Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Real independence, however, remains an elusive dream until the Palestinians negotiate a peace deal with the Israelis, who warned that the General Assembly action will only delay a lasting solution. Israel still controls the West Bank, east Jerusalem and access to Gaza, and it accused the Palestinians of bypassing negotiations with the campaign to upgrade their U.N. status.

The United States immediately criticized the historic vote. "Today's unfortunate and counterproductive resolution places further obstacles in the path peace," U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the speech by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to the General Assembly shortly before the vote "defamatory and venomous," saying it was "full of mendacious propaganda" against Israel.

Level 7

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

hope wrote:
<quoted text>
it's fine that you have an opinion, it's great actually, but you're trying to pass it off as fact. And thats just not the case.
Not all of what you say against Israel was based on facts either.
You seemingly rushed to judgment against them every time they have no other choice but to defend themselves against terrorist groups like HAMAS.
I don't believe that all Muslims are terrorists or affiliated in some way with the Islamic Terrorists
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

hope wrote:
but here's some wonderful news:
Palestine is now a "non-member" observer state in the UN (united nations)!!!
The new status now grants the Palestinians more weight in peace talks with Israel and gives it a greater chance of joining UN agencies and the International Criminal Court (ICC). Joining the ICC would give the Palestinians greater legal basis for pursuing possible war-crimes prosecutions against the Israeli military.
it's a step in the right direction
Free Palestine!!:)
You beat me too it. That's great. Disgusting that our State Department was against this.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

hope wrote:
both parties can shove it and blow it outta their behinds. There's some evil, very rich white men at the top of the pile (elitists)pulling the strings.
There can be no peace until the ruling class is overthrown.
There you go again.You are once again going by what only one political party says about the other.
Truth is,there are some very rich Democrats too who are just as bad and not all of them are white as you are so viciously quick to label.
The problem with you is,and I'm not the only one that notices it with you on here,although you do make a very loud noise but you have no melody,its just you falling over a bunch of musical instruments.
o well

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

o well
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

youtube.com/watch... ……lol maybe next Time?
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Monroe wrote:
<quoted text>,
This seemingly new person righting under the name truth2 appears better informed but simply anti-Semitic. His pitch about the cunning Jews controlling the media etc. sounds like the paranoia of latter day Nazis.
He makes no mention of the billions of $ the US has given the Arabs of the region. It does not fit his narrative.
Israel may well have already been destroyed by the Muslim Arabs who surround them and hate them without US taxpayer money. If so it was money well spent.
This 'truth2' lays on more complaints about Israel but does not address any of the issues raised which cast Israel in a favorable or an underdog light. That is simply because they are true and cannot be rebutted.
Something else is true. If the Arabs just wanted their own country on the west bank and Gaza they could have easily had it by now. When they controlled those territories before 1967 they never made any effort to form a nation state.
They could have had an independent country of their own years ago if they would live in peace with Israel. In 1948, Israel accepted the UN plan for a two state system, one Jew and one Arab. The Arabs immediately attacked Israel to destroy it.
The Muslim Arabs' only real goal is to kill the Jews and destroy Israel. That has been their goal since Israel was formed in 1948 and continues today. It's a rough neighborhood.
The reconstruction of Israel was a process began no later than the 1880's as many Jews returned. They bought land from absentee land lords, land that was not in a country but in a barren godforsaken territory of the Ottoman empire, and they made the desert bloom. The improving economy there drew Arabs who came to work. Without the Jews developing the country there would have been far fewer Arabs there in 1948. Now, Israel is the only democracy in the area. Its economy is far better. They bring Arabs out of Gaza to be treated in their hospitals.
Jews had lived in the area for thousands of years. Today, they have been killed or driven out of nearly all Arab lands.
I am not a Jew. I am not an expert on the area or its history. All this information is common knowledge, and there is much more for anyone who wants to know.
So, truth2 and other Jew haters have simply sided with the Arabs and find rationalizations to support their hatred.
Well now look at you,you read a history book of the middle east which was surely written by a biased Jewish person and now you are an expert on Israel.

Guess what? The U.N. General Assembly has voted by over a two thirds majority to recognize the state of Palestine. How you like them apples?

BTW I am wondering how I managed to become a 'new person'.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

A number of Western delegations noted that Thursday's vote should not be interpreted as formal legal recognition of a Palestinian state. Formal recognition of statehood is something that is done bilaterally, not by the United Nations.

How ya like them apples? LOL
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Citizen wrote:
A number of Western delegations noted that Thursday's vote should not be interpreted as formal legal recognition of a Palestinian state. Formal recognition of statehood is something that is done bilaterally, not by the United Nations.
How ya like them apples? LOL
I think anyone that listens too the news would be aware of that but its a start. By a number I think you mean the US and Israel.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Palestinian” Arab nationalism today is a product of recent political and religious currents. Until the 1920's no such national community had even existed in “Palestine”. This is why both the Balfour Declaration and the League of Nations Mandate charged the Jews of the National Home with guaranteeing the civil and religious rights of other inhabitants. No mention was made of other national rights of other inhabitants, as it was recognized that the only national claim to the area was that made by the Jews.

But the fiction of Palestinian Arab nationality is still being exploited. If the Palestinians were in fact a separate nationality then their anger over the past 20 years would have been directed as much against Jordan and Egypt as against Israel, for it was the invading armies of these countries which captured, in the 1948 war, a substantial portion of the territory allotted under the United Nations' plan to the Palestinian Muslims. This included the West Bank, which was occupied by the Jordanian Army, and added to their Kingdom, and the Gaza Strip, which was seized by the Egyptians.

The one people that have, in fact, maintained its historic connection with the area called “Palestine,” over a period of 2,000 years, is the Jews. Of course, the Bible never uses the term “Palestine”, but prefers to call this land “Judah” or “Israel”.

Indeed, the Jewish right to the land of Israel is not based only on history and the Bible, but is claimed by the physical process of work invested in transforming it into an area capable of supporting life. It is the fruits of this work that motivate mythological Arab claims to the territory.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Citizen wrote:
Real independence, however, remains an elusive dream until the Palestinians negotiate a peace deal with the Israelis, who warned that the General Assembly action will only delay a lasting solution. Israel still controls the West Bank, east Jerusalem and access to Gaza, and it accused the Palestinians of bypassing negotiations with the campaign to upgrade their U.N. status.
The United States immediately criticized the historic vote. "Today's unfortunate and counterproductive resolution places further obstacles in the path peace," U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice said.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the speech by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to the General Assembly shortly before the vote "defamatory and venomous," saying it was "full of mendacious propaganda" against Israel.
It's small victory to us but it is a HUGE victory for the Palestinians.
I don't know how the USA and Israel are getting away with this, it's beyond lunacy.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.You are once again going by what only one political party says about the other.
Truth is,there are some very rich Democrats too who are just as bad and not all of them are white as you are so viciously quick to label.
The problem with you is,and I'm not the only one that notices it with you on here,although you do make a very loud noise but you have no melody,its just you falling over a bunch of musical instruments.
you misunderstand me. When I say "both parties" i mean, the two of them together. They are the same, equivalent to each other.

I'm not pitting one against the other. I'm saying "both parties" are equally bad.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

New Headlines 'US slams Israel's decision to Expand Settlements in the West Bank'. Seems that this is what Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had in mind all of the time. Steal more land.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Lets see if the "Palestinians" are still cheering when the US and Israel cuts off funding. When you win land in war, it isnt stealing unless you started the war. If it was then most of the land on the planet has been "stolen".

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

hope wrote:
<quoted text>
you misunderstand me. When I say "both parties" i mean, the two of them together. They are the same, equivalent to each other.
I'm not pitting one against the other. I'm saying "both parties" are equally bad.
You used the term "very rich white men..."

There are also rich black men and women.
President Obama is rich and it makes me kinda laugh at him when he hollers about taxing the rich when he himself is very wealthy bur rge sad part of it is that he has a half brother in Kenya and an aunt who are both very poor and in need and he won't help them.
I don't know about you but that to me is a very much classic attitude of a rich person who turns his/her nose up to their own kin who they know is in need yet is too damn stingy to help.
Obama wants to tax the rich but when it comes to him and his friends he doesn't want him and his friends to be included in taxing the wealthy.
You know that as well as everyone else knows it.
its the same ole' do unto others but not let it be done unto you gimmick.
Yes,Republicans do the very same thing.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
Lets see if the "Palestinians" are still cheering when the US and Israel cuts off funding. When you win land in war, it isnt stealing unless you started the war. If it was then most of the land on the planet has been "stolen".
How about the US cuts off funding to Israel and see if the Jews are still cheering?
1 post removed
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

truth2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the US cuts off funding to Israel and see if the Jews are still cheering?
Well since that isnt going to happen, no worries here. No more money for the Palestinians though. They made their own bed, now it is time to lay in it. The Palestinians will be lucky to end up with a parking lot if they arent careful. The Israelis let them live there, that could change. They better put down their weapons and rockets and agree to peace or they will end up with nothing but a very large graveyard.
MEhimANDshim

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

BOB FOLEY
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Citizen wrote:
Palestinian” Arab nationalism today is a product of recent political and religious currents. Until the 1920's no such national community had even existed in “Palestine”. This is why both the Balfour Declaration and the League of Nations Mandate charged the Jews of the National Home with guaranteeing the civil and religious rights of other inhabitants. No mention was made of other national rights of other inhabitants, as it was recognized that the only national claim to the area was that made by the Jews.
But the fiction of Palestinian Arab nationality is still being exploited. If the Palestinians were in fact a separate nationality then their anger over the past 20 years would have been directed as much against Jordan and Egypt as against Israel, for it was the invading armies of these countries which captured, in the 1948 war, a substantial portion of the territory allotted under the United Nations' plan to the Palestinian Muslims. This included the West Bank, which was occupied by the Jordanian Army, and added to their Kingdom, and the Gaza Strip, which was seized by the Egyptians.
The one people that have, in fact, maintained its historic connection with the area called “Palestine,” over a period of 2,000 years, is the Jews. Of course, the Bible never uses the term “Palestine”, but prefers to call this land “Judah” or “Israel”.
Indeed, the Jewish right to the land of Israel is not based only on history and the Bible, but is claimed by the physical process of work invested in transforming it into an area capable of supporting life. It is the fruits of this work that motivate mythological Arab claims to the territory.
I do not believe that God was ever in the real estate business. The bible,which was written by the jews,cannot validate Israel's claim of territorial ownership.
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

truth2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that God was ever in the real estate business. The bible,which was written by the jews,cannot validate Israel's claim of territorial ownership.
But war can, and it has. It is all Israeli land won fair and square in war, like most land on the planet has at one time or another. Israel has biblical and historical claims to the land both. What is the Palestinian claim based on again? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Oak Hill Forum right now

Search the Oak Hill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayette County man charged with Oak Hill rail t... 2 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 43
randy prince is married to arlene but cheats on... 2 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 19
Kara Seaman 2 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 8
black and white kitten at pineknoll (May '11) 5 hr lost cat 12
home wreckers who destroys a mans family 5 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 5
clothing vouchers 6 hr ReinventingtheWheel 4
tiffany tilley (Mar '13) 6 hr Jess 9
•••
•••