Plateau Med Ctr. ER
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hotdog

Charleston, WV

#1 May 18, 2008
What does everyone think of the PMC ER and the nurses/dr's?
Ger-bean

United States

#2 May 22, 2008
I had my aunt there a couple months ago and we were treated very well. She was stiched up after a cat scan. They were very thorough.
Local

Morgantown, WV

#3 Jun 26, 2008
I had to take my wife there a few months ago and had a bad experience. The nursed take way to long to help with her pain. The nurse was out chatting with the OH cops and other nurses insted of giving my wife the medication that the doctor ordered. I will not take anyone that I care about back to PMC ER if I have a choice.
brittany

Grundy, VA

#4 Mar 2, 2009
If you want to get in and out in better shape than you were when you got there...you might want to try another hospital. They don't pay attention to your needs and really don't know what they are doing. Lets put it this way...If you go in with a broken arm, they would treat you for a broken leg. They always to to keep you longer just so they can take your money. If you have to go to the ER you need to go to Raleigh General. The drive might be a little longer but atleast they know what they are doing.
just thinkin

Beckley, WV

#5 Mar 3, 2009
I have to say that I had a major heart attack and if it hadn't been for PMC ER then I would be dead. Someone stayed with me the whole time I was there, they did the block buster and the airvacked me to CAMC. I think they are good at what they do. Speaking of RGH, when my dad has his heart attack they left him laying in ER for 3 hours before they did anything for him. Needless to say when they decided to work on him, it was to late. They were the ones that stood around flirting and carrying on with the EMT's and Paramedics.
Just My Opinion

Rocky Mount, NC

#6 May 12, 2009
They tried to kill me, for real!! They would of let me die if it weren't for a surgeon from RGH. They are the worst I've ever seen. I would never go there for anything serious. Maybe a really bad headache, or a stomach bug. I would never EVER take anyone I care for there for something serious. They may not make it out alive!!
ashleyy

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Feb 8, 2011
ur fu**in dumb grow ul if u dnt wanna go dont if u do do why wld u waste ur time om her talking about it? awll what happened did they not give u the pain medicine u "needed" right away? drugy. was u phinen or fienen or however u spell it.?=) dumbas*'s .... much love<3
ksk

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2011
Just My Opinion wrote:
They tried to kill me, for real!! They would of let me die if it weren't for a surgeon from RGH. They are the worst I've ever seen. I would never go there for anything serious. Maybe a really bad headache, or a stomach bug. I would never EVER take anyone I care for there for something serious. They may not make it out alive!!
u need 2 speak with a friend of mine who spent 5mths n CAMC after a out paitent surgery their she almost died
lol

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Feb 9, 2011
My ex husband had sugery there. it was done wrong which caused him to have to have 3 more surgery's. needless to say we went else where after that
Kermit

Bluefield, WV

#10 Feb 9, 2011
just thinkin wrote:
I have to say that I had a major heart attack and if it hadn't been for PMC ER then I would be dead. Someone stayed with me the whole time I was there, they did the block buster and the airvacked me to CAMC. I think they are good at what they do. Speaking of RGH, when my dad has his heart attack they left him laying in ER for 3 hours before they did anything for him. Needless to say when they decided to work on him, it was to late. They were the ones that stood around flirting and carrying on with the EMT's and Paramedics.
Many times the care you receive depends on which physician is working at the time. It sounds like you received top-notch care. Do you remember who the physician was?
l

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Opt surg has nothing to do with the ER idiots and the nurses have nothing to do with WHEN you get your med the dr has to tell them what to give you
cuz

Summersville, WV

#12 Feb 16, 2011
just like any hospital it depends on who is on duty! but if Dr. Love is there you better get the hell out of there or you won't live to see another day. but they do have some good doctors there and good nurses, some are really caring but you have some nurses there that would rather talk about who they hooked up with or the drama they have going on then take care of their patients, and have no business even being in medical care
DZS22334455

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Feb 16, 2011
all i can say is my mom works up there, and is one of the Nurses, I have been up there when the people looking for dope came in the ER. If you are a dope dealer and run out of pills. they aren't going to give you any so you aren't sick. so don't get mad at them for doing their job, plus the more you raise hell when you get up there the longer it will take for them to get you in and looked at, plus other things take into effect when you go up there. so i don't wanna hear bitching plus, do you know whats wrong with you? prob not that is why you are at the Hospital ya know....so let them do their job and quit arguing with them. If you argue...then why aren't you a doctor or what not. Thanks. plus most nurses up there are butt holes, then again most aren't so...Treat them with Respect and things will be more smooth for you once you're up there. Thanks
Yeah

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Feb 16, 2011
Mrs. Barrett is one of the Best Nurses up there, she treated me with Respect and also my friends that have had experiences up there with respect, so if you go up there ask for her, or Mrs Wilson if you're up there at night.
l

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Feb 17, 2011
Dr love is not even an ER dr anymore and hasn't been for a long time so apparently you haven't been there in a long time because the place has really improved
Rob

Beckley, WV

#16 Feb 17, 2011
overall the experiences I've had there have not been good. You can go in there and the nurses will be sitting at the desk texting on there're cell phones, reading magazines, and just chatting it up. Had a family member in there one time and I went up to the desk and asked the girl if he could get a cup of water(she was just sitting there texting) and she acted like I shot her dog!! Just gave me a real mean look and said, "sure". I ended up tell her not to worry about it and I would get it myself.

If you go down to somewhere like CAMC. HUGE difference. The nurses are consistantly moving and you won't see 1 nurse on her cell or anything. Nothing but work.
Annie

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Feb 17, 2011
l wrote:
Dr love is not even an ER dr anymore and hasn't been for a long time so apparently you haven't been there in a long time because the place has really improved
He went from ER doc to treating druggies. LOL
coalgirl

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Feb 17, 2011
Annie...you are the perfect example of the witless offerings of idle tongues. I'm so sick of people running their mouths on here without knowing the facts. Ruining or attempting to discredit others seems to be the only thing people on Topix have to do. What a shame that this is what you have to offer society.
Annie

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Feb 17, 2011
coalgirl wrote:
Annie...you are the perfect example of the witless offerings of idle tongues. I'm so sick of people running their mouths on here without knowing the facts. Ruining or attempting to discredit others seems to be the only thing people on Topix have to do. What a shame that this is what you have to offer society.
What are you blowing him or something? He DID leave the ER to run a suboxone clinic you witless nit. I'll bet your tongue ain't idle; blowgirl.
ashleyy

Mount Hope, WV

#20 Feb 17, 2011
shawn lesher is a very good nurse up there. there are a few bad ones but some like shawn tomara pj and jill are very good and very respectful and sweet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 50 min Princess Hey 5,183
Buy here pay here lots 3 hr Why 1
Drug treatments 14 hr Jackie 1
Tired of being solicited at or by Walmart. 16 hr Andy Anderson 17
fake opanas????? (Mar '12) Sun bacon 50
Note to Heroin users. Sat Angest 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sat Wotan 4,142

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance