Clueless

Beckley, WV

#64 Mar 27, 2013
Summerlee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh - and I keep forgetting you always seem to skirt around the original issue -
DOES THE BIBLE HAVE LITERAL CONTRADICTIONS IN IT ?????
IF NO -- How can you explain the 2 posts I provided. Sure say they were -- stolen, plagiarized, words from the Devil --- YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BIBLE --- LOOK A FEW UP and then --
Tell me which ones are wrong? Or you can't because (hypocrisy, stolen, dumb, Bible is a book, Bible uses others words, detest religion).
ONLY QUESTION HERE -- LOOK EM UP -- ARE THEY A LIE !!!!!!!!!
N A I L E D Y A D I D N ' T I !!!!!!
Ohhhh - and I keep forgetting you always seem to skirt around the original issue -
IF NO -- How can you explain the 2 posts I provided. Sure say they were -- stolen, plagiarized, words from the Devil --- YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BIBLE --- LOOK A FEW UP and then --
Tell me which ones are wrong? Or you can't because (hypocrisy, stolen, dumb, Bible is a book, Bible uses others words, detest religion).

N A I L E D-- Y A -- D I D N ' T --I--!!!!!!
Clueless

Beckley, WV

#65 Mar 27, 2013
Helen wrote:
Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."
Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"
1 Peter 2:18
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."
Col 3:22
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord."
Eph 6:5
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11
So slavery is cool in the bible?
Answer

Beckley, WV

#66 Mar 27, 2013
Summerlee wrote:
Do you want to be a culture warrior -upearly-
Who killed Goliath?
(a) David (I Samuel 17:23, 50)
(b) Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19)
Who killed Saul?
(a) Saul took his own sword and fell upon it.... Thus Saul
died...(I Samuel 31:4-6)
(b) An Amalekite slew him (2 Samuel 1:1- 16)
How many disciples did Jesus appear to after his resurrection?
(a) Twelve (I Corinthians 15:5)
(b) Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts 1:9-26, see also Matthew 28:16; Mark
16:14 footnote; Luke 24:9; Luke 24:3 3)
Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?
(a) After his baptism, &#128;&#156;the spirit immediately drove him out
into the wilderness. And he was in the wilderness forty days ...(Mark
1:12-13)
(b) Next day after the baptism, Jesus selected two disciples. Second
day: Jesus went to Galilee - two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at
a wedding feast in Cana in Galilee (see John 1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11)
Was baby Jesus&#128;&#153; life threatened in Jerusalem?
(a) Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and stayed there until Herod
died (Matthew 2:13 23)
(b) No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child at the
Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned to Galilee
(Luke 2:21-40)
When Jesus walked on water how did the disciples respond?
(a) They worshipped him, saying, Truly you are the Son of
God&#128;(Matthew 14:33)
(b) They were utterly astounded, for they did not understand
about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened (Mark 6:51-52)
In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed to avoid the cross, how many
times did he move away from his disciples to pray?
(a) Three (Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42)
(b) One. No opening is left for another two times.(Luke 22:39-46)
Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went away and prayed three times. What
were the words of the second prayer?
(a) Mark does not give the words but he says that the words were the
same as the first prayer (Mark 14:3 9)
(b) Matthew gives us the words, and we can see that they are not the
same as in the first (Matthew 26:42)
What did the centurion say when Jesus dies?
(a)Certainly this man was innocent (Luke 23:47)
(b) &#128;&#156;Truly this man was the Son of God&#128;(Mark 15:39)
According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he
died?
(a) Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!&#128;(Luke
23:46)
(b) "It is finished" (John 19:30).
When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed the slave of a centurion. Did the
centurion come personally to request Jesus for this?
(a) Yes (Matthew 8:5)
(b) No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his friends (Luke 7:3,6)
Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven?
(a) No (John 3:13)
(b) Yes. &#128;&#156;And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven
(2 Kings 2:11)
Who was high priest when David went into the house of God and ate the
consecrated bread?
(a) Abiathar (Mark 2:26)
(b) Ahimelech, the father of Abiathar (I Samuel 1:1; 22:20)
Did anyone tell the women what happened to Jesus&#128;&#153; body?
(a) Yes. &#128;&#156;A young man in a white robe&#128;(Mark 16:5).
Two men ... in dazzling apparel&#128; later described as
angels (Luke 24:4 and 24:23). An angel - the one who rolled back the
stone (Matthew 16:2). In each case the women were told that Jesus had
risen from the dead (Matthew 28:7; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:5 footnote)
(b) No. Mary met no one and returned saying, They have taken
the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid
him&#128;(John 20:2)
What was the question again?
Answer

Beckley, WV

#67 Mar 27, 2013
Summerlee wrote:
There are many more of these but I tire easily. Here are just a few more.
How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
(a) By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
(b) His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
(a) By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
(b) On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided
to go to Galilee (John 1:43)
When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus&#128;&#153; daughter already dead?
(a) Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, &#128;&#156;My daughter has
just died.
(b) No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, &#128;&#156;My little daughter is
at the point of death.
Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
(a) Yes(Mark6:8)
(b) No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
(a) Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
(b) No (Luke 9:9)
Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?
(a) Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
(b) No (John 1:32,33)
Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?
(a) Yes (John 1:32, 33)
(b) No (Matthew 11:2)
The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at
once?
(a) Yes.(Matthew 21:19)
(b) No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)
Did Judas kiss Jesus?
(a) Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
(b) No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John
18:3-12)
Did Jesus bear his own cross?
(a) Yes (John 19:17)
(b) No (Matthew 27:31-32)
Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?
(a) Yes(Matthew27:50-5 1;MarklS:37-38)
(b) No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice,
said, &#128;&#156;Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!&#128; And
having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)
Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?
(a) On the cross (Mark 15:23)
(b) In Pilate&#128;&#153;s court (John 19:14)
The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did
both thieves mock Jesus?
(a) Yes (Mark 15:32)
(b) No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)
Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?
(a) Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will
be with me in Paradise&#128;(Luke 23:43)
(b) No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, &#128;&#156;I have not
yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)
When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice.
Did those who were with him hear the voice?
(a) Yes(Acts9:7)
(b) No(Acts22:9)
When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling
companions also fall to the ground?
(a) Yes (Acts 26:14)
(b) No (Acts 9:7)
Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to
be?
(a) Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
(b) No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and
there he will be told what he must do.(Acts9:7;22: 10)
How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?
(a) Seventy souls (Genesis 4&27)
(b) Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)
How did Judas die?
(a) After he threw the money into the temple he went away and hanged
himself (Matthew 27:5)
(b) After he bought the field with the price of his evil deed he fell
headlong and burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out
(Acts 1:18)
No joking - what was the question again?
Answer

Beckley, WV

#68 Mar 27, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
N A I L E D-- Y A -- D I D N ' T --I--!!!!!!
Ohhh NOW I SEE THE QUESTION ??

It was never answered was it?
USMC DAVE

Hansford, WV

#69 Mar 27, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>So slavery is cool in the bible?
Somebody had to work. We have slaves now. It's called poverty. They line up like androids to vote for the democrats.
Joe

Beckley, WV

#70 Mar 27, 2013
Summerlee wrote:
<quoted text>
You lil boys are so cute when you get mad. You totally ignore the post where we show Biblical Contradictions (The Word of God Conflicts so how do you know what's true). Therefore using the Bible as a defense against those big mean gay people that frighten you is a bit funny. Go ahead ignore the elephant in the room. Ohhh weak try at plagiarism, look up Creative Commons.
You think you are a majority LOL. Just as an example - I'm not gay myself, not that's important, but it just shows there are many of us White Knights who are willing to battle evil.
You're sick of the 'alternative agenda'-'abhorrent lifestyle'-- too bad, get used to it. We will continue to B%$#@ Slap your ideas down. There is no going back - it's never happened - it's called progress.
As far as you thinking we're -- having temper tantrums, not educated -- I certainly have no trouble in letting the readers decide. Hugs and kisses Big Boy.
Yes - I do see what you mean. Pages of off topic rants, days go by but _still no answer_ about the central question -
Start quoting.
"Ohhhh - and I keep forgetting you always seem to skirt around the original issue -

N A I L E D-- Y A -- D I D N ' T --I--!!!!!! "
Stop quoting.
Seeker of the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#71 Mar 27, 2013
USMC DAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody had to work. We have slaves now. It's called poverty. They line up like androids to vote for the democrats.
Tell us about yourself! How do you compare with these "slaves" who line up to for the Democrats?
Seeker of the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#72 Mar 27, 2013
USMC DAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Please excuse me or omitting the word "vote" in the previous post. It should have read:

Tell us about yourself! How do you compare with these "slaves" who line up to vote for the Democrats?

Thank you.
USMC DAVE

Hansford, WV

#73 Mar 27, 2013
Seeker of the truth wrote:
<quoted text>Please excuse me or omitting the word "vote" in the previous post. It should have read:

Tell us about yourself! How do you compare with these "slaves" who line up to vote for the Democrats?

Thank you.
I don't vote for the idiot democrats anymore because they are not the Democratic Party I used to be a part of.
1 post removed
USMC DAVE

Hansford, WV

#75 Mar 27, 2013
MrMess01 wrote:
If you go to the WV sex offender registry you will find over 99 percent of the molesters are straight men doing things to little girls.
The whole scout camp is worthless, Now that it is jamboree time, WHERE EXACTLY ARE ALL THE NEW BUSINESS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING ROFL, NOT 1, NOT EVEN 1 NEW BUSINESS BUT THEY STILL GET FREE COUNTY TAXES WHAT A SCAM
What in the hell are you talking about? Are you inane or just acting that way? It is the Boy Scout not a new methadone clinic. What do you want? We have restaurants coming out of our ears. Department stores everywhere. Motels, hotels, white water rafting and etc. What businesses do you want? It is a place for Boy Scouts to have a camping jamboree. Go up to Pocahontas Co. where buckskin is and tell me what's up there. A Boy Scout Camp, that's it. It's not rocket science.
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#76 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
The Cathars? The Pope from France you mention, his name was Pope Innocent III. The Cathars were nontrinitarian, and believed in reincarnation among other things. Yes, the Pope wanted to convert them, and the French crown wanted their lands. Do you want the Catholic Church to drop to their knees and apologize you? Move on, it's history.
I noticed ONCE again you ignore the questions. I see why you don't use quotes. You look a little foolish using quotes as you love to hide from main points but try to feel smart providing useless details.

The Cathars? If you knew a bit of history are relevant by -
As you know after the Council of Nicea (about 300 AD), 17 Bishops seemed to side with Arius over the question of the divinity of Jesus. Constantine, who was one of the first Romans to stop killing these Christians said they had better settle this 'trifle'(or he would).

It never was completely settled ... later hundreds of thousands of Cathars (believed Jesus wasn't divine) were finally killed in Southern France with the Albigensian Crusade (almost all children and women too of those beliefs).
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#77 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
Josephus was a Jew, who assumed a Roman Emperor's surname, and defected to become a Roman citizen. He omitted certain accounts of the narrative to accomplish a goal. That said, of course he didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah. You need to study the Jewish Antiquities and Testimonium Flavianum in greater detail, that stuff you read from Amazon is the kindergarten version. I suggest too that you study ancient Greek, Hebrew, and Latin to learn about the term "brother" and how it is implied.
http://www.wordnik.com/words/philia
Once again - no quote, no answer of what I asked and really useless info regurgitated back.
Josephus was really the only contemporary (person that lived anytime near Jesus lifetime) who wrote something about Jesus. Not any other words from all the other people writing about neat things at the time and what did old Joe write ...
Many scholars say nothing - the 2 sentences written about him (Jesus) are almost certainly later forgeries. Therefore - no one near Jesus lifetime wrote a word about him.
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#78 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
I'm detecting a theme here, are you an atheist? Is that why you ae trying so hard to disprove the Bible? Oh my you are a little conspriracy theorist! The Templars, Q source, German School of Study. Lets's throw in the Holy Grail and the Nazis, and you have a liberal wet dream.
http://www.markgoodacre.org/Q/ten.htm
Again - no quote, no answer.
The Knight Templars were important as on Friday the 13th they were all rounded up and tortured. Many of their order initially came from Southern France (Cather territory) and of course during the Crusades they have lived all over the Middle East and controlled Jerusalem, Forts, THE Temple etc. They knew Christian history first hand.

Besides probably wanting all their riches the antipope and French king had heard and found out under torture these warrior monks didn't think Jesus was divine. Killed most of them.

The German Scholars, the Q source are discoveries that took decades of research. Yes, I bet liberals do read all the sources they can before they decide a thing. I know I've spent maybe 20 years reading hundreds of books, gone into the rare book sections of libraries and really wanted to research the bible and Jesus. I also researched other religions. Have you researched ANYTHING?
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#79 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
I've never heard of Krissna. The Egyptian sun god is Ra, and Krishna is a Hindu deity. You need to buy a Mythology book from Amazon before you try to act smart again.
I have even know and understand Pascal's Wager --"Why not believe in God? If you believe and you turn out to be wrong, you haven't lost anything. But if you don't believe and you turn out to be wrong, you lose everything. Isn't believing the safer bet?"

Ohhh my - again no quote and useless trivia. You got me - I typed an s instead of a h so of the 10 or so spellings of Krishna I made a mistake.

Wasn't the question did he or Christ come first and what were their similarities? Could there be a copy cat? The popular Egyptian cult that worshiped raising things from the dead in the Middle East about this time was of course Horus.-

From Wikipedia
"...Early in the 20th century, Gerald Massey argued that there are similarities between the Egyptian god Horus and Jesus.[26] Following those ideas, in the 1940s Alvin Boyd Kuhn suggested that not only Christianity, but Judaism was based on Egyptian concepts, and more recently Tom Harpur (who believes Jesus existed, but his lifestory is fiction) has expressed similar views.[27][28]

Harpur acknowledges Massey and Kuhn as his intellectual predecessors and theologian Stanley E. Porter states that most of Harpur's work is directly based on quoting Massey and Kuhn.[27][28]..."

Really stuck on that one jibe about a book I mentioned aren't you. If I recall it was a re-print of much scholarly work done in the 1920s. Besides going after the fact that you CAN BUY IT on Amazon (as you can buy hundreds of other researchers book, besides the fact on Amazon you can read reviews, summaries and get an idea of where I'm going with what might be in that book ---

-- you never answered the main point - were there books used (as published in the Amazon book) in the different Churches for hundreds of years that were latter voted on - and these were voted down and thrown out of the peoples bible? Do the Dead Sea Scrolls also now prove that at least part of that Amazon book is of course true ...
upearly

Weston, WV

#80 Mar 28, 2013
Summerlee, Are you stupid? Not only have I answered every single question, but disproved them. For the last time, the little book you're instested in is full of unauthentic information. To use terms you can understand.....someone who was an atheist, and hates God, cherry picked this and that until he was satisfied. You keep asking me for answers, I provided you with them. The real question is why you keep asking them over and over. You have some internal dialogue issues you need to take of. I suggest you fall to your knees, and ask God to make it all clear to you. Are you willing to take that challange? What are you afraid of? That God is real and He just may answer you back?
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#81 Mar 28, 2013
upearly wrote:
Summerlee, Are you stupid? Not only have I answered every single question, but disproved them. For the last time, the little book you're instested in is full of unauthentic information. To use terms you can understand.....someone who was an atheist, and hates God, cherry picked this and that until he was satisfied. You keep asking me for answers, I provided you with them. The real question is why you keep asking them over and over. You have some internal dialogue issues you need to take of. I suggest you fall to your knees, and ask God to make it all clear to you. Are you willing to take that challange? What are you afraid of? That God is real and He just may answer you back?
Among the 20 or so questions you refuse to answer (readers just look above at the thread)--

DOES THE BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF?

Simple.
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#82 Mar 28, 2013
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

1 Corinthians 13:11
Summerlee

Beckley, WV

#83 Mar 28, 2013
S---P---A---N---K---E---D
upearly

Weston, WV

#84 Mar 28, 2013
Still harping on Hindu gods and such. I challenge you to read this article. I don't have time to debate you. Besides, I can't debate someone that doesn't have an argument based on facts and research anyway. I don't need to give you quotes, I gave you strong, historical facts. You can research everything I presented and it is historically relevent, backed up by empirical evidence. Maybe, just maybe the Bible is true. Think about it, consider it.

http://www.evidenceforchristianity.org/how-do...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 min Cooterbob 4,390
Brandon Mims (Jan '17) 3 hr fyi 22
last post wins! (Jan '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,923
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,010
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 5,951
Rachael Ward may want to check her man Seth Light 9 hr Lee 8
The Weasel. 10 hr Eugene 17

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance