Two D142 Students Approached by Strangers

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 16, 2013, titled Two D142 Students Approached by Strangers. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Oak Forest police and District 142 administrators are warning parents and children to be on the lookout for two older, white males who approached female students Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

My guess

Munster, IN

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Is that it was a Patch editor begging anyone they could find on the street to PPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASE like them on Facebook! And tell your friends, because Patch needs to meet its quota of unique visitors each month or the editors don't get paid! Oh, and don't forget to repost your FB comments on the Patch website so they can attract more advertisers!!!!
Kinda Old

Oak Forest, IL

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Dude, patch is seriously flawed and getting worse. Ok we get it, but enough with these posts already. They just make anyone who has a dissenting opinion appear like a lunatic.

Patch needs to improve stat, but I don't want them to disappear. Truth is we need someone covering things in our area, and Patch is the only hope for news at the moment. I think telling the editors directly what changes they should make might be the better path here. The majority of their editors/writers are pretty young, we should push their buttons to follow in the footsteps of the iconic journalists they recently studied about.

I am not telling you to shutup like many others will around here, just letting you know your doing nothing for the cause.
They wont listen

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Patch won't change. They are a money losing arm of AOL. Editors are not journalists, they are web bloggers. They deserve the backlash, since they refuse to even acknowledge dissenters of their business model on the site. They remove any and all posts on the matter, but beg for more and more eyeballs. Garbage in, garbage out.
Any base level journo would go talk to the CoP and get a follow up on this, but they only use the info to generate income, not to help the community. F U Patch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shop Local 4 hr Fact 15
Crumbling BIIP 5 hr The Mayor 58
Let's talk about the condition of our city stre... 5 hr Get It Done 16
Mobile Home For Sale in Timber Ridge Mobile Hom... (Apr '12) 7 hr rigo 4
Mokena Park Commissioner McJimpsy 8 hr Really George 11
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) 9 hr Datruthhurts 29
Now the Library (Jul '14) 10 hr Change is needed 49
More from around the web

Oak Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE