#21 Jun 14, 2011
I have an opinion on this store, but I might not have felt the need to post it in a forum such as this if it weren't for the ridiculousness of some of the posts here.
The tone of the responses from what clearly is the owner of the store says it all. Instead of taking the feedback and trying to make changes, she feels the need to lash out, name names, and insult people.
I have been into the store a few times, typically to mail packages with pre-paid labels. I expect a store to be open based on the hours it posts. It isn't my fault that I am not always able to find the goods I want locally and some of the suppliers I use send me things via UPS with free shipping and returns(which really means I paid for it in the cost of the goods).
I think we all want to support local businesses. With our own hard earned dollars, I think we will also spend wisely and go to a place where we are treated well, where we are valued as shipping customers, and where true professionalism exists.
Thanks to others for posting about the Pony location. I use the USPS most often when I have a choice. Yes, there is sometimes a wait but I find most of the employees there delightful. And remember, their business is suffering too.
Since there are so many positive comments from Gresham, Oregon perhaps that would be a better location for this business....
#22 Jun 23, 2011
I hired the BEST CPA in the Land who investigated an existing supposedly successful UPS Store with sales of over $300,000.00. We gave careful Due Dilligence and learned there was money being pumped into the business from the owner’s personal bank account to keep the business afloat. There is NO Money to be made in owning a UPS Store. I Promise you!! Watch out for UPS Store Franchise Owners as they will try to hide in their Quick Books showing they are succesful. Don’t Trust it……… They will tell you there is money to be made in printing and other services and that is all a BIG, HUGE, FAT PIPE DREAM!!! I have been an Executive of Retail Businesses for over 25 years and this is ALARMING!!!! There are large companies out there in every city that do printing and other services. They have sales people that call on businesses too…. So, get rid of the PIPE DREAM….. UPS charges FAT Franchise Fees and other Fees, and Fees, and Fees, and Fees. YOU CAN’T MAKE ANY MONEY WITH A UPS STORE!! That is PURE TRUTH!! You will have some Store Owners tell you that you can make money but they are saying it so they can sell their business and not have any bad info out there on the street. So Remember that……
#23 Aug 13, 2011
I went to the Oak Harbor UPS store yesterday after work (a 1/2 hr drive) to send off my iPhone to Apple for a warranty replacement - a 3-day turn around. I had forgotten to copy down the repair ID authorization #, which UPS needs. I asked to use the phone (a local call - my mobile of course was dead) so I could call my office to get the number needed to send it. The UPS staffer, however would not allow me to use their phone, citing a policy against allowing the "public" to use their phone (I would think I would be a "customer"). I had to go next door to the bicycle shop, where the friendly proprietors allowed me to use their phone.
Well, the Apple # wasn't in the UPS system, yet, so I couldn't send it off anyway (not UPS' fault). This morning I called several times after the store was opened to confirm that UPS had the number in their system, but only got the answering machine. It took me a half-hour to get through and confirm it. Then, I was told that the package wouldn't go out today, even though their phone message said that packages go out on Saturday at noon. When I mentioned that, the UPS employee reluctantly said that Apple doesn't pay for Saturday pick up, but that she would do it, anyway.
A long story, but the synopsis is that my experience is that this Store does not go out of its way to be helpful and provide service in a business that is all about service.
#24 Oct 28, 2011
Totally wonderful awesome experience - staff and especially the owner were great. Best conversation and laughs, but most of all exquisite care taken on packaging my most valuable packages. I could not believe the time and detail the staff spent on getting my packages packed with such care and concern. I love these guys!! Listen to experience - when you really care about getting your package there in one piece - bring it to this store. I promise you'll enjoy the experience.
#25 Oct 11, 2012
PLEASE AVOID USING THIS STORE !!! MAKE THE OWNER REGRET HIS/HER EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DRIVE IT OUT OF BUSINESS !!!
1. The store hours are posted as being 9:30 AM, yet I sat in the parking lot waiting for the store to open for 25 minutes before having to leave for an appointment. No one answered the phone when I called to see if perhaps they were in the store but just hadn’t opened the doors. I have no idea when they actually opened for the day… POOR SERVICE!
2. The next day I pulled up to the door (around noon; there was no point in going earlier since I didn’t know when they would actually be open) and saw two people sitting in their chairs. I struggled to get my box in the door, having just had surgery and not being able to lift the box.(The day before I had someone with me to assist me, but since the store did not open at the stated time, I had to go it alone during this visit.) The two employees (one younger man and an overweight older woman) sat there watching me struggle and never moved. I literally kicked the box through the door and to the side while they watched me. I then went back to my car to park while they continued to sit.
3. I then unloaded a 7-day old baby and a toddler and walked them into the store, where I had to kick the box to the counter. Again, the employees sat without even acknowledging me or that I was having a bit of an issue.(Please note that I made arrangements to not have to do this on my own with 2 babies in tow, but due to the store not being open on time, I had to make a second trip.) I then decided that I was on my own since these people clearly had no intention of helping. I picked the box up and put it on the counter and said that I wanted to ship using an account number, where I was rudely told that they didn’t do that. Since I had come this far, I just agreed to pay with a credit card.
4. I was asked by the man what the zip code was. I told him it was on the box since it was out of my line of sight. He didn’t move, so I walked over to the box and proceeded to tell him. I went back to the credit card machine and then he asked the address. I said, it is on the box, but since he was far too lazy to move from his chair, I once again walked back over to the box and read it to him. I just cannot believe that this employee, who could clearly see that I was trying to keep my 2 very small children out of the way, could not be bothered to stand up to read the address that was written on the box RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
5. I asked for a manager to report the issue with the store not opening on time the previous day and the overweight woman came over. She looked at me blankly when I told her about my experience and then said to me that there is only one person there in the morning and if they are late, the store doesn’t open on time, basically saying that it was no big deal. She then proceeded to make up some lame excuses as to why that might be; including that perhaps there was an accident on the road that caused the delay, or maybe a family emergency, or sickness. Are you kidding me?! This is a very small town, we rarely have issues with traffic. Certainly there would be provisions in place to keep the store running should an employee have an emergency, like maybe the manager or owner going in to open the store?! I told her several times that I thought she, as the manager, may want to know. She clearly did not care and did not offer an apology or ask if there was anything they could do to improve their service. From the reviews I read, she may be the owner, which makes it even more appalling.
6. Seriously, please avoid using this store and help shut this place down. I like UPS and appreciate the drivers who do a good job, but this location gives UPS a bad name even though it is technically not part of UPS (it is an individually owned franchise).
Add your comments below
|Island Tinting Oak Harbor (Mar '13)||May 17||ronald||2|
|Jacob Anderson Property: 1398 Crosby Road Oak H...||May 8||Itty Bitty||2|
|Fred House Photography (Apr '09)||May 3||Gladphoto17||4|
|Contractors (Mar '09)||Apr '17||JTy||44|
|Attorney Fraud||Mar '17||Steve Curry||3|
|Jet Noise (Jul '10)||Mar '17||Plockbeam||23|
|Bryants Marina (Jan '08)||Feb '17||Thomas J Ruthafor...||20|
Find what you want!
Search Oak Harbor Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC