best tattoo shops in fayette county

best tattoo shops in fayette county

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

honest

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Aug 30, 2011
I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo, and I wanna know where the best work is done so I don't regret it or so it doesn't get messed up. help please?:)
spawn

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Aug 30, 2011
Got mine done at thinkin ink in summersville very good and very happy
honest

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2011
spawn wrote:
Got mine done at thinkin ink in summersville very good and very happy
Idk if I wanna drive that far yet, but ill definitely keep it in mind. Thank you.(:
Biggie

Summersville, WV

#4 Aug 31, 2011
Traveling maybe an hour or 2 to a good tattooist shouldn't be an issue considering this is a for LIFE commitment you're making. If you have to go out of your way just a little bit to make sure it's done right, don't hesitate, just do it. You'll be happier and more satisfied with the outcome. That said, I don't know of any good tattooist in Fayette, but I've heard good things about The Smoking Gun in Beckley. Just stay away from Awesome Ink in Beckley. Ogre's tattoos are a joke.
Matt

United States

#5 Aug 31, 2011
There is no good tattoo places in Fayette county and DONT go to Kates in Oak Hill they are way over priced and not all that good. If your gonna get a good tattoo around here your going to have to travel. Smoking Guns in Beckley is probably your best option though Ive heard good things about the place in Summersville. Smoking Guns is about a 30 minute drive if your in Oak Hill trust me you just dont want to go just anywhere.
spawn

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Sep 2, 2011
I know a guy that gets all his work done at smoking gun they do awesome work so I would go there or thinkin ink no where else
honest

Baytown, TX

#7 Sep 2, 2011
My friend got both of her tattoos done at rays in oak hill, so I got my tattoo done there yesterday by warren and he did a fantastic job. The tattoo was a little pricy but he did a really good job. So if any perspective tattoo getters read this, any of these tattoo shops would be great. But he did warn me about ogre at awesome ink and my boyfriends tattoo got messed up by him, so steer clear of that shop. Thanks for all your help, guys. (:
Tilt

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Sep 3, 2011
What kinda tat did u get ? And what kinda Tay was ur bf gettin at awsome ink? I heard he does good work
LOL

AOL

#9 Sep 3, 2011
The place in summersville must suck, looks he has to make a thread to down other shops and try to get business for his, if he is sneaking like that then he is a dishonest person.
honest

Nashville, TN

#10 Sep 3, 2011
Tilt wrote:
What kinda tat did u get ? And what kinda Tay was ur bf gettin at awsome ink? I heard he does good work
I got two butterflies and a dragon fly on my shoulder blade, just the outline in black & my boyfriend got an anchor with a cross in memory of his brother. Mine was a lot simpler than his but while ogre was doing his he would look away and there are a lot of crooked lines and lines that should connect but don't.
honest

Nashville, TN

#11 Sep 3, 2011
LOL wrote:
The place in summersville must suck, looks he has to make a thread to down other shops and try to get business for his, if he is sneaking like that then he is a dishonest person.
Are you talking about me or someone else who posted?
jen

Tarboro, NC

#12 Sep 5, 2011
Drive a short 20minutes to Beckley and get a tattoo by a real artist. I would highly recommend Terry at Forever Yours or Gator at Smoking Guns.
Stacy

Princeton, WV

#13 Sep 6, 2011
Kates is the only place id ever go
jus sayyyyin

Fairmont, WV

#14 Sep 8, 2011
i got my tattoo at ray's and it was definately overpriced. it looked great at first, but even though i applied the ointment to it when needed, my colors faded REALLY badly, and REALLY quickly. i've had it for about 2 years and it looks like its 10 years old, its so faded. maybe you should call them about occasional touch ups to keep it from happening to your tattoo.
girl_gamer

Statts Mills, WV

#15 Sep 8, 2011
I would definately NEVER go to Kate's. She totally botched my tatoo: the design is not what I wanted (nor how it appeared in her sketch) and the ink bled out even after TWO touch-ups. I hear Ray's is ok, but I've seen some horror work from there, too. Smoking Guns definately has the best reputation I've heard. They're also the one's that will be doing the cover-up of my tatoo from Kate's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who misses mikey elmore 2 hr jeannie elmore WE... 13
Backpage WV 5 hr Orphelius Pontiac 10
Samantha Legg, what kind of trouble she in now??? (Apr '13) 11 hr Truthabouther 4
Samantha legg (Jun '13) 11 hr Truthabouther 13
Samantha Legg (Aug '12) 11 hr Truthabouther 76
Nearly New 12 hr Curious one 1
A little something for you 12 hr Yup 32

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages