Unicorns, Leprechauns, and Facts in D...

Unicorns, Leprechauns, and Facts in Danita Young's Courtroom

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

Podunkville

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Aug 2, 2012
All three of the above are fictitious.
I had the most bizarro experience today in Fay Co Magistrate Court. I wish the proceeding had been recorded because no sane person would believe the fu*kery that transpired there. Long story short, I was not allowed to produce evidence nor was I allowed to request it. I literally begged for documentation (proof) of the allegation and Danita Young waved her hands and completely dismissed the notion. How dare I request for proof! Anyway, when this non-attorney, Cold Water Creek knockoff wearin' fool ruled against me I walked across the hall to file an appeal and was told I would need to pay DOUBLE the amount of the judgment in order to file the appeal. WHAT?????????? Let me get this straight: Let's just say a judgment was issued against me in the amount of $3k and if I want to appeal it I'm told I have to pay $6k to file the appeal to Circuit Court????? Given the fact that rules and common sense are non existent where Danita Young is concerned, it shouldn't surprise me her clerk deals in fantasyland. Below are the rules. The REAL rules. I do not see where TWICE the judgement amount is required. Does anyone else?
RULE 18. APPEAL TO CIRCUIT COURT.
(a) Any party to a final judgment may as a matter of right appeal to circuit court. Notice of appeal shall be filed in magistrate court:
(1) Within 20 days after judgment is entered; or
(2) Within 20 days after the magistrate has denied a motion for a new trial.
(b) The magistrate shall require the appellant to post a bond with good security in a reasonable amount not less than the sum of the judgment and the reasonable court costs of the appeal, upon the condition that such person will satisfy the judgment and any court costs which may be rendered against the appellant on the appeal. The magistrate court clerk or deputy clerk shall collect the bond and the circuit court filing fee at the time the appeal is filed unless the person or entity filing the appeal is permitted to proceed without prepayment. The magistrate court clerk or deputy clerk shall forward any collected bond and fee along with the appropriate documents to the circuit court clerk.
This is a civil case, btw, regarding real estate. As a side note, if you are considering using Jesser Law Firm, Fayette County National Bank and/or Becky Arthur, be warned. They are careless, fraudulent, and negligent. Not to mention Fred Jesser is a pompous a$$hole.

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Aug 3, 2012
Welcome to Fayette county. Bend over and smile.
chris duncan

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 5, 2012
Did i mention that im black?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr inspector tiny Ta... 2,897
Alisha Leffler 2 hr big rich 35
Katie Ellis 4 hr Anony 1
Kevin robbins D1ckf4c3 4 hr curious 31
Mariah prunest 15 hr Sarah 31
Een Woodson 17 hr Curious killed th... 1
Vicki looney keen Mon relly 13

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance