Wondering

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 3, 2012
Any body ever sold anything to this place? Is it worth doing? Do they pay up front of after items sale?
Yes

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Jan 5, 2012
They no longer take consigners. They do "buy outs" only now and they only take so many. You have to call and see which days they take them because I think it's only like 2 days a week and you have to get there EARLY.

They give you very little for your stuff. But if you're in that area anyway it's better than nothing.

You could try Kay Bees and Flutterbugs. Kay Bees clothing is much nicer than any of them, in my opinion.
Really

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Jan 5, 2012
They ripped me off BAD. I took 3 prom dresses there - over $1,000 worth. & when i called about getting a check for them about a month later they said they hadn't been sold & I could come pick em up. I went later that SAME day & they said they had been donated to goodwill. I flipped out. Went to Goodwill & sure enough, no prom dresses had been taken there. They sold em & kept all the money. I would never do business with them again. Think the girl running the place was arrested for embezzlement as well. That was probably her scam.
Yes

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Jan 5, 2012
When I consigned there I had my suspicions...

I will say this tho: The last time I was in there was back in the summer and I've seen better looking clothes hanging at the Oak Hill Goodwill.
Would like to know

Beckley, WV

#5 Jan 12, 2012
Where is Kay Bees and Flutterbugs?

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Jan 12, 2012
What is blue roo , Kay Bees & Flutterbugs? never heard of them where they located at and what do the do is it like a goodwill or something?
Lmr

United States

#7 Jan 13, 2012
There is a very nice consignment shop at Doves Outlet called Nearly New. I took a lot of my baby girls things there last year. Like a $200 Chicco carseat & name brand clothes. She always has pretty good stuff in there. She doesn't take anything that doesn't look new. I had a couple outfits with small stains on em, like a drop of formula & she wouldn't use em.

Level 1

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Jan 13, 2012
now where's there blue roo at?
Lisa

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2012
It's In beckley beside Ollie's. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Level 1

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Jan 13, 2012
Oh, thanks...Im gonna check it out,
Yes

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Jan 14, 2012
OakHillMama, those places are consignment shops. Consignment shops sell your gently used clothing or household goods and split the proceeds with you. It is a for profit business owned by individuals.
Blue Roo is as Lisa said beside Ollies. It is all the way down and the very last shop in that row of stores.
Flutterbugs is beside King Tutt's drive in.
Kaybees in across the street from Ramey's Mitsubishi lot. It is in the building that used to be the French Hen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fayette man convicted in murder trial 7 hr fam 1
Gary Jennings 8 hr Defeater 4
Courtney shepherd 8 hr I had sex with her 5
Lori jasper 8 hr TJZ 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 10 hr UTrashy 1,481
Ace Whitewater Rafting Racist 11 hr out of towner 38
Tabby Cox Is Now Clean. 12 hr Doc 13

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance