Merchants: One way's the wrong way

Merchants: One way's the wrong way

There are 1 comment on the Whidbey News Times story from Dec 12, 2009, titled Merchants: One way's the wrong way. In it, Whidbey News Times reports that:

A group of downtown businesses, known as the Harborside Merchants, has launched a campaign against the Oak Harbor City Council's vote to transform Pioneer Way into a one-way street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whidbey News Times.

Wyld-1-transplan t

Oak Harbor, WA

#1 Dec 12, 2009
Being a customer of many of the establishments on Pioneer, I find this new City Council ruling disturbing. Pioneer was just shut down last summer in order to replace water pipes. Several smaller businesses had to fold, because people simply did not want to fight the traffic/parking wars! We have signs posted "Don't go, Shop O.H.!", yet we are given no choice, as it is often impossible to find parking down town... Imagine how it will be when the street is completely closed! Call me crazy, but who has an "uncle" with a paving business on the council? Hmmmm, makes me wonder!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Anderson Property: 1398 Crosby Road Oak H... (May '17) Feb '18 Laurie Pfeiffer F... 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Slowik as Mayor? Feb '18 MysticWolf229 1
Do not rent from Churchill & Associates, they a... (Dec '07) Feb '18 MysticWolf229 80
heres the DEAL (Nov '14) Feb '18 Heather Masters-S... 3
Why Oak Harbor Sucks (Feb '17) Feb '18 Heather Masters-S... 9
artist ms charlotte ann meckley (Dec '12) Feb '18 sandy higgins 7
Review: Shannon Marie Byelick Jan '18 SHANNON MARIE BYE... 1

Oak Harbor Jobs

Personal Finance

Oak Harbor Mortgages