Looking for a Contractor & Excavator

Looking for a Contractor & Excavator

Posted in the Oak Hill Forum

Contractor Needed

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Aug 7, 2012
My wife and I are planning to finally build our dream home, but we're not sure who the best contractors are in our area. I have heard a lot of horror stories about some of them so I need your advice on who to call and who to stay away from. Thanks!
BOB

Hansford, WV

#2 Aug 7, 2012
you deff dont want Withrow Construction or Allen Construction
friend

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 7, 2012
How about Delko Services. They do great work.
justsayin

United States

#4 Aug 7, 2012
Usually if a contractor has a waiting list that is a good sign. Ask to see some of their work and talk to past clients.
warning

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Aug 7, 2012
stay clear of greg hurley construction, unless you want to pay twice as much for half the quality. he's been sued by a lot of disappointed clients all over the state that he took major advantage of. he should be ashamed.

i hear bounds construction does an ok job most of the time.
1 post removed
WhatsUp

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Aug 8, 2012
Rick Malay is absolutely fantastic. He is honest, dependable, and does an amazing job. He is so respected that he is covered up with work just from people hearing about him, as he doesn't advertise.
knows for sure

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Aug 11, 2012
dont hire mike allen.he is the biggest crook in oak hill.he has no license,not dependable,lies,very dishonest person.i know this,he beat me out of alot of money.dont you believe anything he says.check him out on here.you will see what people think of that piece of trash.you may not take my advice,if you mess with that low life you'll wish you had listened. good luck
Donald Dunkin

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 12, 2012
I used a service called Contractor Connection to help me find my contractor.

When I told them about my project, they sent me profiles for some of the best contractors in my neighborhood and collected all of the estimates for me.

I had a great experience, so I recommend that you check them out:
http://www.contractor-connect.net

Cheers!
WhatsUp

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Aug 13, 2012
So which contractor did you choose?
joey

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Aug 13, 2012
WhatsUp wrote:
Rick Malay is absolutely fantastic. He is honest, dependable, and does an amazing job. He is so respected that he is covered up with work just from people hearing about him, as he doesn't advertise.
Has Randy Malay built any of the houses out in Thousand Oaks sub? If so, which ones? Some of them are very nice.

Greg Hurley charges a lot and doesn't even follow basic building codes. He doesn't honor his 1 year guarantee either. Anyone out there would be better than him.

Does anyone know why he is allowed to pretend to be a contractor?
Supporter

Summersville, WV

#12 Aug 13, 2012
Mike Gray contracting.
Fact

Elizabeth, WV

#13 Aug 13, 2012
Absolutely do not use Advantage 1. The only contractor I have ever seen that cannot cash a check and only accepts cash. Also poor quality work and what finally gets done starts falling apart in couple of months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 hrs unti Inaguration 4 hr Jack Tomilson 13
Shots fired at Lois lane 4 hr Jack Tomilson 10
Just sayin 6 hr Jack Tomilson 2
drug sales in Rosedale trailer park 6 hr keith 25
Face sitting yum yum 6 hr John Longendorfer 7
JUSTICE FOR JOHNSONS , Gary arrested with murder 16 hr Doug 99
tiffany hicks?? aka roseblock now hahaha 17 hr xXx-lolo-xXx 1

Oak Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance