Chesapeake, OH

#3 Mar 10, 2013
pool guy wrote:
They aren't allowing gays in the troops
good
Pam

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 11, 2013
The big controversy recently is pertaining to the upcoming National Jamboree -- the group Train and Carly Rae Jepsen were scheduled to perform during at the Jamboree, and both acts have cancelled due to the Boy Scouts' policy on gay members.
Beer

White Plains, MD

#5 Mar 11, 2013
Pam wrote:
The big controversy recently is pertaining to the upcoming National Jamboree -- the group Train and Carly Rae Jepsen were scheduled to perform during at the Jamboree, and both acts have cancelled due to the Boy Scouts' policy on gay members.
That's a GOOD thing I agree with the groups that cancelled....gay people shouldn't be allowed ; who in the right mind would let there son be with a guy who's gay ?? That's grose, it doesn't matter if you are a Lezbo or fag. It's grose and should be against the law..; it's bad enough that they let them work in public
1 post removed
Umm

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Mar 11, 2013
Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a GOOD thing I agree with the groups that cancelled....gay people shouldn't be allowed ; who in the right mind would let there son be with a guy who's gay ?? That's grose, it doesn't matter if you are a Lezbo or fag. It's grose and should be against the law..; it's bad enough that they let them work in public
DUMBASS! How dare you say something of that nature! Just because ur straight does NOT give u the right to bash the lgbt community! I am bi and I didn't choose to be. I've tried praying it away, curbing the urge and attraction, and it didn't work! The attraction is still there, and I can't help it! And neither can many others! Why bash on something that the person can't help? Shouldn't be allowed to work in public? Bullshit! We are people just like everyone else, who have a flaw. Everyone has flaws- big or small that WE CAN'T HELP! So gtfo with ur hatin shit, cuz it's wrong to hate on something somebody can't help.
straight citizen

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Mar 12, 2013
we as a society should not allow our children to come into contact with homosexuals,especially homosexual adults who would be "camping out with the boys".
no deal here.
homosexuals have no place with the boy/girl scouts since both of those orginizations stand on american family values that the homosexual crowd can not replicate since they cannot reproduce themselves,plus many homosexual men who like to place themselves next to boys groups are predators.
we do not need queers (is that a bad word?) near our precious children.
Reality

Bastrop, TX

#9 Mar 12, 2013
If you think the boy scouts would be unsafe for kids if homosexuals were allowed in be sure to stay away from the catholic church.
Bill

Beckley, WV

#10 Mar 12, 2013
Sean Cahill, PhD, and Kenneth T. Jones, MS, Research Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute, reported in their 2004 article "Child Sexual Abuse and Homosexuality," published by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force:

"Because most child molesters are men,(90%), some have argued that 'homosexual' child abuse is widespread and that homosexuals abuse children at a rate higher than their proportion of the general population, which is somewhere around 3 to 8 percent of the population.

Such claims are based on the false belief that men who sexually abuse boys are homosexual. In fact, the overwhelming majority of men who sexually abuse children live their lives as heterosexual men...

In fact, gays and lesbians may be less likely than heterosexuals to sexually abuse children. Two studies that examined the sexual orientation of child molesters found that less than one percent, in one study, and zero percent in the other, were lesbian or gay...

CONCLUSION:
Social science research does not support the claim that gay men and lesbians are more likely, or even as likely, than straight men or women to sexually abuse children. Child sexual abuse has little to do with sexual orientation."

http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php...
Mostly Sunny

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Mar 12, 2013
Following the logic of some of the anti-posters here, then shouldn't all men be segregated away from all women unless they are married to each other? With all straight men's intense and uncontrollable sexual urges, all women should be living in constant fear that they may be sexually violated at any moment. Since probably over 95% of men are heterosexual, then it seems that we should have about 95 times more concern about women being sexually abused than males being abused.
up early

Weston, WV

#12 Mar 12, 2013
It is true that most child molesters are heterosexual men, the statistics don't lie. This current trend- gay, bi, and so forth, is one of the greatest destructions of family values in modern times. They want to infiltrate and brainwash our children with their propaganda under the guise of "tolerance." Who cares If a singer won't perform at the jamboree, I've never heard of her anyway. If the LGBTMNOPQRTUUV or whatever community wants to have a Boy Scout club, by all means go for it. Stay out of the straight kids scouts, they certainly don't want to be in yours. We all have to live on the same planet, but we don't have to agree with each other, so get over yourselves. Start your own organization and go camping.
Like it or not

Hansford, WV

#13 Mar 12, 2013
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>DUMBASS! How dare you say something of that nature! Just because ur straight does NOT give u the right to bash the lgbt community! I am bi and I didn't choose to be. I've tried praying it away, curbing the urge and attraction, and it didn't work! The attraction is still there, and I can't help it! And neither can many others! Why bash on something that the person can't help? Shouldn't be allowed to work in public? Bullshit! We are people just like everyone else, who have a flaw. Everyone has flaws- big or small that WE CAN'T HELP! So gtfo with ur hatin shit, cuz it's wrong to hate on something somebody can't help.
GODS word says that being homosexual is an abomination.
Like it or not

Hansford, WV

#14 Mar 12, 2013
up early wrote:
It is true that most child molesters are heterosexual men, the statistics don't lie. This current trend- gay, bi, and so forth, is one of the greatest destructions of family values in modern times. They want to infiltrate and brainwash our children with their propaganda under the guise of "tolerance." Who cares If a singer won't perform at the jamboree, I've never heard of her anyway. If the LGBTMNOPQRTUUV or whatever community wants to have a Boy Scout club, by all means go for it. Stay out of the straight kids scouts, they certainly don't want to be in yours. We all have to live on the same planet, but we don't have to agree with each other, so get over yourselves. Start your own organization and go camping.
I agree with that idea, Let the straights enjoy their club and let the queers get their own club. Sounds fair
Like it or not

Hansford, WV

#15 Mar 12, 2013
Straights and queers have their own bars so why cant it go for everything else too?
Nobody has to be forced to put up with nothing, everybody would get along then.
Crowded Shorts

Ardsley, NY

#16 Mar 12, 2013
{It's only a matter of time until one of them strike! Just sad, One of the only major group organizations left that provides what appears to be good life lessons and survival skills has to go this route. Obviously queers has been in the BS since the beginning of time but not open about it, now they may openly accept it!!! It's disgusting to think about considering its children that make up the BS and what they may possibly be exposed to in the long run due to having queer leaders!
Crowded Shorts

Ardsley, NY

#17 Mar 12, 2013
I would hope that no parent would send their child out in the woods for days with a known queer leader. Dont you think that queer would like to check out male parts, adults or not?
Hmmm

Pascoag, RI

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Oh, for crying out loud. Do you allow your daughters to have heterosexual male teachers? Orientation is NOT the same thing as predation! Gay males are not on the prowl to seduce your sons!

Re: the Girl Scouts, they do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. I knew lesbian women when I was growing up. I camped with them. They never gave us any reason for concern, and I didn't "catch gay" from them. Please educate yourselves a little!
Dave

Barboursville, WV

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>DUMBASS! How dare you say something of that nature! Just because ur straight does NOT give u the right to bash the lgbt community! I am bi and I didn't choose to be. I've tried praying it away, curbing the urge and attraction, and it didn't work! The attraction is still there, and I can't help it! And neither can many others! Why bash on something that the person can't help? Shouldn't be allowed to work in public? Bullshit! We are people just like everyone else, who have a flaw. Everyone has flaws- big or small that WE CAN'T HELP! So gtfo with ur hatin shit, cuz it's wrong to hate on something somebody can't help.
At least you admit it is a flaw. Most don't. Most make straight people feel like they are weird. Give me a break straight is natural and the only way of reproduction. So the best thing the best thing the gay community can do is start the gay scouts of America or some groups designed for the purpose of making peace with them selves. Don't shove your gayness in my face and make me accept it and I won't shove my belief system in your face. I choose the way I live and I choose to stay away from the gay community and don't patronize anyone that accepts them. That is a right that I have and you can't take that away from me. Live the way you want but leave me and my family and boys alone.
Dave

Barboursville, WV

#20 Mar 13, 2013
Bill wrote:
Sean Cahill, PhD, and Kenneth T. Jones, MS, Research Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute, reported in their 2004 article "Child Sexual Abuse and Homosexuality," published by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force:

"Because most child molesters are men,(90%), some have argued that 'homosexual' child abuse is widespread and that homosexuals abuse children at a rate higher than their proportion of the general population, which is somewhere around 3 to 8 percent of the population.

Such claims are based on the false belief that men who sexually abuse boys are homosexual. In fact, the overwhelming majority of men who sexually abuse children live their lives as heterosexual men...

In fact, gays and lesbians may be less likely than heterosexuals to sexually abuse children. Two studies that examined the sexual orientation of child molesters found that less than one percent, in one study, and zero percent in the other, were lesbian or gay...

CONCLUSION:
Social science research does not support the claim that gay men and lesbians are more likely, or even as likely, than straight men or women to sexually abuse children. Child sexual abuse has little to do with sexual orientation."

http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php...
That is a bunch of bull. It doesn't matter if a man is married to a woman or not he is getting sexual satisfaction out of raping little boys. That is called bisexual and a form of gay rape. I think it is crazy to think that gay men are incapable of molestation of little boys. Look at all the Catholic priests that have molested little boys. Don't even go there with me you bunch of biased idiots. Go live in out in Western California where you can enjoy your sexual perversions and be happy and leave our little boys out of it. We don't need gay professors telling us theories of medical science when it comes to child molestation by gays.
Helen

Beckley, WV

#21 Mar 13, 2013
The Scouts' gave wide discretion to councils to set their own racial policies.

Unsurprisingly, many chapters especially in the segregated South opted not to admit black Scouts. Some troops imposed long waiting periods before letting blacks join, while others allowed black boys to join but prohibited them from wearing uniforms.

(Boy Scout officials in Richmond, Va., once even threatened to stage a public burning of Scout uniforms if black boys were permitted to wear them.)

And while the first black Scout troop was formed in 1911, just a year after the Boy Scouts' founding, it wasn't until decades later that many troops eased their rules on segregation, and not until 1974 when the aforementioned Old Hickory council one of the last segregated Boy Scout councils finally integrated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fake opanas????? (Mar '12) 56 min bacon 50
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 4 hr notBeavis 5,180
Note to Heroin users. 6 hr Angest 4
Star and Richard from Pineknoll 11 hr Hatesnitches 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr Wotan 4,142
Tired of being solicited at or by Walmart. 15 hr Robert 16
The grove ? 22 hr Tera 1

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance