war over 9/11, but one location was wrong. Plus Bush was not a economic guru by any imagination. I agree about the China credit card. Now if Obama should of started out with economics and help build the country up first, then he would have had more momentum for Obama care. He put the cart before the horse. That is why they lost the house.
He did start out with some economic help, but once the nuts got hung up on Obamacare, republicans lost their little minds.

Same thing with the economy. They oppose everything dems try to do and then whine about the economy. Who do you think is going to pay the price for that? Democrats? You might not like their ideas, but at least they have some.

And what have republicans done?

Tried to repeal Obamacare 40 times.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#21021 Aug 2, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Is it too much for you guys to grasp the fact tha Obamacare IS AN ECONOMIC AID? I mean, you do realize that our health care system is the single largest drain on our economy, the leading cause of bankruptcy and is of poorer quality than every other modern country? It doesn't work. For-profit health care failed. Totally. Even if people who lived in reality pretended that they didn't care that poor people can't get health care, it's still an absolute failure. The GOP has NO SOLUTION WHATSOEVER. Vouchers. That was their plan. Even republicans weren't going to play that dumb game.

#21022 Aug 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
He did start out with some economic help, but once the nuts got hung up on Obamacare, republicans lost their little minds.
Same thing with the economy. They oppose everything dems try to do and then whine about the economy. Who do you think is going to pay the price for that? Democrats? You might not like their ideas, but at least they have some.
And what have republicans done?
Tried to repeal Obamacare 40 times.
I love it when dumb tea baggers block every measure aimed at helping the economy, then bitch about the economy. It's the same logic as thinking that they can offend the majority of Americans with their bullshit and still win elections that require a majority of Americans. I'd call them stupid but that's become a "mute" point.

#21023 Aug 2, 2013
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obstructionists can be anybody unwilling to negotiate in good faith with the other side. Maybe you should quit trying to be cute and just try to keep up.
Not when we're speaking about the current political climate. When somebody says "obstructionism," or "obstructionists" or "racist obstructionism," EVERYBODY knows the reference is to tea baggers and conservatives currently serving as lawmakers in US government. Perhaps you should stop playing dumb. Or, maybe it isn't a ruse?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#21024 Aug 2, 2013
To start off, we do not know yet if Obama care is and aid or hinderence. We will not know until it is in full swing. Obama had both house and senete for his first two years. If he had any good economic changes, then would have been the time to do it. So lets not think they thought this out first. It is basic economics. You build a tax base before you tax.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21025 Aug 2, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when dumb tea baggers block every measure aimed at helping the economy, then bitch about the economy. It's the same logic as thinking that they can offend the majority of Americans with their bullshit and still win elections that require a majority of Americans. I'd call them stupid but that's become a "mute" point.
It's arrogance on the part of republican politicians.

Stupidity on the part of republican voters.
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21027 Aug 2, 2013
I explained this to you once. Gave you a link to prove that HE DID NOT HAVE A FILIBUSTER PROOF MAJORITY FOR TWO YEARS.

Yet you continue to tell the same lies. Just more proof that republicans cannot be educated. Your party knew that if they picked the least educated dolts and appealed to their sense of fear, they could tell you anything.
Well Duh wrote:
To start off, we do not know yet if Obama care is and aid or hinderence. We will not know until it is in full swing. Obama had both house and senete for his first two years. If he had any good economic changes, then would have been the time to do it. So lets not think they thought this out first. It is basic economics. You build a tax base before you tax.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21028 Aug 2, 2013
https://www.google.com/search...

Obama DID NOT have a filibuster proof super majority.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#21029 Aug 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arrogance on the part of republican politicians.
Stupidity on the part of republican voters.
Teabaggers are also rooting for a bad hurricane to hit the US to blame Obama somehow in retaliation for Katrina and Bush fiddling his geetar while the GOP blamed Dems and it backfired, also exposed incompetence with Bush admin figures. They have failed at other attempts for payback and every time they try they get laughed at.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21030 Aug 2, 2013
1 post removed

#21032 Aug 2, 2013
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said before that the failure of the Republican Party to rein in the Tea Party is costing Republicans stature and, more importantly, votes. However, there are plenty of partisans on both sides of the aisle. While I personally support the Affordable Care Act, just think how much better the bill might have been if Democrats and Republicans would have worked together for the good of the country. Both sides need to start moving more toward the center.
We did. Obamacare was a compromise. It started as a single payer health system. Look at cap-and-trade. That was the GOP compromise back when Bill was stomping their asses. Now it's the democratic plan fought by the GOP. Democrats have moved toward the center. The tea baggers just flew off the f_cking table. I voted for Obama because I thought he'd be radical. I wanted the drug war to be ended, Iraq and Afghanistan to be done with within days, a war on poverty started, deep investments in education and energy, a single-payer healthcare system and tax the bejesus out of people who earn over a half million a year. None of that happened in the name of "compromise." Which is why I contend that Hillary won't even use the word. If the dumb tea baggers didn't like Obamacare jammed down their ignorant throats, they should just quit. Because that bitch won't even entertain the idea of a compromise. Get used to hearing the words "executive orders."

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#21033 Aug 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
I explained this to you once. Gave you a link to prove that HE DID NOT HAVE A FILIBUSTER PROOF MAJORITY FOR TWO YEARS.
Yet you continue to tell the same lies. Just more proof that republicans cannot be educated. Your party knew that if they picked the least educated dolts and appealed to their sense of fear, they could tell you anything.
<quoted text>
It is about the fourth time you told these jugheads, they selectively refuse to acknowledge these discussions have been played out already (esp the Franken/Coileman dispute where Franken barely won), ruins the preplanned narrative Faux and/or RxUSH tells them to say.

#21034 Aug 2, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers are also rooting for a bad hurricane to hit the US to blame Obama somehow in retaliation for Katrina and Bush fiddling his geetar while the GOP blamed Dems and it backfired, also exposed incompetence with Bush admin figures. They have failed at other attempts for payback and every time they try they get laughed at.
Katrina is what happens when you have an ignorant cowboy appoint his buddy whose qualifications were - get this shit - being the head of the Texas Arabian Horse Association, to run the world's largest emergency response system. Hilarious. Good job brownie.
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21036 Aug 2, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is about the fourth time you told these jugheads, they selectively refuse to acknowledge these discussions have been played out already (esp the Franken/Coileman dispute where Franken barely won), ruins the preplanned narrative Faux and/or RxUSH tells them to say.
Most republicans don't live in the real world anyway. How can you have a discussion with someone who thinks they can piss off 60% of the voting population and still win. Reality is just not their strong suit.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#21037 Aug 2, 2013
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
If we get used to hearing the words "executive orders", how long will it be before we get used to hearing the word "dictator".
Then have your party take part in the democratic process instead obstructing it. These anarchist our out to shut down the government of a duly elected president simply because they are butt hurt.
2 posts removed

#21040 Aug 2, 2013
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/who-...
I wouldn't get too confident yet.
What's this got to do with anything? Obama won. Get used to it. Seen any polling of Hillary versus whatever-teabagger- that-tries? Ugly. Obama wins by 10 million votes, Hillary wins by 50 million easy.

#21041 Aug 2, 2013
SFHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that I have already said that I am a registered Independent. I see too many flaws in both parties to align with either of them.
So you waste your vote? Smart. Independent and Libertarians make me laugh almost as much as tea baggers. You'll never have a legitimate candidate. Why get with the program and come in for (another) big win?
1 post removed

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#21043 Aug 2, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>How can Obama tank us? I doubt he'll be invading the wrong country and putting the costs on a Chinese credit card or giving totally unfunded tax cuts to billionaires - the two thing that Bush did that crushed this country. Obama can just keep on keepin' on. He's good to go. He's already accomplished more than I thought he could after seeing the racist obstructionism that he faces. And every indicator is on the uptick - from unemployment to Wall Street to GDP to foreign relations. It's all night and day from Bush. Hence the scandals. The dumb tea baggers are fresh out of ammo. So now they're throwing rocks. Of course it looks childish and desperate, but they're oblivious to that just like they're oblivious to most things in reality.
See the thing you don't understand is that tax cuts don't have to be funded it is money that people have already earned. Government projects are funded by the working mans sweat. You have it in reverse. We work for the money, the government takes it under the threat of imprisonment if we don't pay them money to waste on stupid programs. Like for instance the matting habits of bull frogs or a bridge to no where in Alaska. Anybody thinks its the governments money to give to us in a tax credit or cut, doesn't understand the concept of a Capitalist Society. If you remember in history we fought the British for over taxation and this country now is being taxed more of a percentage than we ever were under British rule. For years we didn't even have a federal income tax. I don't mind paying federal income tax if everybody got taxed the same percentage rate according to income. If you make 8 dollars and hour you get charged the same tax rate you want to tax someone making 1000 dollars an hour. Called a flat tax across the board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word of the Day (Mar '12) 2 min notBeavis 1,221
Let's Play One Word,...!!! (Mar '13) 6 min notBeavis 1,581
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 7 min notBeavis 4,209
Game of Three Words,... (Aug '13) 9 min notBeavis 1,157
Oak Hill needs to get it's priorities straight 13 min shutuptroll 7
Why doesn't Oak Hill have a town Christmas Tree? 16 min Noone cares 8
What is a "reach around"? 29 min really 37
Oak Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web