St.Damian (The Hypocratic Parenting S...

St.Damian (The Hypocratic Parenting Schoo)

Posted in the Oak Forest Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Every Year

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 25, 2010
Unbelievable!!! Here we send our children to learn life as Jesus would have lived his. I dont remember the part about Jesus being a bully!!!
How come Year after year the same troubled kids are back, oh I see $$$$$$$$$$
St. Damian will not use any kind of academic or sport suspension at all.
The Money is where its at. If you have a LD/BD,OCD or ADD kid its OK, just make the check payable to Father Money.
We have a kid who was a new arrival last year because he wasnt wanted in his old school,(Prosen knew about this kid and his past)now that St. Damian has the money "They'll Handle it".
You can get on your almighty high horse and preach about how good St. Damian is and that you have never had any issues with bullies..blah blah blah. You probably have a kid that bullies. Try to teach at home the same reason you are sending them to St. Damian. Keep your hands to yourself, be kind to others, help others.But for some reason the school continues to let these troubled kids stay here without any counseling of any kind. Great training grounds for the ten o'clock news interview "He seemed like a nice Catholic boy"!!!!!!
Beatrice

Oak Forest, IL

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Is there a reason that you feel the need to call out kids on a public web site? You do everything but name them, why not just go for it?

I have an idea, if you are this concerned about these "troubled kids"...perhaps you should hold a meeting with your child's teacher or even the principal? Am I correct in assuming you have a child (children?) at this school?

The school is lucky to have such a concerned parent like you.....one that goes on public web sites to air dirty laundry, slam the pastor as well as the faculty. Very Christian of you.

I suppose it is just easier to get on this site and start bashing & trashing (anonymously of course). Bravo!
parent

Midlothian, IL

#3 Sep 27, 2010
True, it is much easier to hide behind a computer screen than to speak face to face like adults. They should meet with the teacher and principal instead of whining on a message board.
So Sad

Forest Park, IL

#4 Sep 27, 2010
People slam the pastor, the principal, both past and present, the faculty, other parents, and now I see we have turned to slamming kids. Who is left to blame? A fine Christian community huh? Guess what...the past is gone...and you can't blame it anymore. Take responsibility. There is a group who is just destroying the school. And if this doesnt turn around and the school clooses, this group will blame everyone else and everyone will say what happened? Please don't blame anyone else but yourselfes and the negativity you bring to St. Damian. My heart is breaking at the way people are behaving and what is happening, and I wish it would all just stop and the adults would model the way and stop passing our responsibility to everyone else.
Beatrice

Oak Forest, IL

#5 Sep 27, 2010
I must be missing something....I myself have no kids at St. Damian....but from what I hear it is wonderful and the education is top notch.

Surely, it has to be light years ahead of the Oak Forest public schools. I have seen what comes out of those school doors for years (we live across a field from one of them). It is not pretty.

Appreciate what you have at St. Damian...the school is still open, church is open. Lose the drama....life has enough with out stirring the pot!
Midlo Parent

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Sep 27, 2010
My young daughters are new to St Damian School this year. Let me say there are some of us that are VERY happy with St Damian even after seeing some flaws.

I am only interested in the education and well being of my children, not being welcomed by the parking lot parents. I have taken on working a second job overnights in order to afford the tuition. I volunteer for everything that is possible that deals with my childrens classrooms. If I had an issue with another child or teacher, I would not hesitate to talk to Mrs. Domke.

I must say, even with the drama that others try to induce, I am still impressed with St Damian School. I do not regret our families sacrifices in order for a better education.

As for being a Christian school with Christian morals, I could care less. My family is taught morality and values at home as I do not rely on anyone else to teach my daughters such important things.

What kind of morality do you have posting such nastiness online? Remember your children are a direct reflection of you. Ask yourself, if what you do is how you would what your child being treated.
Every Year

Dolton, IL

#7 Sep 27, 2010
Thank you for proving my point!!
Beatrice wrote:
Is there a reason that you feel the need to call out kids on a public web site? You do everything but name them, why not just go for it?
I have an idea, if you are this concerned about these "troubled kids"...perhaps you should hold a meeting with your child's teacher or even the principal? Am I correct in assuming you have a child (children?) at this school?
The school is lucky to have such a concerned parent like you.....one that goes on public web sites to air dirty laundry, slam the pastor as well as the faculty. Very Christian of you.
I suppose it is just easier to get on this site and start bashing & trashing (anonymously of course). Bravo!
unbelievable

Blue Island, IL

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Beatrice wrote:
I must be missing something....I myself have no kids at St. Damian....but from what I hear it is wonderful and the education is top notch.
Surely, it has to be light years ahead of the Oak Forest public schools. I have seen what comes out of those school doors for years (we live across a field from one of them). It is not pretty.
Appreciate what you have at St. Damian...the school is still open, church is open. Lose the drama....life has enough with out stirring the pot!
That is a horrible way for an adult to act-calling children "not pretty' just because of they way you perceive them to look. My children attend a Catholic school,not Damian's but I do not look down on other people's children because they attend public schools, nor would I ever teach my children to behave that way. Shame on you. I don't know what I am missing, but my children have friends and we have neighborhood children who attend public schools and they are all beautiful well behaved children.
J C HIMSELF

AOL

#9 Sep 27, 2010
Every Year wrote:
Unbelievable!!! Here we send our children to learn life as Jesus would have lived his. I dont remember the part about Jesus being a bully!!!
How come Year after year the same troubled kids are back, oh I see $$$$$$$$$$
St. Damian will not use any kind of academic or sport suspension at all.
The Money is where its at. If you have a LD/BD,OCD or ADD kid its OK, just make the check payable to Father Money.
We have a kid who was a new arrival last year because he wasnt wanted in his old school,(Prosen knew about this kid and his past)now that St. Damian has the money "They'll Handle it".
You can get on your almighty high horse and preach about how good St. Damian is and that you have never had any issues with bullies..blah blah blah. You probably have a kid that bullies. Try to teach at home the same reason you are sending them to St. Damian. Keep your hands to yourself, be kind to others, help others.But for some reason the school continues to let these troubled kids stay here without any counseling of any kind. Great training grounds for the ten o'clock news interview "He seemed like a nice Catholic boy"!!!!!!
LET ME KNOW WHO IS FORCING YOUR CHILDREN TO ATTEND ST.D's AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM!
OF Long Time Resident

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 28, 2010
must be missing something....I myself have no kids at St. Damian....but from what I hear it is wonderful and the education is top notch.

Surely, it has to be light years ahead of the Oak Forest public schools. I have seen what comes out of those school doors for years (we live across a field from one of them). It is not pretty.

Appreciate what you have at St. Damian...the school is still open, church is open. Lose the drama....life has enough with out stirring the pot!

We all know that the masses arent as good as the people at Damian....there is no need to remind us of our position in life please.
IGOR

United States

#11 Sep 28, 2010
OF Long Time Resident wrote:
must be missing something....I myself have no kids at St. Damian....but from what I hear it is wonderful and the education is top notch.
Surely, it has to be light years ahead of the Oak Forest public schools. I have seen what comes out of those school doors for years (we live across a field from one of them). It is not pretty.
Appreciate what you have at St. Damian...the school is still open, church is open. Lose the drama....life has enough with out stirring the pot!
We all know that the masses arent as good as the people at Damian....there is no need to remind us of our position in life please.
So you're a self proclaimed expert on what graduates from Oak Forest public schools by observing what walks across a field near your house? And what you know about the church is admitted hearsay. Yep, you're right, you're missing something, a whole lot of something.
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 28, 2010
Beatrice wrote:
I must be missing something....I myself have no kids at St. Damian....but from what I hear it is wonderful and the education is top notch.
Surely, it has to be light years ahead of the Oak Forest public schools. I have seen what comes out of those school doors for years (we live across a field from one of them). It is not pretty.
Appreciate what you have at St. Damian...the school is still open, church is open. Lose the drama....life has enough with out stirring the pot!
Uhhh, not so sure you have your facts straight. Find two kids, one from St. Damian's and one from a public school and compare what they are doing.
A Teacher

AOL

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, not so sure you have your facts straight. Find two kids, one from St. Damian's and one from a public school and compare what they are doing.
Compare the classroom, not the students. Judging a book by it's cover NEVER works. The private school has the ability to control the classroom environment. The public school doesn't have the luxury of the level of disipline that the private school can employ!
OF Long Time Resident

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 29, 2010
IGOR.....hey goof if you look that is a quote from another writer on here, my comments are the last few lines.
Next time take the time to read before you write.
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 29, 2010
A Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> Compare the classroom, not the students. Judging a book by it's cover NEVER works. The private school has the ability to control the classroom environment. The public school doesn't have the luxury of the level of disipline that the private school can employ!
I never said compare the students. I said compare the work, they are doing. I disagree with the discipline comment. Maybe a few decades ago, not anymore.
OF Concerned Parent

Oak Forest, IL

#16 Sep 29, 2010
Midlo Parent says: "I have taken on working a second job overnights in order to afford the tuition."
Wow, that seems to be a huge sacrifice. I am just wondering, since you are not sending your kids there for the religious ed, why do you feel it necessary to send your kids there rather than the public school? We are in District 142 (Ridge, Foster, Kerkstra, Hille) and just love all that are schools offer and the staff.
parent

Midlothian, IL

#17 Sep 29, 2010
Some people are not "fortunate" enough to live in good school districts, leaving private school, regardless of religion, as their only other choice.
Midlo Parent

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Sep 30, 2010
OF Concerned Parent wrote:
Midlo Parent says: "I have taken on working a second job overnights in order to afford the tuition."
Wow, that seems to be a huge sacrifice. I am just wondering, since you are not sending your kids there for the religious ed, why do you feel it necessary to send your kids there rather than the public school? We are in District 142 (Ridge, Foster, Kerkstra, Hille) and just love all that are schools offer and the staff.
6 years ago we bought a home in Midlo and I would love to send my children to public schools, but unfortuanltly my husband and I do not feel comfortable with Midlo's schools when researching and visiting schools for Preschool and Kindergarten. We toured St Chris and felt it wasn't as good, on multiple levels, as St Damian.

We live check to check and barely scrape by, BUT we have and always will sacrifice for our children. We have never had day care for our children before they went to school. My husband and I work seperate shifts in order for us to raise our own children. Doing so has meant that a parent has always been at home with the girls, but our time together as a couple is limited and therefore valued. I guess I am saying we have always sacrificed for the kids and so we aren't going to stop now.

For the record, we don't worry about the religious apsect to St Damian because our household is multi-religious. Our children are taught 2 religions until they are old enough to decided for themeselves what they believe.
Midlo Parent

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Sep 30, 2010
parent wrote:
Some people are not "fortunate" enough to live in good school districts, leaving private school, regardless of religion, as their only other choice.
I couldn't agree more.
I agree

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 1, 2010
I don't blame "EVERY YEAR" for making comments on this site. If you complain to the school faculty, administration or fellow parents you will never hear the end of it. Nothing is held in confidence, how can it be when you have your kids friends mom's running the school or working as an aide. That school is run by friends and family. Do you really think that your personal business is not talked about at their dinner table? The aide's are just mom's, 90% of them have no schooling or training, they are high school grads. If you have a child in the younger grades, do me a favor. Tonight, ask your child who yells more, the teacher or the aide? Ask them why the aide yells are when. I think you will be surprised, I know I was. Also, ask them how often the whole class gets punished for the behavior of one student. And how often it's the same student's fault. That's where the parents of your ADD, ADHD students all get their money's worth. They'll never punish them as long as they keep paying their tuition. So you see, I agree Mr. or Mrs. Every year!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Meet Up. ;) (Feb '16) 9 min Troy the true Plu... 2
breaking 10 min BIIP Skit 12
Back door deals 5.0 32 min robo call foia 45
Wasting your time 44 min Corruption 22 1
2017 Alsip Municipal Election (Sep '16) 56 min Unreal 109
You DaDonna people are ridiculous. 57 min PersonWithABrain 1
Review: Public Moving and Storage (Sep '16) 1 hr Catherine Mikell 368

Oak Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Forest Mortgages