bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#14280 May 13, 2013
Sundog - in your giant list of mistakes and coverups in the Bush Administration, you forgot one that may have changed everything - the dismantling of the Iraqi army and its ruling Baath party. These weren't stupid men. These were the leaders of the fourth largest military on the planet. They waited patiently to see what we'd do. We had two choices - keep them intact to restore order and rebuild, or deconstruct them entirely. By doing the latter, we took millions of armed men and told them they would have no place in the new country, that they would have to fend for themselves. They did. One-on-one versis American troops. We all know how that turned out. Why did the war criminal do this? If he hadn't, our journalists could have ultimately uncovered the WMD scandal by interviewing ranking members within months and Bush would have been outted for fabricating the evidence he used to justify his invasion. By allowing us to get bogged down in a quagmire, he delayed the truth, and killed thousands of Americans for nothing.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#14281 May 13, 2013

“I'm A Whacko From”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#14282 May 13, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Sundog - in your giant list of mistakes and coverups in the Bush Administration, you forgot one that may have changed everything - the dismantling of the Iraqi army and its ruling Baath party. These weren't stupid men. These were the leaders of the fourth largest military on the planet. They waited patiently to see what we'd do. We had two choices - keep them intact to restore order and rebuild, or deconstruct them entirely. By doing the latter, we took millions of armed men and told them they would have no place in the new country, that they would have to fend for themselves. They did. One-on-one versis American troops. We all know how that turned out. Why did the war criminal do this? If he hadn't, our journalists could have ultimately uncovered the WMD scandal by interviewing ranking members within months and Bush would have been outted for fabricating the evidence he used to justify his invasion. By allowing us to get bogged down in a quagmire, he delayed the truth, and killed thousands of Americans for nothing.
Absolutely. And the biggest problem with what Bush did in Iraq was that he completely de-stablized the region by removing Saddam. Look at what has happened since we invaded--Iran is out of control, Syria has gone mad, Egypt and Libya--out of control. The notion that any of these areas would have become democratic nations is absurd. Democray will not flourish in a theocracy. Modern day republicans prove that on a daily basis.
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#14283 May 13, 2013
*versus
3 posts removed
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#14287 May 13, 2013
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>could you expand on the racism comment. I have never seen any evidence of that from the tea party. By the way, I am a democrat and do not mind if you call me a teabagger or anything else. Calling me names hasn't bothered me for years.
Wait, you tried to "educate me" on the word teabagger, even though you knew nothing about it. Now you think that the teabaggers aren't racists and you call yourself a democrat? You aren't a democrat. Sorry. Any democrat knows exactly what the tea baggers stand for. Here's an exercize - google "Tea Party is NOT racist."

“I'm A Whacko From”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#14288 May 13, 2013
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>you do realize bush has been gone for a while now, I hope. He still haunts the liberals obviously. The obsession with him is odd.
Naturally, we understand and sympathize with your desires for the whole world to forget about Bush, but in the adult world, there are consequences for actions. The passing of time (and the torch) does not make Bush any less accountable.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>Why all the comparisons of Obama to bush? If bush was as terrible as you say and obviously the most vile creature that ever walked the earth, is it really a great accomplishment to say Obama isn't quite as bad? Why not compare Obama to a good president?
Because the same party that was responsible for getting Bush elected wants another chance and so far, they've exhibited nothing but the same fear, ignorance, paranoia, and short-sightedness. In short, you've not yet learned your lesson. Moving farther to the right will not fix things.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>Here's why you don't. Record debt dragging the country down,
Bush also gave us record debt, yet he was elected twic.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>high unemployment,
Unemployment went up nearly 3% in Bush's last year in office. It hasn't gone up that much in all of Obamas.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>lies and coverups,
Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq ring a bell? Ignoring warnings leading up to Iraq ring a bell?
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>selling guns to Mexican drug gangs,
Invading a sovoverign nation and destablilizing a region ring a bell?
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>his IRS illegally targeting republicans,
Personally, I like that. I just wish that they would decide to tax churches too.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>campaigning as we are being attacked in Benghazi,
Well it's not like he stood on a the deck of a carrier proclaiming Mission Accomplished or anything, is it?
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>ignoring the economy to push gay rights,
It's called multi-tasking.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>trying to go around the second amendment and keep honest citizens from protecting themselves.
There is nothing in the second ammendment that says you can't have expanded back-ground checks. You republicants are so melodramatic.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>Bad bad president. That Obamacare sure is a joke too. Already costing 3 times what he said it was going to cost.
As long as it reduces medical costs, I don't really care. I would rather see my tax dollars go to Obamacare than to lining the pockets of defense contractors who sell the government 800 dollar hammers.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>And remember when he promised time and time again that it wasn't a tax that everyone had to pay and the only reason the Supreme Court passed it was, guess why, sure enough it was a tax. Liar liar pants on fire.
And what about all the money republicans have spent trying to repeal something that the majority of the country wanted? You don't see a problem with that?

“Going down THAT road”

Level 2

Since: Sep 11

Yeehaw Junction, FL

#14289 May 13, 2013
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>the unrest is due to obamas weakness as a president. The Middle East does not fear him, they laugh at him. They know they can do what they want and he will sit back and do nothing. Look at Benghazi for example. A terrorist attack on our consulate and he just ignores it, goes to bed and is off to Las Vegas the next day campaigning. The terrorists have nothing to fear anymore, they can do as they please.
You are a tard that does not understand these things and gotta maske things up, typical contard.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#14290 May 13, 2013
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>the unrest is due to obamas weakness as a president.
What weakness? He was responsible for taking out bin Laden and Qadaffi. There's no weakness there. He is running a terror campaign of his own in the middle east with drones. The unrest is EXACTLY what Bush senior said would happen if you took out Saddam. That's why he didn't do it during the first gulf war.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>The Middle East does not fear him, they laugh at him. They know they can do what they want and he will sit back and do nothing.
Reagan failed to take out Qadaffi and you think they feared him? Bush failed to take out Bin Laden and you think they feared him? Obama ended the lives of both of them and you think the middle east doesn't fear him? That's just stupid.
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>Look at Benghazi for example. A terrorist attack on our consulate and he just ignores it, goes to bed and is off to Las Vegas the next day campaigning. The terrorists have nothing to fear anymore, they can do as they please.
Yeah, let's look at it. A terrorist attack on our consulate where 4 people died. More than 60 were killed during terrorist attacks under Bush and he did nothing about it. 220 Marines were killed by terrorists when they bombed the base in Beirut during Reagan's presidency and guess what...Reagan did NOTHING about it. And you call him a saint. Sorry if I don't take you righteous indignation as anything more than trying to smear Hillary, your next president.

“Me pack a gon”

Level 3

Since: Aug 12

Chico, CA

#14291 May 13, 2013
Me steel sob that SÚnor Meet deed not win ze president, me wanted to ze first Mehican presedente, me no nothing bout zee feection they want me too puppet in Leebya but me do pack ze gon.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#14292 May 13, 2013
Here's a thought. If you republicans put a fraction of the effort into finding yourself a candidate that could win an election that you do into finding fault with the democrats who actually win elections, you might be able to save your party. Histrionics does not constitute a winning political party.

“Byah!”

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#14293 May 13, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
What weakness? He was responsible for taking out bin Laden and Qadaffi. There's no weakness there. He is running a terror campaign of his own in the middle east with drones. The unrest is EXACTLY what Bush senior said would happen if you took out Saddam. That's why he didn't do it during the first gulf war.
<quoted text>
Reagan failed to take out Qadaffi and you think they feared him? Bush failed to take out Bin Laden and you think they feared him? Obama ended the lives of both of them and you think the middle east doesn't fear him? That's just stupid.
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's look at it. A terrorist attack on our consulate where 4 people died. More than 60 were killed during terrorist attacks under Bush and he did nothing about it. 220 Marines were killed by terrorists when they bombed the base in Beirut during Reagan's presidency and guess what...Reagan did NOTHING about it. And you call him a saint. Sorry if I don't take you righteous indignation as anything more than trying to smear Hillary, your next president.
Gadhafi (as it was spelled by him) was killed by a French spy. Reagan was feared. Bush was the butt of everyone's jokes. I just wanted to clear the record there LOL.

“Moo”

Level 2

Since: May 13

Chico, CA

#14294 May 13, 2013
Moo

“Moo”

Level 2

Chico, CA

#14295 May 13, 2013
Moo!

“Moo”

Level 2

Chico, CA

#14296 May 13, 2013
Mooo!

“I'm A Whacko From”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#14297 May 13, 2013
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
Gadhafi (as it was spelled by him) was killed by a French spy. Reagan was feared. Bush was the butt of everyone's jokes. I just wanted to clear the record there LOL.
After US and UN planes bombed the hole he was hiding in. This was even after John McCain first asked why we weren't doing anything about Libya and the whined because we were. Sheesh.

Straight from Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/20/ob...

That's your opinion about whether or not he was feared. He certainly wasn't feared by the terrorists that killed 200+ Marines.

And yes, I agree with you about Bush.
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#14298 May 13, 2013
Bad day for you dumbocrats, first one of your fellow baby killers is going up the river then down to hell, next your boy is having a hard time keeping all of his lies straight on Benghazi and the IRS scandals, then later today we find out that the Justice Department has been monitoring phone calls at the Associated Press. This last revelation may be the strangest of all given the fact that the AP is one of your boy's groupies. What did Forrest Gump say? Stupid is as Stupid does.
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#14299 May 13, 2013
Regan was feared by the Soviets only. And only because he was willing to outspend them. He was able to turn the cold war into a battle of military-industrial complexes. We won. His decision not to respond to the barracks bombing was also a wise move. He knew exit strategies don't exist in the middle east - they're all nuts. Daddy Bush and Clinton understood this as well. Too bad we had a borderline retard appointed after them.

However Reagan did two things that set our country on a path to destruction. The first was the domestic trickle-down economics theory, which is a complete failure and created the vast differences between classes we have today.

The other was unforseen, but incomprehensible. He sent billions in taxpayer dollars to muslim fanatics in Afghanistan to battle the Soviets. This money funded the rise of the Taliban, created a home base for terrorists and created the needed infrastructure for bin Laden to murder thousands of Americans on Sept. 11, 2001.

Iran-Contra was miniscule compared to what transpired from his investments in Islamic fanaticism.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#14300 May 13, 2013
Crowley wrote:
Bad day for you dumbocrats, first one of your fellow baby killers is going up the river then down to hell, next your boy is having a hard time keeping all of his lies straight on Benghazi and the IRS scandals, then later today we find out that the Justice Department has been monitoring phone calls at the Associated Press. This last revelation may be the strangest of all given the fact that the AP is one of your boy's groupies. What did Forrest Gump say? Stupid is as Stupid does.
Forest Gump Was a Republican....
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#14301 May 13, 2013
--Crack Rabbit-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Forest Gump Was a Republican....
Probably was Butt Crack, but he was talking about dumbocrats.
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#14302 May 13, 2013
Crowley wrote:
You should give What The Fox News a break and read once. The president can't influence the IRS. Although it's great they went after tea bagger. Churches are next. You guys should've invented your Benghazi bullshit a little later - by the time Hillary is de-cleating whatever sacrificial lamb idiot you throw up there, it'll be widely known as a political witchunt - just like Monica.

I hope somebody does some time over the AP's phone records. But again, the two sides aren't political. It's a national security versus public disclosure. I'll always side with sunshine laws. I'd rather have transparency than security. You can try to make it an Obama thing, but like everything you dumb tea baggers do, it'll be a failure we'll all laugh at you for.

Every day for a democrat is a good day - we won, are winning and will continure to win. You guys just keeping masturbating on your guns and bibles and pray you can get off the bench someday in, uh, 2020? Ha ha ha ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Bibb Jr. 2 hr Dumbies 9
last post wins! (Jan '11) 6 hr notBeavis 985
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 6 hr notBeavis 3,973
Game of Three Words,... (Aug '13) 6 hr notBeavis 949
Ginseng arrests 7 hr Digger 1
Boy jumped at oak hill baseball field 7 hr Survivor 29
psst 8 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 2
annexation of oak hill and minden 10 hr umm 30
•••
•••