Massey Energy vs Patriot Coal

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

Mined for both

Charleston, WV

#1 Mar 29, 2013
I worked for Massey Energy for several years but went to work for Patriot Coal right before Alfa bought Massey.
I must say that after being on both sides of the fence I wouldn't mind working for Don Blankenship again at least THEY WERE STRAIGHT FORWARD and you knew were the company stood and pretty much what there next move was "like it or not". At least they did try to keep everybody making a payday.
Even Don was straight up when it come to letting people know that he was greedy and loved being on a power trip, "Bless His Heart".ha ha
I cant get over how when I was hiring in at Patriot how Human Resource Mgr. kept bad mouthing Massey, why I never herd that much slander from Massey's own employees.
Now don't get me wrong we ALL have to feed our families but as far as Patriot Coal or shall I say Eastern/Peabody/Magnum/Arch/Re mington or whatever there name is this week right is right and wrong is wrong.
I am not union and never have been but it IS NOT RIGHT the way they have lurked in the dark shadows like a slithering poisonous snake wanting to ROB RETIREES AND WIDOWS of the pensions and medical coverage that they have earned.
The worst thing about this whole fiasco is if the lawmakers allows this to happen this will be the beginning of a lot of companies reneging on their promises and contracts.
It seems that everything is for the Companies because it's all Politics.
Politicians ARE NOT on the working mans side, and we all need to remember that!

ScrewPatriot

Julian, WV

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Sounds like you worked at Samples. Whole bunch of back stabbing that goes on up there. Good ol' Mark George will tell ya what ya want to hear. Wasnt a bad place back when Arch had it, but Patriot has ruined that place. Was a bunch of good guys and gals up there and they layed em off and ran em off.
1 post removed
Miner2

Charleston, WV

#4 Mar 30, 2013
ScrewPatriot wrote:
Sounds like you worked at Samples. Whole bunch of back stabbing that goes on up there. Good ol' Mark George will tell ya what ya want to hear. Wasnt a bad place back when Arch had it, but Patriot has ruined that place. Was a bunch of good guys and gals up there and they layed em off and ran em off.
You hit the nail on the head brother with Good ol' Mark G.,
any word that comes out of that mouth is NO GOOD!
Miner2

Charleston, WV

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Like I said before, whenever somebody says a prayer before we go underground after the safety meeting with half of the head cheese holding up one hand raised toward the heavens I always keep one eye open to make sure they don't stab me in the back with the other.
Patriot Wkr

Mount Hope, WV

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Was wondering if anybody elses pay has been unusually lower than normal.... and you confront them and they come up with excuses that it "right" when u work the exact same hrs each week????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there a flea market around here? 3 hr watchingyootoo 4
john stephenson???? 4 hr really rotten old... 3
Cathy Stank Barnett 4 hr really rotten old... 15
duncan 5 hr smdh 3
Ricky Simmons 6 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 8
Wife lost 14 kids,sleeping with 98 yeard old man 7 hr DIRTY OLD ROTTEN MAN 2
When will the police crackdown on drugs? 8 hr Wha ever 2
Oak Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web