Comments
52,461 - 52,480 of 97,090 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#55747 Jun 14, 2012
Sure wrote:
<quoted text> ... Let's let the old boy say his peace, even if he is brain dead!
<.giggle!.> "say his peace"! Ah, hahahahahahahahaha!

What is your native language?_8-)

#55748 Jun 14, 2012
KeelysMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Same MO different day. All talk no substance.
Well done! A great self-evaluation on your part! Stick around! We may be able to teach you something yet!_8-)

#55749 Jun 14, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Dawg, you may think I am stupid but I can assure you that I am not! I know about saving money but I never expected that things would increase in cost at such a rapid rate either. Just because I am retired doesn't mean I wouldn't like to take a vacation. I probably am more thrifty than you ever thot' about being. I don't have a place for a garden, nor do I have a place to hang my clothes out to dry and besides that I couldn't do it anyway. I did invest some money, Dawg, and 1/3 or more vanished and has not recovered. You might just as well dig a hole and put your money in it as to invest it, unless you can take a chance on losing it. You think you have all the answers...... well, you don't! My complaint is about wasteful government spending and sending us to a place where there is no return....... no fixing the problem! Why is that so difficult for people to understand? It just amazes me!...
Lots of things amaze you, "Norton."

You claimed that the SS COLA increases over the past 10 years were very small. Without looking it up, I guessed that the SS COLA increased over that 10-year period by 30%.

Since you failed to look up the actual numbers, I did. Over the past 10 years, the SS COLA increased by 25.3%. Stop spending like the Rapture is coming tomorrow!

(You never did tell us what kind of a TV you have.)

The SS COLA link is below. Do the math:

http://www.ssa.gov/cola/automatic-cola.htm

#55750 Jun 14, 2012
KeelysMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, Kanai cautioned against taking the findings too far, citing many uncertainties about how the correlations they see come about.
“It’s very unlikely that actual political orientation is directly encoded in these brain regions,” he said.“More work is needed to determine how these brain structures mediate the formation of political attitude.”
Didn't read the whole thing huh? Typical-see only the parts that suit your needs.
I have read the study, and the media reports on the study, many times. Over the past couple of years, perhaps 20 times. And linked the study and its discussion in this thread many times.

I will phrase this so you can understand it: in a nutshell, liberals can consider more complex subjects, and conservatives have more fear.

In other words, liberals can think about far more complex subjects than conservatives, probably explaining the reason that conservatives hate changes, dislike education, and yearn to go back to the "good old days."

Conservatives have a greater sense of fear, probably explaining the reason that they resist any changes, which raise the element of fear of the unknown.

“Humor is the best medicine!!”

Since: Oct 09

Show-Me-State

#55751 Jun 14, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the study, and the media reports on the study, many times. Over the past couple of years, perhaps 20 times. And linked the study and its discussion in this thread many times.
I will phrase this so you can understand it: in a nutshell, liberals can consider more complex subjects, and conservatives have more fear.
In other words, liberals can think about far more complex subjects than conservatives, probably explaining the reason that conservatives hate changes, dislike education, and yearn to go back to the "good old days."
Conservatives have a greater sense of fear, probably explaining the reason that they resist any changes, which raise the element of fear of the unknown.
But apparently you didn't read the last two paragraphs. That's ok, it's obvious research is not your strong suit.

Show-Me-State

#55752 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
How many people were in this study?

What age range did they use?

What was the gender split among participants?

My guess is you have no idea or you do know and choose to ignore the sampling characteristics in lieu of making claims that support your own beliefs.

Ahhh tsk, tsk.
The real USA First

Saint Louis, MO

#55753 Jun 15, 2012
KeelysMom wrote:
<quoted text>
But apparently you didn't read the last two paragraphs. That's ok, it's obvious research is not your strong suit.
Please STFU Bath-Salt-DAN!!!!
Sure

Branson, MO

#55754 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
"Sure," better take your meds! You are hallucinating again! I know we upset you greatly because you know that the Grand Old Party will be lucky to even survive the November election. You have been found out!
(Psssssst! I have no daughter. That shows how badly your brain has deteriorated. Seek help before it is too late for you!)
You lie, too! LMAO I know your daughter VERY WELL!!!
Sure

Branson, MO

#55756 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Call in the guys in the white uniforms! Bring a strait jacket! This guy has finally fallen over the edge of reality!
SIT, you little BIOTCH DAWG!!!
Sure

Branson, MO

#55757 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
With money, the Republican National Committee can publish anything they wish.
The US Supreme Court threw the last "birther" case out entirely this week!
And money can force through an unread health care bill.

Show-Me-State

#55758 Jun 15, 2012
The real USA First wrote:
<quoted text>
Peachy
Sure

Branson, MO

#55759 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Again, you draw a conclusion you hope for. The study says conservatives "recognize fear", you DUMBASSocrat! In other words, you are scared, and we recognize that!! And just because you can see complexity, doesn't mean you are intelligent enough to do anything about it because obviously your party has FAILED along with your terrible leader!!
Sure

Branson, MO

#55760 Jun 15, 2012
KeelysMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Peachy
He doesn't have anything to really come back with. That's why he resorts to telling people to shut up! He can't take it anymore...you are beating him!

Show-Me-State

#55761 Jun 15, 2012
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you draw a conclusion you hope for. The study says conservatives "recognize fear", you DUMBASSocrat! In other words, you are scared, and we recognize that!! And just because you can see complexity, doesn't mean you are intelligent enough to do anything about it because obviously your party has FAILED along with your terrible leader!!
He is basing this on insignificant research and probably doesn't know how insignificant it truly is, but you're right he grabs any little snippet he can to support his drivel.
Sure

Branson, MO

#55762 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
With money, the Republican National Committee can publish anything they wish.
The US Supreme Court threw the last "birther" case out entirely this week!
With money, one can attend a $40,000 per plate fund raising dinner for OBOMBhead. The main course...... CROW!!! They want to get accustomed to eating it so come November, the pain of losing won't be so dramatic. Hors d'oeuvres......cheese and crackers served with LOTS of whine!
Austin Harris

Springfield, MO

#55764 Jun 15, 2012
Yellow Dawg shit,why do you insist on putting up pictures of Obamas kids?pretty racist i might add!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#55765 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Lots of things amaze you, "Norton."
You claimed that the SS COLA increases over the past 10 years were very small. Without looking it up, I guessed that the SS COLA increased over that 10-year period by 30%.
Since you failed to look up the actual numbers, I did. Over the past 10 years, the SS COLA increased by 25.3%. Stop spending like the Rapture is coming tomorrow!
(You never did tell us what kind of a TV you have.)
The SS COLA link is below. Do the math:
http://www.ssa.gov/cola/automatic-cola.htm
So what, Dawg, in the end it is a minute increase. Besides, you, being a Liberal.......I think you would make up anything to try and prove your point. I am not buying it! What matters if I have 15 TV's? Maybe they are 20 yrs. old. Doesn't prove anything. I imagine there are lazy people sitting on their behinds that have more than I do. Besides, I am not into material things.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#55766 Jun 15, 2012
Heard the latest? Obomhead wants to easeup on the illegals. Funny........just in time for the election. What will he do next! Does he think we are stupid? Oh, yes, the Congress just sits there and lets him do whatever he wants. He didn't even consult them. He seems to forget for whom he works! He's gonna make a BIG announcement about this shortly.
We need to help get jobs for people that are citizens of the USA first. I don't blame people for wanting to better themselves but I think natives should come first.
Oh, yes, let's just let everybody come in and take us over!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#55767 Jun 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The DAWG that WAGS the TAIL

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#55768 Jun 15, 2012
NOT The real USA First wrote:
<quoted text>
The TAIL that WAGS the DAWG

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 56 min squeezers 1,844
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 2 hr Go Blue Forever 229
Raytown Romeo Back in Action (Dec '09) 10 hr justdontknow 284
Buckner Police Procedures or Lack Of (Jan '12) 13 hr barb 100
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Thu stupid bills for ... 6,930
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Wed i kno 327
crooked merchanic Aug 23 Shanin 1
•••

Flood Warning for Lafayette County was issued at August 29 at 9:44AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Oak Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••