Burial ground may be located under Oa...

Burial ground may be located under Oak Harbor's Pioneer Way

There are 1 comment on the Whidbey News-Times story from Jul 2, 2011, titled Burial ground may be located under Oak Harbor's Pioneer Way. In it, Whidbey News-Times reports that:

State experts now believe that the bones found under SE Pioneer Way in Oak Harbor are from at least four Native Americans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whidbey News-Times.

Arliss Naplathanchil

Salem, CT

#1 Jul 2, 2011
With all due respect to Native Americans, why would you want to bury your dead under a road in front of Mike's Mini Mart? Mike is a well known bigotted, short-changing son of a bitch sleaze bag, and if you don't believe me just go grab a Bud Light from the cabinet where he sells the singles, pay for it and then count your change. You will be at least 7 cents short. If you count your change in front of him and then confront him he'll tell you to look on the floor "where you dropped it." Sure enough, there's a nickel and two pennies on the floor down by your feet. Magic? Or foresight? Plus he makes kind of suggestive remarks to my 16-year-old daughter and her friends all the time, though he'd deny it if I brought it up. He's no good. He wears a toupee. He's just some kind of drifter who landed on his feet and got the Mini Mart. No one around here goes there unless they really have to. And why dead Indians would want to be buried there I for one will never know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Oak Harbor Sucks (Feb '17) Sep 30 Thomas J Ruthafor... 5
Jacob Anderson Property: 1398 Crosby Road Oak H... Aug '17 krt 4
Bryants Marina (Jan '08) Aug '17 Joel 21
News McCauley takes job with Jefferson County Jul '17 Jimmy Marsters 3
News Dream Port Townsend retreat asks $2.4 million Jul '17 Denise DiNardo 2
News Donations sought for repairs to tall ship Hawai... Jun '17 Sandor McCluskey 2
News Port Townsend paper mill already below carbon c... (Jan '16) Jun '17 David Eubanks 2

Oak Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Harbor Mortgages