Oak Hill Mayor and City council

Oak Hill Mayor and City council

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Mount Hope, WV

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Did anyone else notice on news watch 4 that the Mayor has no teeth. I guess he could had forgotten to wear them but I doubt it. Seems like with the glorious scouts coming they could had appointed someone that owned a set of teeth.
Why has council not at least tried to hire a new police chief. If the person that ran the street sweeper or runs the sewer plant didn't do their job, that person would be replaced but nooo, for some reason they keep kissing the police chiefs ass.
The city of Oak Hill has a serious crime problem, MURDER 2 SO FAR this year and it is only January, Theft, Drugs,drunks walking around everywhere just like the pill heads.Business and homes being broken into on a daily basis. Look at the mess at CollinWood and Rosedale trailer parks not to mention the crime at PineKnoll as well as the mess on central avenue.
To say Oak Hill city council is lax is a understatement. The boy scouts will never have anything to do with a city like this. For Oak Hill city council to say otherwise is an out right lie.
I would like to truthfully know why council has done nothing and I mean nothing to even try to help the city. A new chief is in order because the one we have is totally ineffective to the point where it should be criminal for him to keep his job. Truthfully whisman, you should be ashamed to even show your face in town, Look what you have caused, look at what your stupid leadership has done to our town. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, just like the stupid, Ignorant Mayor and city council. If council does not like being called these names well then stop doing or not doing all these STUPID, IGNORANT THINGS. Like the nothing you have done so far.
The whole bunch of ya including the city manager have done nothing but manipulate the system for personal gain. Just like the way the city manager got his illegal job. The city charter says no sitting mayor or council member may take the job as city manager for 4 or 6 years after they have left the council or Mayor. Every last one of ya are nothing but a piece of shit!
I am so embarrassed of the fact I am from Oak Hill, If I were in another city and someone asked where I was from, I'd lie and say Fayetteville.
I will never move from Oak Hill but will see to it all of you are removed from office. A vote is a powerful thing.
Teddy Taylor and 6 pak Jack may get drunk every day but that is nothing in compare to what your ineffective leadership inability's have done to this city.The whole damn bunch of ya need to be ashamed to show your face, I feel sorry for your parents and family's! The sad part is there probably proud of ya, ROFL, i GUESS YA CAN'T FIX STUPID!
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#2 Jan 31, 2013
I like Oak Hill. Like most of the people, the parks, decent roads and sidewalks even in winter - the walking trail, the city crew keeps things pretty neat and the cops don't bother people over every nit-picking money making fine. Now maybe the city could do better trying to bring and keep business in the city ...

Instead of saying it feels like I lot of crime I like numbers. I am having trouble finding crime numbers to compare. That might be a problem. The only way people can know a job is being well done is by some measuring stick.

I also read the idea of cameras - a few high up at a few street intersections might be useful and cheap (like England does). If they aren't using the roads bring out the dogs to track em ...

http://www.usa.com/rank/crime-index--rank-of-...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Oak-Hill-West-V...

Oak Hill government finances in 2006 (per resident):
Charges - Sewerage:$1,285,000 ($166.34)
Current Operations - Police Protection:$1,042,000 ($134.89) Regular Highways:$888,000 ($114.95)

Sewerage:$825,000 ($106.80
)
General Public Buildings:$269,000 ($34.82)

Central Staff Services:$239,000 ($30.94)

Local Fire Protection:$212,000 ($27.44)

Parks and Recreation:$136,000 ($17.61)

Financial Administration:$67,000 ($8.67)

Judicial and Legal Services:$49,000 ($6.34)

General - Other:$24,000 ($3.11)
Public Welfare - Other:$2,000 ($0.26)
Water Utilities:$2,000 ($0.26)
General - Interest on Debt:$293,000 ($37.93)
Local Intergovernmental - All Other:$14,000 ($1.81)
Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified Public Purpose:$159,000 ($20.58)
Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits:$225,000 ($29.13) General Revenue, NEC:$70,000 ($9.06)
Interest Earnings:$56,000 ($7.25)
NEW for 2005 - Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose:$5,152,000 ($666.93) Long Term Debt Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose:$4,993,000 ($646.34)
Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage:$26,000 ($3.37) Water Utilities:$18,000 ($2.33)
Other Funds - Cash and Securities:$1,070,000 ($138.51)
Revenue - Water Utilities:$105,000 ($13.59)
Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities:$676,000 ($87.51)
State Intergovernmental - All Other:$63,000 ($8.16) General Local Government Support:$25,000 ($3.24)
Tax - Occupation and Business License, NEC:$1,573,000 ($203.62) Property:$603,000 ($78.06)
Other Selective Sales:$330,000 ($42.72)
Public Utilities Sales:$49,000 ($6.34)
Other License:$39,000 ($5.05)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales:$31,000 ($4.01)
Total Salaries and Wages:$1,497,000 ($193.79)
Water Utilities - Interest on Debt:$39,000 ($5.05)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Oak-Hill-West-V...
Outraged

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Why would you quote figures from 7 years ago? What is there about a figure of 2, as in murders, that you need to go do some comparisons? You are like the others that sit with you head up your a$$! Take a stand for what is RIGHT, not what profits others. Look around. There's only one thing in Oak Hill that motivates any of the government officials! Money! Greed! They only try to lay more rules and regs on things that take away from their little fiefdoms! Layer upon layer of self righteous, greedy bastards and bitches! In fact the bitches seem to outweigh the bastards right now. This town has no one to lead it forward and has been stuck in the doldrums like it was 75 years ago. Good old boys, back slappin', grease my palm, I'll grease yours....I got some grease for all these mothers!
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#4 Jan 31, 2013
LOL -- I quoted data from 7 years (and clearly marked as such), as it was easily obtainable and at least showed a little bit of data on how much was spent on police and how much that came to per person (although of course in real-life it's not divided up that way). If you have any better data bring it on Big Boy.

Now about that figure of 2 murders you think is such an argument winner -- could it be an outlier, a statistical fluke. Some of us know a little bit on how numbers work - just because the year started in Jan., just because there are always peaks and valleys in data means -- YES the 2 murders in proximity in time are definitely something to watch but does not make a trend.

Now don't get me wrong - I would like to see more data on the crimes reported and the crimes solved compared to others. But your 2 murders statistically means squat.
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#5 Jan 31, 2013
As always instead of just being the ever crying lil man, some will try to help on things.

Oak Hill might look into promoting this city as a rest-stop for a few things (drinks, groceries, fuel, hotels and B&Bs) bought for things like --

http://www.nps.gov/neri/planyourvisit/thurmon...

To reach the Minden Trailhead:
Take the Main Street exit (Oak Hill) off U.S. Route 19. If coming south on Route 19, turn left and go 0.2 miles; if coming north on Route 19, turn right and go 0.1 miles. Turn left onto Minden Road and follow this for 2.1 miles. Take a right across a small bridge to the trailhead.

White Oak Walking Trail

(Ace?) river-runners and lake.

Summerville lake

Try to be somewhat of a central hub ....
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Outraged wrote:
Why would you quote figures from 7 years ago? What is there about a figure of 2, as in murders, that you need to go do some comparisons? You are like the others that sit with you head up your a$$! Take a stand for what is RIGHT, not what profits others. Look around. There's only one thing in Oak Hill that motivates any of the government officials! Money! Greed! They only try to lay more rules and regs on things that take away from their little fiefdoms! Layer upon layer of self righteous, greedy bastards and bitches! In fact the bitches seem to outweigh the bastards right now. This town has no one to lead it forward and has been stuck in the doldrums like it was 75 years ago. Good old boys, back slappin', grease my palm, I'll grease yours....I got some grease for all these mothers!
I'm SURE you have plenty of grease - I hear certain sex acts require tons of it. Now IF there really is something being done (palm greasing) you have heard of the whistleblower laws? On many things you'll get 10% of the money if you report them doing illegal stuff and it can be proved.

And of course there is always campaigning for -- office, a policy another person ... but I'm sure complaining on Topix gets better results ;-)
LockNLoad

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Citizens of Oak Hill it is time to LOCKNLOAD,dont waste your time with the City ,County or State police,Make your complaints to the Feds.they will act on your complaints now is the time,in July the Scout Jamboree and the President of US will be here!!
You are right Mr Mess they will not let the Scouts near that little drug infested town you have there,clean it up or sufer the Pain if you dont care about your town why do you expect other people to?
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#8 Jan 31, 2013
It amazes me that people think a local police force can stop drugs. America has been spending billions for a War on Drugs since the early 70's with usage rates and drug costs not really changing much. And the pills are very hardcore stuff.

In 2006 -
Police Protection:$1,042,000 ($134.89) or --$134 per person per year was paid for city police. How much is each person of Oak Hill willing to pay to really beef up the police. Maybe they could have intervened in what was it - two inside rooms where the alleged murders occurred? Maybe paying $30,000 or more per year locking them up for life is where you want your money to go?

Would TRUE education and rehab (plus stiffer laws and better pill data bases) help more ....

And of course this is the only city with a drug problem LOL.
LockNLoad

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Jan 31, 2013
C O A L wrote:
It amazes me that people think a local police force can stop drugs. America has been spending billions for a War on Drugs since the early 70's with usage rates and drug costs not really changing much. And the pills are very hardcore stuff.
In 2006 -
Police Protection:$1,042,000 ($134.89) or --$134 per person per year was paid for city police. How much is each person of Oak Hill willing to pay to really beef up the police. Maybe they could have intervened in what was it - two inside rooms where the alleged murders occurred? Maybe paying $30,000 or more per year locking them up for life is where you want your money to go?
Would TRUE education and rehab (plus stiffer laws and better pill data bases) help more ....
And of course this is the only city with a drug problem LOL.
I could pick apart your post but wont waste my time,I just hope you mean well!Did you just wake up it is 2013,the whole of the US is drug infested,you are right Oak Hill is not the only town,but tell me why the local Police are not responsible to do something about drugs in Oak Hill,WV
Outraged

United States

#10 Jan 31, 2013
C O A L wrote:
LOL -- I quoted data from 7 years (and clearly marked as such), as it was easily obtainable and at least showed a little bit of data on how much was spent on police and how much that came to per person (although of course in real-life it's not divided up that way). If you have any better data bring it on Big Boy.
Now about that figure of 2 murders you think is such an argument winner -- could it be an outlier, a statistical fluke. Some of us know a little bit on how numbers work - just because the year started in Jan., just because there are always peaks and valleys in data means -- YES the 2 murders in proximity in time are definitely something to watch but does not make a trend.
Now don't get me wrong - I would like to see more data on the crimes reported and the crimes solved compared to others. But your 2 murders statistically means squat.
Give me a break! Your lame excuse for figures is typical of the status quo. You're "one of them" in truth. THINK before you post.
Outraged

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2013
C O A L wrote:
LOL -- I quoted data from 7 years (and clearly marked as such), as it was easily obtainable and at least showed a little bit of data on how much was spent on police and how much that came to per person (although of course in real-life it's not divided up that way). If you have any better data bring it on Big Boy.
Now about that figure of 2 murders you think is such an argument winner -- could it be an outlier, a statistical fluke. Some of us know a little bit on how numbers work - just because the year started in Jan., just because there are always peaks and valleys in data means -- YES the 2 murders in proximity in time are definitely something to watch but does not make a trend.
Now don't get me wrong - I would like to see more data on the crimes reported and the crimes solved compared to others. But your 2 murders statistically means squat.
BTW, if it was one of your family or YOU, that statistic of 2 would suddenly have new meaning, huh? Crawl back in your tunnel.
Outraged

United States

#12 Jan 31, 2013
C O A L wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm SURE you have plenty of grease - I hear certain sex acts require tons of it. Now IF there really is something being done (palm greasing) you have heard of the whistleblower laws? On many things you'll get 10% of the money if you report them doing illegal stuff and it can be proved.
And of course there is always campaigning for -- office, a policy another person ... but I'm sure complaining on Topix gets better results ;-)
Have YOU ever blown the whistle? You seem to know how to profit from it, but there's always living with yourself afterward for taking money for doing the right thing. But I'll bet you don't know anything about THAT.
LockNLoad

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Jan 31, 2013
COAL--Where does this (2) come from, dont you read the obituarys,how many drug related death per year in Oak Hill, every day 911 calls of drug overdose in Fayette County,Jan Care busy up and down the road all hours,drugs,mental health calls, Wahe up,jails full ,county broke from paying fo all of this crap,
More than (2) my friend.
Oh maybe the (2) you speak of are the (2) Oak Hill police officers shot last year,thankfully not kiled!
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#14 Jan 31, 2013
LockNLoad wrote:
<quoted text>
I could pick apart your post but wont waste my time,I just hope you mean well!Did you just wake up it is 2013,the whole of the US is drug infested,you are right Oak Hill is not the only town,but tell me why the local Police are not responsible to do something about drugs in Oak Hill,WV
You can pick apart statistics?
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#15 Jan 31, 2013
LockNLoad wrote:
<quoted text>
I could pick apart your post but wont waste my time,I just hope you mean well!Did you just wake up it is 2013,the whole of the US is drug infested,you are right Oak Hill is not the only town,but tell me why the local Police are not responsible to do something about drugs in Oak Hill,WV
So you can pick apart my argument but won't bother. Wait will see if you LIE.
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#16 Jan 31, 2013
LockNLoad wrote:
COAL--Where does this (2) come from, dont you read the obituarys,how many drug related death per year in Oak Hill, every day 911 calls of drug overdose in Fayette County,Jan Care busy up and down the road all hours,drugs,mental health calls, Wahe up,jails full ,county broke from paying fo all of this crap,
More than (2) my friend.
Oh maybe the (2) you speak of are the (2) Oak Hill police officers shot last year,thankfully not kiled!
A LIE -- but took you some time to think of an argument didn't it. Let's see the "2" was important from other post (i.e.see the first post) that there had been 2 murders already this year. Well, not really much of year yet is it.

So tell me in SOME NUMBER some STATISTIC - how many more deaths or 911 calls, or Jan CAre than other small cities near us. Have you heard what's going on in Oceana, Logan, Boone, Welch, Wyoming County people disappearing so tell me some number WHY WE ARE SOOOOOOOOO BAD.
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text> BTW, if it was one of your family or YOU, that statistic of 2 would suddenly have new meaning, huh? Crawl back in your tunnel.
No -- if it one of my family it still wouldn't change the statistical significance. You just don't have the mental capacity to understand things do you. Have you thought about on-line education?
C O A L

Mount Hope, WV

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Sorry but bad little boys deserve a SPANKING when they speak before thinking. Now take your RED ASS home !@!!!!
LockNLoad

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Simmer Down Coal I did not mean to get your panties in a bunch, relax have a beer and smoke a joint,scribble some pictures on a pad and maybe some numbers see if that will make you feel better.
Try getting your head out of your ass and that may help!
Outraged

United States

#20 Jan 31, 2013
LockNLoad wrote:
Simmer Down Coal I did not mean to get your panties in a bunch, relax have a beer and smoke a joint,scribble some pictures on a pad and maybe some numbers see if that will make you feel better.
Try getting your head out of your ass and that may help!
You got that right! In the end, coal just couldn't back their position with reasonable intelligent information and ideas and caved in to their inane, stuipid wha wha temper tantrum. Typical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WOAY Building Haunted 3 hr Anna 1
steven toney 5 hr Lauren 4
WOAY History 5 hr gun owner 17
sam escue 5 hr stephs friend 29
pills 9 hr Albaian god 2
trouble makers 10 hr Diggler 2
the nark of oak hill 13 hr Diggler 8
More from around the web

Oak Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages