Oak Forest accident sends Jack Hille ...

Oak Forest accident sends Jack Hille Middle School...

There are 21 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Apr 20, 2012, titled Oak Forest accident sends Jack Hille Middle School.... In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A Jack Hille Middle School pupil was hit by a car Friday night and taken to a local hospital, following a school play of "The Music Man," a school official confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 21, 2012
I certainly hope the young person will be ok. I know the feeling of getting hit by a car. I also hope that maybe that "great" School District will now think about hiring a few Police Officers for traffic control when there are things going on. With all the Fundraisers they have I don't think it would Bankrupt them. Seems like they don't have a handle on the Bully situation in that district so maybe they will on other safety matters.
Meanwhile back at HQ

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2012
Chief Wiggum types away, sending out resumes at a furious pace, hoping to beef up his pension credentials and leave the city of oak forest to the thugs, bangers, and child predators. Way to go, Hank and the Alderbums.
38 votes

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2012
Meanwhile back at HQ wrote:
Chief Wiggum types away, sending out resumes at a furious pace, hoping to beef up his pension credentials and leave the city of oak forest to the thugs, bangers, and child predators. Way to go, Hank and the Alderbums.
I guess I can only say prayers for a person who is so low that he tries to politicize a trajedy like this.
Why

Madison, WI

#4 Apr 23, 2012
How is it political to state the obvious? The chief told us last month there is no crime problem in Oak Forest. Since then we've had bank robberies, armed robberies, a near fatal traffic accident, and several different child abduction attempts at our schools. He's been invisible in each and every one of these cases. That's not political. That's factual.
38 votes

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2012
I don't disagree there has been an increase of crime lately. It is unfortunate, but blaming the Chief for an accident is nothing more than political. Politicizing it is not constructive. Just pray for the child who was injurred and forget about your political feelings for a little while. The child needs your prayers, and doesn't need to be the subject of a person who dislikes the police chief. We could have the best chief in the world with a tenure of 25-years, and someone getting hit by a car would not have been prevented if the chief wasn't looking for another job. If you don't understand that, I pray for you as well.
OF Mom

United States

#6 Apr 23, 2012
Why wrote:
How is it political to state the obvious? The chief told us last month there is no crime problem in Oak Forest. Since then we've had bank robberies, armed robberies, a near fatal traffic accident, and several different child abduction attempts at our schools. He's been invisible in each and every one of these cases. That's not political. That's factual.
A young man is fighting for his life. Show some compassion. This is not the time nor the place for this type of post.
of dad

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Apr 23, 2012
if we dont want this to happen again, then we need to figure out a change. so this is a good place to get ideas. i hope something can be done to prevent a repeat. so this is the time and place. post ideas!
Enough

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 25, 2012
Wondering Why1 wrote:
I certainly hope the young person will be ok. I know the feeling of getting hit by a car. I also hope that maybe that "great" School District will now think about hiring a few Police Officers for traffic control when there are things going on. With all the Fundraisers they have I don't think it would Bankrupt them. Seems like they don't have a handle on the Bully situation in that district so maybe they will on other safety matters.
Why should the school pay for police officers? I pay taxes and it's included already. Police are here to serve and protect its a community function the. Police should automatically be there without additional charges. It was not a fundraiser it was a musical the students were performing. About the bully situation they do have a handle on it. The police should have more officers at the evening events.
Enough

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 25, 2012
OF Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
A young man is fighting for his life. Show some compassion. This is not the time nor the place for this type of post.
Yes it is. How many more children have to be hit by a car. Something must be done about the lighting over there, it's no time like the present.
Enough

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 25, 2012
of dad wrote:
if we dont want this to happen again, then we need to figure out a change. so this is a good place to get ideas. i hope something can be done to prevent a repeat. so this is the time and place. post ideas!
How does that saying go.... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Now what do we do if it happens the third time?
Enough

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 25, 2012
38 votes wrote:
I don't disagree there has been an increase of crime lately. It is unfortunate, but blaming the Chief for an accident is nothing more than political. Politicizing it is not constructive. Just pray for the child who was injurred and forget about your political feelings for a little while. The child needs your prayers, and doesn't need to be the subject of a person who dislikes the police chief. We could have the best chief in the world with a tenure of 25-years, and someone getting hit by a car would not have been prevented if the chief wasn't looking for another job. If you don't understand that, I pray for you as well.
Increase in crime, because people are out of jobs, crime is higher, blame Obama.
Youwish

Cedar Lake, IN

#12 Apr 25, 2012
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the school pay for police officers? I pay taxes and it's included already. Police are here to serve and protect its a community function the. Police should automatically be there without additional charges. It was not a fundraiser it was a musical the students were performing. About the bully situation they do have a handle on it. The police should have more officers at the evening events.
I will have to agree with wondering why 1 on the bully situation and them not having a handle on it. When a white student is called a White Mfer by a black student as he is being slapped at, and an authoritive figure is told and they just either walk away or ask the white student, "what did you do to start it"? That my friend means they don't have a handle on it.
enough

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 25, 2012
Youwish wrote:
<quoted text> I will have to agree with wondering why 1 on the bully situation and them not having a handle on it. When a white student is called a White Mfer by a black student as he is being slapped at, and an authoritive figure is told and they just either walk away or ask the white student, "what did you do to start it"? That my friend means they don't have a handle on it.
well we all know you can not blame the blacks for anything it's racial. That's another story in it's self. I understand ok I agree with getting the handle on the bullying. They protect the blacks and the jocks. Always been that way.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 25, 2012
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
well we all know you can not blame the blacks for anything it's racial. That's another story in it's self. I understand ok I agree with getting the handle on the bullying. They protect the blacks and the jocks. Always been that way.
I understand it's always been that way. Trust me but when a child goes home,bangs thier head on the wall wishing they were dead because of a few kids and the Principals are told and it continues, that my friend is when they don't have a handle on things.
whats the response

Midlothian, IL

#15 Apr 25, 2012
What was the response of the school administration when you approached them about your son's problems ww1? That is terrible that a child would feel that way. They did have a seminar at arbor park last week about bullying. The speaker presented to students at arbor and at hille. Didyou happen to attend? Parents need to be very visible in the principal's office and with the administration to see results sometimes. Good luck with the problems that your son is having.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 26, 2012
whats the response wrote:
What was the response of the school administration when you approached them about your son's problems ww1? That is terrible that a child would feel that way. They did have a seminar at arbor park last week about bullying. The speaker presented to students at arbor and at hille. Didyou happen to attend? Parents need to be very visible in the principal's office and with the administration to see results sometimes. Good luck with the problems that your son is having.
At first it was " Oh, gee, Gasp" in my School? Yes, in your School. Oh, well, we take that very seriously. Yeah right! The second time it happened, on the playground, the so called supervisors were huddled in thier group chit chatting, not paying attention. Then he was told, "Well, if you want to stand up for yourself, which you may have to do, I won't say anything". No, they better not. I don't believe in violence because when I was in school, it happened all the time. We all go through that. I finally said, Pop him in the face. Once he sees you mean business, he will leave you alone. Don't want to see it come to that but at the same time, it has to stop. Obviously the Parents aren't notified. I myself would take a zero tolerance on the bully. First time, bye bye you're out. Want a School? Braun is right down the street.
Robby

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 26, 2012
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> At first it was " Oh, gee, Gasp" in my School? Yes, in your School. Oh, well, we take that very seriously. Yeah right! The second time it happened, on the playground, the so called supervisors were huddled in thier group chit chatting, not paying attention. Then he was told, "Well, if you want to stand up for yourself, which you may have to do, I won't say anything". No, they better not. I don't believe in violence because when I was in school, it happened all the time. We all go through that. I finally said, Pop him in the face. Once he sees you mean business, he will leave you alone. Don't want to see it come to that but at the same time, it has to stop. Obviously the Parents aren't notified. I myself would take a zero tolerance on the bully. First time, bye bye you're out. Want a School? Braun is right down the street.
Were those two ladies at the last council meeting the people that work in the District on Bullying and Crossing Issues? They have some large credentials, why don't they know about all these problems? Is it their attempt to get the city to add more police presence about bullying? I thought the school district is its own taxing body, why do they need advice from the City on bullyling?
being real

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 27, 2012
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand it's always been that way. Trust me but when a child goes home,bangs thier head on the wall wishing they were dead because of a few kids and the Principals are told and it continues, that my friend is when they don't have a handle on things.
When I went to school you did not mess with the teachers or students because if you got caught you would be in the world of trouble, it was fear. Kids now a day do not fear anyone. because their parents right or wrong protect their kids. The kids can do something in front of their parents and they will still stick up for their kid. or they laugh about. Parents don't give a care anymore they are busy with their own lives trying to compete with the Jones next door. When they took the religion out of school they took morals along with it. School can only do so much. They talk to the bullies, they give suspensions to them. when they go home after the school notifies the parents, nothing happens to kids. I am so tired of kids bulling other kids. They all had Ryan Halligan Father out to speak to the entire school, that only last one day, and what did they get out of it nothing. They want others who are friends with the bully to speak up, they won't do it, because they are scared it'll be them and I don't blame them. but only if just once there was a strong kid who's popular would just once stick up and speak out to their crowd and say something...I pray for that daily
being real

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 27, 2012
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text> At first it was " Oh, gee, Gasp" in my School? Yes, in your School. Oh, well, we take that very seriously. Yeah right! The second time it happened, on the playground, the so called supervisors were huddled in thier group chit chatting, not paying attention. Then he was told, "Well, if you want to stand up for yourself, which you may have to do, I won't say anything". No, they better not. I don't believe in violence because when I was in school, it happened all the time. We all go through that. I finally said, Pop him in the face. Once he sees you mean business, he will leave you alone. Don't want to see it come to that but at the same time, it has to stop. Obviously the Parents aren't notified. I myself would take a zero tolerance on the bully. First time, bye bye you're out. Want a School? Braun is right down the street.
The presentation was about Ryan Halligan, he was teased and they passed around a private message to everyone. Kids do not understand this, they think it's only about the computer it's way over their head, they should of gave them a test to see if they comprehend the presentation. They need to make it simple. they need to spell it out for them. if you do, see, hear abcd.... This will happen. Your kids can not stick up for themselves they get in the same trouble as the bully. Which is BS because then your kids a punching bag for this bully either calling him names, making fun of him, teasing him or physical abuse. Either ship this bully out of the school and punish everyone of the kids who witness this, and keep doing it until it is learned.
upstanders

Midlothian, IL

#20 Apr 27, 2012
i was at the bully seminar and it was very good. one thing that he mentioned was that parents need to teach and encourage their children to be an "upstander" and not a bystander. if their friend is doing the bullying, tell them to stop and tell them no one likes a bully, that it's not appealing to their friends. they don't have to be friends with the victim and encourage a friendship, just encourage the bully to treat the kid like they would want to be treated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Happening in Oak Forest? 19 min Luv OF 4
Looking for District 228 parents (May '15) 24 min Dunce 12
Village Attorney for Robbins Illinois Failed t... 2 hr Change is needed 20
New Thornton's fuel center grand opening June ... 2 hr More Savings 36
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) 2 hr Shell Game Explained 35
District 142 Board Member out of control 21 hr get your facts 167
sharks fish and chicken opening Thu Resident 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Forest Mortgages