Oak hill elementary
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Right um huh

Columbus, OH

#42 Aug 7, 2011
If your kid went from an A to a D in math then they should have never been getting A's in the past. The teachers do not tell them to leave the book at school. Kid aren't challenged anymore mine never brings a book home cause of all you lazy parents who complain if there ever is any homework. Some teachers over there don't challenge the kids at all EASY A'smaybe the problem is you if yur too dumb to help yur kid in elementary math!
WOW

United States

#43 Aug 7, 2011
Oak hill parent wrote:
I would just let my child go to school if several parents who've had children go through the school that if I don't request my child will end up in with all the problem kids or the slow kids! I don't want anything special just for my child to get a fair chance
SO let me get this straight ,you want to request a teacher because you don't want your child in a class with "slow" kids ???? What are you afraid that it will rub off on your child? This kinda of attitude from adults is why are children grow up and act and treat people the way they do! Do you think "slow" children ask to be that way or that they don't deserve a. "Fair " chance at an education ?? They are kids who just need a little extra help getting there!!!!! So before you open your mouth and say IGNORANT things maybe you should put yourself in the "slow" childrens parents shoes..... We want a FAIR chance for our kids too!!!!!
Right um huh

Columbus, OH

#44 Aug 7, 2011
I want my kid to be challenged. I didn't make the rules for oak hill but I know how things r being done. If yur kid is in that class then they won't learn as much and why shouldn't I get to choose my kid's teacher I hear that even the teachers pick who's class their children will be and my kid is just as important as onion else's. I think putting all the slow kids in one class is stupid but I can't change what the school does so I'm trying make the best opportunity for my child. And my comments weren't ignorant- sounds like you don't the real meaning of ignorant- my comments were based on facts- call the school and find out for yourself
LBJ

Wilmington, OH

#45 Aug 7, 2011
WOW wrote:
<quoted text> SO let me get this straight ,you want to request a teacher because you don't want your child in a class with "slow" kids ???? What are you afraid that it will rub off on your child? This kinda of attitude from adults is why are children grow up and act and treat people the way they do! Do you think "slow" children ask to be that way or that they don't deserve a. "Fair " chance at an education ?? They are kids who just need a little extra help getting there!!!!! So before you open your mouth and say IGNORANT things maybe you should put yourself in the "slow" childrens parents shoes..... We want a FAIR chance for our kids too!!!!!
Well said! Couldn't agree more!
Cln

United States

#46 Aug 8, 2011
cali wrote:
<quoted text>
Kindergarten teachers are Rebakah Potter, Ashley Morgan ________?
Kyra Gaines, Lindsey Detty Lester, Marissa Davis Lyons, and
Jackie McGhee.
First grade: Emily Woods, Susan Wisecup, Lori Donley, Ally Elcess
________, and Rose Thomas.
Second grade: Marcia Boggs, Gean Ann Davis, Debbie Morgan, Carol Phillips, and Dena Spriggs.
Third grade: Heidi Birchfield, Andrea Hale, Josie Howard, Sharilyn Leonard, and Maria Bartells.
Fourth grade: Beth McKenzie, Stacey Adkins, Heather Kilgour, Tara Howell, and
Fifth grade: Wendy Smittle, Jamie Ehman, Mary Ann Mullins, a new teacher, and one I can't remember.
beth mckenzie is pre k still
Stephanie

Crooksville, OH

#47 Aug 8, 2011
Stella wrote:
Stop showing your ignorance. If you have something against the school system then go to a board meeting. Most of the teachers there are wonderful and taking better care of the kids than some of the parents around here.
Board metting well heck theres just another group of extended family memebers!
no lost feelings

Salem, OH

#48 Aug 9, 2011
well tip toeing around basketball players is right i know for fact that whitney hale and butler cheated in chemistry last year and nothng was done about it. ohhs is a joke but so is most schools
FYI

Jackson, OH

#49 Aug 9, 2011
You know for a Fact????

How about getting names right and then we can discuss facts and opinions.
been there

Wheaton, IL

#50 Aug 9, 2011
I went to Oak Hill from K-12 and I no longer live there but can tell you that it has always been who ya know as far as that school system goes. The only thing that changes is the last name through the years. As far as "slow kids" and "troubled kids" go, I live in a school system where we are allowed to request a teacher but that wish is not guaranteed. I feel most (speaking for myself and a few others) request a teacher based on their child(shy, outspoken, sensitive, etc.) ad how they will fit with a teacher. Do I feel thats the way to do it maybe not as @ some point they will encounter things that will not be as they wish but I will continue to do so. They do testing every year for kindergarten and based off those test scores they mix the class rooms up so each room is not the same (all smart kids or all slow kids) and I think this is a good idea as kids that are slower do get some 1on1 help during periods where the more advanced dont need it. It gives them all the chance to be in 1 room no matter smart or slow and learn together. And children do not know to "label" anyone unless they hear it @ home.:) My sons 6 and doesnt even raise the issue of a black/white race its all 1. Same with slow, troubled, smart, or mean kids it ALL comes from parents. I know of some good kids there that are labled bad kids bc their parents/cousins were but yet they are entirely different people.. Just sad and Im glad I dont live there anymore.
no lost feelings

Salem, OH

#51 Aug 11, 2011
FYI wrote:
You know for a Fact????
How about getting names right and then we can discuss facts and opinions.
SORRY GOT THE NAMES FYI ITS TAYLOR AND BREIANNA BETTER
Just saying

Jackson, OH

#52 Aug 17, 2011
You really wnt accurate information ask for the list with all the teachers on it they will most likely fit three catergories

Grad from Oak hill, Family in school system or

born and raised in oak hill My friend that does not make you a good teacher. I know someone who applied for 10 years had a 4.0 in college and has taught elsewhere for 17 years with no problms on their record and cant so much as get an interview because she doesnt fit the above catergories. The year I checked out of 133 teachers only 12 didn't fit in the above three catergories. What a shame we have good qualified teachers that live here pay taxes here are good homeowners and put children through the system and still cant get hired.
FYI

Jackson, OH

#53 Aug 17, 2011
And what if you fit all 3? Does that make you a bad teacher?
FYI

Jackson, OH

#54 Aug 17, 2011
I just looked at the list of all employees at Oak Hill Middle/high school on their website. I may be mistaken but 23 out of 52 listed did not fit into any of the categories above. Which means only 29 out of 52 did fit your categories. I may not be very smart but isn't that just a little over 50%. That is pretty good for a small town. Oak Hill is not going to be having teachers from all over the place wanting to come there. They are one of the lower paying districts in the state.

Where did your 133 come from? There are only 107 people listed for both the elementary and the middle/high school and that is teachers, tech people, secretaries, resource officer, and administration. Some of them are even repeated if they have duties at both schools.
Parent

Wilmington, OH

#55 Aug 18, 2011
I would love to know how many teachers we have that are not related too married too or had a parent that taught in the district that have jobs now i may be able to think of a handful but i know many teachers now who had a parent or parents that taught and im pretty sure some of them may need to return to school ...Its Oak Hill who are we fooling its all about who you are (who you parents are) what you last name is , how much money you have the car you drive what you know and who you know it about ....Im almost 30 years old and it has gone on for years unless some of you are going to do something about it and not start a thread on a public forum then hush ...im sure similar things happen in towns all over the world news flash oak hill is a rural community and i hate to say it there aren't many college educated qualified people they can hire for what they pay the teachers in our district They dont wanna pay someone who has taught for years when they can hire someone straight out of college for practically nothing ....I know for a fact one year working at walmart i made more than some of the teachers did so people its not that our students arent getting the education its simply this ......Our curriculum is awful .....entirely too much emphasis is places on sports .....rules and regulations should be more stern .....cellphones cellphones cellphones ...I hate to break t=it to those who had winning sports teams but when your done with high school nobody in the "real World" cares that you played sports or won a championship teach our children to make a difference in our world not to dribble a basketball for most (not all) ball stops after high school but life goes on .......Do we want Oak Hill just to be know as the little hicktown who can play ball or a community who encourages and enriches their youth to be better people ...Put the balls down pick up some books
FYI

Jackson, OH

#56 Aug 19, 2011
Can we not have leaders in academics and sports?

The girls basketball team had the best GPA in the state. The boy valedictorian and salutatorian were both athletes. Why focus on just academics when we can make them well rounded through sports and other extracurricular activities. Why not mention band? They spend as much time if not more than the athletes. Are you going to criticize the band for not focusing on education?
Crazy Charlie

Columbus, OH

#57 Aug 19, 2011
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare the rod , and spoil the child !! I read this in a very famous book somewhere !!!
What Book?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Kathy that hangs out with Tim Boggs at t... (Jan '16) 3 hr Old buddy 6
Sue Adkins 6 hr Hair Lover 20
Jackie dunn behm kkk 8 hr john 2
is tj potts bi? Apr 19 HimTwo 11
Women who don't shave Apr 18 Squirrel 21 7
Josh Blevins and Brittany Laudermilt Apr 17 facts2018 2
Mary Mcneal Apr 15 ButtPlug 4

Oak Hill Jobs

Personal Finance

Oak Hill Mortgages