Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#85 Mar 28, 2013
Still just can't seem to answer that one simple question.

Does the bible contradict itself?

SIMPLE.

Happy Easter <wink>
Culture Warrior

Beckley, WV

#86 Mar 28, 2013
"ring.....ring....ring... ."
"Hello, you have reached the Culture Warrior, we are too busy to prove we're a big homophob by using biblical quotes today. We might be able to help if you want biblical quotes to prove slavery is kewl. Please leave a message after the beep"

-simple-
Your Hukleberry

Charleston, WV

#87 Mar 28, 2013
Summerlee wrote:
Still just can't seem to answer that one simple question.
SIMPLE.
Happy Easter <wink>
I'll simply answer your question Summerlee, "NO"
I peacefully welcome you to PROVE that it does.
Culture Warrior

Beckley, WV

#88 Mar 28, 2013
Wow - I,ve seldom met a no. Usually 'don't take it too literal'.
There are many more of these but I tire easily. Here are just a few more.

How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
(a) By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
(b) His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
(a) By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
(b) On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided
to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus; daughter already dead?
(a) Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying,My daughter has
just died.
(b) No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying,My little daughter is
at the point of death.

Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
(a) Yes(Mark6:8)
(b) No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
(a) Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
(b) No (Luke 9:9)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?
(a) Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
(b) No (John 1:32,33)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?
(a) Yes (John 1:32, 33)
(b) No (Matthew 11:2)

The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at
once?
(a) Yes.(Matthew 21:19)
(b) No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)

Did Judas kiss Jesus?
(a) Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
(b) No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John
18:3-12)

Did Jesus bear his own cross?
(a) Yes (John 19:17)
(b) No (Matthew 27:31-32)

Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?
(a) Yes(Matthew27:50-5 1;MarklS:37-38)
(b) No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice,
said,Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And
having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)

Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?
(a) On the cross (Mark 15:23)
(b) In Pilates court (John 19:14)

The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did
both thieves mock Jesus?
(a) Yes (Mark 15:32)
(b) No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)

Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?
(a) Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will
be with me in Paradise;ť(Luke 23:43)
(b) No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later,;I have not
yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice.
Did those who were with him hear the voice?
(a) Yes(Acts9:7)
(b) No(Acts22:9)

When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling
companions also fall to the ground?
(a) Yes (Acts 26:14)
(b) No (Acts 9:7)

Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to
be?
(a) Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
(b) No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and
there he will be told what he must do.(Acts9:7;22: 10)

How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?
(a) Seventy souls (Genesis 4&27)
(b) Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)

How did Judas die?
(a) After he threw the money into the temple he went away and hanged
himself (Matthew 27:5)
(b) After he bought the field with the price of his evil deed he fell
headlong and burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out
(Acts 1:18)

I have about 5 more pages -- need more?
fkboktohktokhto

Beckley, WV

#89 Mar 28, 2013
but where do the boy scouts come in on all this lol
kind of got off the topic didn't we?
upearly

Weston, WV

#90 Mar 28, 2013
Your Huckleberry, This is the tactic that summerlee is trying to use.....

http://www.vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules....

This person cannot win this argument, and by asking questions from a quiz book, goading you into answering questions learned in Sunday school is pointless. This person can't prove the Bible is contradictory, even though it's the most scrutinized book in history. This person has no knowledge of historical languages,or ancient cultures. For a book written by forty different authors, on three different continents, in three different languages over 1,600 years with one central storyline, it should have been proved false by now.
bob

Oak Hill, WV

#91 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
This person cannot win this argument, and by asking questions from a quiz book, goading you into answering questions learned in Sunday school is pointless. This person can't prove the Bible is contradictory, even though it's the most scrutinized book in history. This person has no knowledge of historical languages,or ancient cultures. For a book written by forty different authors, on three different continents, in three different languages over 1,600 years with one central storyline, it should have been proved false by now.
It seems to me like summerlee has already showed biblical inconsistencies multiple times and in multiple ways. You appear to always be shucking and jiving your way around all the legit questions asked. Always finding some excuse. But I guess this time you did answer - you see zero inconsistencies in the bible. I have my bible out and I've looked at the passages summerlee used.

I guess we have differnt bibles.
bob

Oak Hill, WV

#92 Mar 28, 2013
fkboktohktokhto wrote:
but where do the boy scouts come in on all this lol
kind of got off the topic didn't we?
I have been reading this for some time now. They got off topic when the idea of should gays be openly admitted to the scouts was argued in the negative from the person upearly by using biblical quotes.

The poster summerlee asked did upearly really want a culture war over that and then posted why maybe the bible was not the ultimate source and last word on that subject.

I guess in a way it was on topic after all.
USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#93 Mar 28, 2013
I don't care what the bible says either way about gays. My reasoning is the reason there is males and females is so they can bare children. When humanity evolves into where two men or two women can conceive without some help of medical procedures I believe it is not natural, disgusting, and against natural order of humanity. So that has nothing to do with the bible that is just flat our nature. Men where designed by nature to be with women and it is just a messed up mind that would draw two of the same sex together.
Your Hukleberry

Charleston, WV

#94 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
Don't worry, I have seen there kind before.'SAD'
I'll not cast my pearl before swine.
As far as the homosexuals of the world go whether it be the scouts, military or just another Adam and Steve holding hands walking up and down the street protesting for gay rights, Being QUEER is an Abomination in GODS eyes. For the nonbelievers if you don't believe in GOD or his word I guess in your eye's it OK and you have nothing to worry about.
Good Luck with that.
Lol

Chicago, IL

#95 Mar 28, 2013
You need to actually read the bible and understand it instead of typing in ways to try to prove the bible wrong in the search box on google and getting someones else's dumb answers I know your answer already u read it 100 times, your family owns a church, your dads a preacher usually the typical answers but Matthew mark Luke and John all walked with Jesus seen the same things but documented it different if u put 12 ppl together to follow somebody different things would touch are hearts different some things we would but before other if we went to a gun show and you like guns u will express that more than the mall I'd like to set down with you and teach you so you don't look so foolish Jesus carried his cross until Simon helped him paradise wasn't where god is Jesus went to let all that died before him out of paradise and let them enter heaven because they was then bought by the blood of the special lamb god was in heaven ill prove the other things to be wrong also if you want so get ur facts right before bashing my Savior on topix don't believe in God that's fine he is still real and so is hell don't believe in hell that's fine it's still real and you are on the right path to find it I am sorry but you are wrong my friend
akw-

AOL

#96 Mar 28, 2013
if a person was black and gay,could you keep him out of the boy scouts too?
max

Beckley, WV

#97 Mar 28, 2013
"...The commission of biblical scholars, an advisory body to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, met at the Vatican from May 2 to May 6 to continue discussions about “Inspiration and Truth in the Bible”.

In his message, the Pope said clearer explanations about the Catholic position on the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible were important because some people seem to treat the Scriptures simply as literature while others believe that each line was dictated by the Holy Spirit and is literally true. Neither position is Catholic, the Pope said…"

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2011/05/...
max

Beckley, WV

#98 Mar 28, 2013
MrMess01 wrote:
If you go to the WV sex offender registry you will find over 99 percent of the molesters are straight men doing things to little girls.
The whole scout camp is worthless, Now that it is jamboree time, WHERE EXACTLY ARE ALL THE NEW BUSINESS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING ROFL, NOT 1, NOT EVEN 1 NEW BUSINESS BUT THEY STILL GET FREE COUNTY TAXES WHAT A SCAM
I agree on the thought about where are all the jobs. I imagine most of the Boy Scout jobs will be volunteer just like Justice does up at the Greenbrier for the tournaments. It has always seemed to me that these volunteers were taking working peoples wages away from them.

Who's child will you take bread away from volunteers?
bendrinking

Mount Hope, WV

#99 Mar 28, 2013
all i knw is ! who in hell thinks its ok for a queer to teach some boys how to rub 2 sticks together ?
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

#100 Mar 28, 2013
max wrote:
"...The commission of biblical scholars, an advisory body to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, met at the Vatican from May 2 to May 6 to continue discussions about “Inspiration and Truth in the Bible”.
In his message, the Pope said clearer explanations about the Catholic position on the divine inspiration and truth of the Bible were important because some people seem to treat the Scriptures simply as literature while others believe that each line was dictated by the Holy Spirit and is literally true. Neither position is Catholic, the Pope said…"
The Catholic position is exactly that,'a position',or an 'interpretation'. Mostly we hear,no it means this,no it means that,no it means something else. Take a sentence from any book and people can and will interpret it in many different ways. o
JOBS

Beckley, WV

#101 Mar 29, 2013
max wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the thought about where are all the jobs. I imagine most of the Boy Scout jobs will be volunteer just like Justice does up at the Greenbrier for the tournaments. It has always seemed to me that these volunteers were taking working peoples wages away from them.
Who's child will you take bread away from volunteers?
Exactly - why do they only want volunteers. Is it about time the unemployed picket outside the boy scout camp and demand the volunteers not cross the picket line?
JOBS

Beckley, WV

#102 Mar 29, 2013
I mean, hey you older retired people, I know you are bored with nothing to do but how will these young people every find work if you keep giving it away for free?
Atlanta

Beckley, WV

#103 Mar 29, 2013
max wrote:
Often the term Biblical literalism is used as a pejorative to describe or ridicule the interpretative approaches of fundamentalist or evangelical Christians.[7][8][9] A 2011 Gallup survey reports, "Three in 10 Americans interpret the Bible literally, saying it is the actual word of God. That is similar to what Gallup has measured over the last two decades, but down from the 1970s and 1980s. A 49% plurality of Americans say the Bible is the inspired word of God but that it should not be taken literally, consistently the most common view in Gallup's nearly 40-year history of this question. Another 17% consider the Bible an ancient book of stories recorded by man."[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_literal...
fkboktohktokhto

Beckley, WV

#104 Mar 29, 2013
bendrinking wrote:
all i knw is ! who in hell thinks its ok for a queer to teach some boys how to rub 2 sticks together ?
well that is kinda a gay thing lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 min Yes it is me 58,015
annexation of oak hill and minden 22 min Curious Citizen 17
collins middle school foot all team 1 hr Parent 12
Cheryl Gray 1 hr SCSA 10
last post wins! (Jan '11) 1 hr Bug Holler 959
Word of the Day (Mar '12) 2 hr aka Deja Blue 1,048
Monica 3 hr Faith1981 9
•••
•••
Oak Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••