One dead, another arrested after earl...

One dead, another arrested after early morning Fayette County shooting

There are 18 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Apr 3, 2013, titled One dead, another arrested after early morning Fayette County shooting. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Fayette County Sheriff's deputies were called to the Mountainair Mobile Home Park in Glen Jean shortly before 2 a.m. Wednesday for a shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Todd

Summersville, WV

#2 Apr 4, 2013
oak hill girl wrote:
So sad we will miss him so much we love you gary smith and ill be praying for him family i know the guy that shot him needs to be shot his self how could u do that to someone's family
Does anybody know what exactly happened?
must be

Volga, WV

#3 Apr 4, 2013
that was his family
1 post removed
Tara

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 7, 2013
oak hill girl wrote:
So sad we will miss him so much we love you gary smith and ill be praying for him family i know the guy that shot him needs to be shot his self how could u do that to someone's family
He needs shot because he protected himself? It's a tragedy but Gary chose to attack another man, a family member no less, and he lost his life because of that decision. Things like this are why people need to stop thinking they're invincible and letting their anger control them. A life was lost and quite a few others are permanently changed because of one stupid decision. People in that part of wv are destroying themselves with drugs and alcohol. It's sad and senseless.
stupid idiot

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Apr 7, 2013
Tara I got news for you he was not defending his family.Gary weighed about 145 pounds matt weighed 250 ok all he had to do was smack Gary one time No he chose to go get a gun and shoot him in the back.Wow how is that defending anything MURDER hope they hang him ,They was all drinking so I am family I know Keep your nose out of it
Tara

Charleston, WV

#7 Apr 9, 2013
I'm close family, you can't get much closer. Matthew is a good person. It doesn't matter how much they weighed. Weighing less doesn't make him a wimpy little fly that can be knocked down with one flick. Gary let alcohol control him and he chose to attack another person, he paid the ultimate price for that choice. It's sad but Gary isn't some innocent bystander that happened to get shot for no reason. Matt didn't just go get a gun and shoot the guy in the back.

I get you're hurting and you loved the guy and I'm very sorry for your loss. It is an absolute tragedy but Matt isn't a cold blooded person that just goes around shooting people.
sad

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Well put,Tara.People can justify a lot of things when they are grieving.I think a main point here that I know could be twisted is why was such a supposedly horrible or big tough person invited inside to drink? I think that in itself points to lack of fear.As far as self defense goes,its not the size of the man.Its the fight in the man.Leaving on this note.Any one of us in the right situation would decide its better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.It could have easily went the other way.
people

Allison Park, PA

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Yes Gary has had a bad past but 22 years old is to young for anyone to die over something that crazy and their are two lifes taken one dying and the other in jail because what was supost be a night of what everyone thought was going to be fun changed lifes forever both Gary and Matt has family that who is hurting bad so why come on here and speak bad about either one of them !!! Only God the law and the family knows what happen that night so let these family rest they have a long road a head of them that night will live on forever for them all. It does not matter what anyone was like somebody loves them so have a heart and leave them all alone my thoughts and prayers go out to them all so very sad.
sad

United States

#10 Apr 12, 2013
people wrote:
Yes Gary has had a bad past but 22 years old is to young for anyone to die over something that crazy and their are two lifes taken one dying and the other in jail because what was supost be a night of what everyone thought was going to be fun changed lifes forever both Gary and Matt has family that who is hurting bad so why come on here and speak bad about either one of them !!! Only God the law and the family knows what happen that night so let these family rest they have a long road a head of them that night will live on forever for them all. It does not matter what anyone was like somebody loves them so have a heart and leave them all alone my thoughts and prayers go out to them all so very sad.
As far as I know,everyone that has posted on here has been family.Including myself...and yes Im grieving my own way.
1 post removed
carmella

United States

#12 Apr 13, 2013
Matt is a p**** anyone who has to use a weapon is...I hope he rots in jail lil gary was a good guy!!!
Tara

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 15, 2013
carmella wrote:
Matt is a p**** anyone who has to use a weapon is...I hope he rots in jail lil gary was a good guy!!!
You obviously have no clue what happened or how he ended up getting shot.
smh

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Apr 15, 2013
Takes a pus to use a gun. Real men fight. Gary had kids and a family. Idgaf what was going on....it didnt give that effin fat azz pus a reason to shoot him. I hope he spends the rest his life sitting in jail getting f'd in the azz by every little fag there. He wasnt man enough to fight someone so small hope he gets his and becomes someones hoe.
Marie

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Apr 16, 2013
smh wrote:
Takes a pus to use a gun. Real men fight. Gary had kids and a family. Idgaf what was going on....it didnt give that effin fat azz pus a reason to shoot him. I hope he spends the rest his life sitting in jail getting f'd in the azz by every little fag there. He wasnt man enough to fight someone so small hope he gets his and becomes someones hoe.
again, you have no clue what you are talking about. Real men don't fight unless they have no choice like Matt. It takes an immature person to get drunk and attack someone, especially if he had kids to think about, and Gary did it a LOT. Matt getting his would be payment for his time in jail that he doesn't deserve and a clean slate...so I hope he gets his too. Matt shouldn't be punished because your friend couldn't act like an adult and control his temper. You're hurt I get it but he did it to himself. All of the people bashing Matt are coming across as straight trash. You guys need to step away from the drugs and alcohol and go get jobs so you can be productive members of society instead of scum.
carmella

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2013
You people are stupid it doesnt matter if gary was running his mouth or whatever it still didnt give matt a right to shot him apparently you people have no heart
looking

Beckley, WV

#17 Apr 28, 2013
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>again, you have no clue what you are talking about. Real men don't fight unless they have no choice like Matt. It takes an immature person to get drunk and attack someone, especially if he had kids to think about, and Gary did it a LOT. Matt getting his would be payment for his time in jail that he doesn't deserve and a clean slate...so I hope he gets his too. Matt shouldn't be punished because your friend couldn't act like an adult and control his temper. You're hurt I get it but he did it to himself. All of the people bashing Matt are coming across as straight trash. You guys need to step away from the drugs and alcohol and go get jobs so you can be productive members of society instead of scum.
Lmao! You are an idiot! If roles had been reversed you would be feeling the same way as they do! Your a dumb ass! Fact is, there are now two less drunks and pill head shit talking trash starting fools off the street. One dead one in jail.
aef

Varney, WV

#18 May 1, 2013
carmella wrote:
You people are stupid it doesnt matter if gary was running his mouth or whatever it still didnt give matt a right to shot him apparently you people have no heart
He wasn't just running his mouth genius. He ATTACKED him. Attacking someone is ILLEGAL and he had every right to protect himself. It's called self defense. If someone attacked me and it was my life or theirs, I would choose mine too.
aef

Varney, WV

#19 May 1, 2013
looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! You are an idiot! If roles had been reversed you would be feeling the same way as they do! Your a dumb ass! Fact is, there are now two less drunks and pill head shit talking trash starting fools off the street. One dead one in jail.
No, I really wouldn't. If someone was trying to kill me, I'd protect myself too. I'm not an immature drunk/addict though...maybe you have to be one to be upset with someone for defending themselves against one? You don't get to go around attacking people ALL the time and expect to walk away unscathed every time. When you choose that lifestyle, things like this happen. Gary has a VERY long rap sheet and Matt didn't have one at all.

When calling someone a dumb ass, maybe you should at least spell you're right? Just a suggestion.

Matt isn't a drunk or pill head and it was self defense. Matt is the victim here and being upset with the victim is kinda...well, really stupid. Matt's life has been turned upside down because another man couldn't control himself and use a lesson you learn when you're a small child, which is to keep your hands to yourself.
smh

United States

#20 May 1, 2013
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
again, you have no clue what you are talking about. Real men don't fight unless they have no choice like Matt. It takes an immature person to get drunk and attack someone, especially if he had kids to think about, and Gary did it a LOT. Matt getting his would be payment for his time in jail that he doesn't deserve and a clean slate...so I hope he gets his too. Matt shouldn't be punished because your friend couldn't act like an adult and control his temper. You're hurt I get it but he did it to himself. All of the people bashing Matt are coming across as straight trash. You guys need to step away from the drugs and alcohol and go get jobs so you can be productive members of society instead of scum.
trick i have a real job. And point blank matt was a fat azz he could have just beat gary up. But know instead he was a b*tch and pulled a gun. Real men fight b*tchs pull guns out. Gary had kids that will never know him because of matts sorry azz. He deserves every thing he gets in life. I know ppl in every jail he will get his promise that.
Friend

United States

#21 May 4, 2013
Let him rest in peace u dumbass people nobody deserves to get shot in the back so how is that self defense its not its called being a coward he was going in his home and matt shot him in the fucking back and all u smartasses will get what u deserve for running ur mouthes and only the people that was there know what happened but i do know being shot in the back is not self defense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty Old Man's Sister BUSTED for Child Neglect 2 hr WhatAliar 71
im an owls club woman (Jan '14) 2 hr Hot Woman 8
dominate women 3 hr Mistress 2
News Two men facing animal cruelty charges 3 hr USA R0CKS 83
Create your own Forum 4 hr Weepy 367
Shawn Wolfe 4 hr Not a Fan 1
Travis church 7 hr Ewwww Im scared 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages