City Hires Developer to Scout Major R...

City Hires Developer to Scout Major Retailers for Oak Forest

There are 19 comments on the Patch.com story from Nov 28, 2012, titled City Hires Developer to Scout Major Retailers for Oak Forest. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The City of Oak Forest and MidAm Development Group, LLC, came to an agreement Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

SOS

Tinley Park, IL

#1 Nov 28, 2012
How much is the contract worth? Don't the taxpayers pay somebody in City Hall to do this? I believe I heard in the past it will be senior living. I can't see any major retail moving in that spot. It's a small parcel. The contract is 6 months, hopefully this crew is gone in 4.1 months. The person on the city payroll hired to do tis needs to find another line of work. They failed.
hey

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 28, 2012
If i were on the City Council in any position, being administrator, board member or Mayor, i would be so embarassed i would quit. This is so insulting to the citizens.
Greg thomas

United States

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Just make sure that they know the church is off limits... It's been donated already by Hank.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
Just make sure that they know the church is off limits... It's been donated already by Hank.
Liar.
Just Wondering

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Why would you write "liar"? This was publicized.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Ron

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
Why would you write "liar"? This was publicized.
<quoted text>
Absolutlely correct - New home of Gi Gi's Playhouse, donated by the Mayor! That was on the journalistic scoop machine - The Patch! It really amazes how all this stuff which is not supposed to be secret is secret! Manhard, which is getting paid to do this-$19,000+ last month, now is bringing this new group in that seems like a group of used car salesmen! I guess the council knew everything about this, because there was not even one question! Oh Boy, Mayor you really have yourself on the pulse of all the problems in our town! Since you have the Manhard number on your speed dial, you should call them up and see why we are paying them so much money! Adam Dotson and Manhard - lots of money for nothing that generates Sales Tax to help taxpayers! Really! Mr Mayor that is your plan for the community! I really hope April 9th is the "best day of our lives" and new people come into to city government to help the taxpayers in town!
Greg thomas

United States

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Liar? What was a lie?
buying votes

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutlely correct - New home of Gi Gi's Playhouse, donated by the Mayor! That was on the journalistic scoop machine - The Patch! It really amazes how all this stuff which is not supposed to be secret is secret! Manhard, which is getting paid to do this-$19,000+ last month, now is bringing this new group in that seems like a group of used car salesmen! I guess the council knew everything about this, because there was not even one question! Oh Boy, Mayor you really have yourself on the pulse of all the problems in our town! Since you have the Manhard number on your speed dial, you should call them up and see why we are paying them so much money! Adam Dotson and Manhard - lots of money for nothing that generates Sales Tax to help taxpayers! Really! Mr Mayor that is your plan for the community! I really hope April 9th is the "best day of our lives" and new people come into to city government to help the taxpayers in town!
haha! April 9 th - Best day of our lives! Love it!
Just Wondering

United States

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Ha! Best day of our lives! Love it too!
buying votes wrote:
<quoted text>
haha! April 9 th - Best day of our lives! Love it!
Ron

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 30, 2012
So Mid Am comes to town with a 6 month window to create some "Retail Business" for the community! Was the Mayor's comment, "My mouth is salivating when you talk about retail businesses!" Isn't that what he told us Manhard would be doing? I think he mentioned the Pete Manhard's number was on his speed dial! I wonder if Pete even has to answer, since they pay every month even if there is nothing done! Manhard -$ 19,000 + this month to bring in Mid Am and the traveling retail show, great job again council with all your questions! And mayor, your mouth should be salivating, but it should have started 4 years ago and before you agreed to Manhard Contract -$11,000/per month guaranteed even if nothing happens! Then extra charges for all the great Economic Development items they have brought to town under this LUCRATIVE contract! If you cannot think of all the great items that Manhard has establish in our community, stand in line you are not the only one!

Sure makes the phrase "Ineffective Government" a true definition of Oak Forest! I will say it again, April 9th - "Best Day of My Life!"
res

Tinley Park, IL

#11 Nov 30, 2012
AHHHHHH, the whole board has to go! so looking forward to April. My god are they friggin clowns.I think we all know it is not a "lie'. Gordon...Kelly...anyone? You have my vote.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 30, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? What was a lie?
You post as though the city gave the church away, when all they did was loan a empty building to a charitable foundation that helps Downs Syndrome children. The building will be available for sale at any time. Should we assume that you do not like Downs Syndrome children.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Ron wrote:
So Mid Am comes to town with a 6 month window to create some "Retail Business" for the community! Was the Mayor's comment, "My mouth is salivating when you talk about retail businesses!" Isn't that what he told us Manhard would be doing? I think he mentioned the Pete Manhard's number was on his speed dial! I wonder if Pete even has to answer, since they pay every month even if there is nothing done! Manhard -$ 19,000 + this month to bring in Mid Am and the traveling retail show, great job again council with all your questions! And mayor, your mouth should be salivating, but it should have started 4 years ago and before you agreed to Manhard Contract -$11,000/per month guaranteed even if nothing happens! Then extra charges for all the great Economic Development items they have brought to town under this LUCRATIVE contract! If you cannot think of all the great items that Manhard has establish in our community, stand in line you are not the only one!
Sure makes the phrase "Ineffective Government" a true definition of Oak Forest! I will say it again, April 9th - "Best Day of My Life!"
So you want scandal Gordon and Feely back. Great thinking

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You post as though the city gave the church away, when all they did was loan a empty building to a charitable foundation that helps Downs Syndrome children. The building will be available for sale at any time. Should we assume that you do not like Downs Syndrome children.
Maybe they did "loan" it, but i suggest you go back and read the article again and make note of where GiGi's talks about the opening of their new place in Sept 2013 on the same spot. Then go to GiGi's facebook page and note how many times they reference this location as their permanent home.

There's alot of things here that dont add up.
Greg thomas

United States

#15 Dec 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You post as though the city gave the church away, when all they did was loan a empty building to a charitable foundation that helps Downs Syndrome children. The building will be available for sale at any time. Should we assume that you do not like Downs Syndrome children.
Go to their facebook page and you will see.... They dont plan on opening it up for quite awhile.... And who is gonna want to be the corporate official thats gonnna want to kick out the poor downs kids?

No Its not that I dont like downs kids I dont like setting a precedent where the city us caught in a trick bag.... If you give a building rent free to the downs kids your gonnna have to let ALL CHARITIES USE THE CITIES BUILDINGS RENT FREE thats why.
Greg thomas

United States

#16 Dec 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Hank use your name when you post.
Neighbor

United States

#17 Dec 1, 2012
Or how she talks about the group being able still come for support to hang out with each other as they age.
OF Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they did "loan" it, but i suggest you go back and read the article again and make note of where GiGi's talks about the opening of their new place in Sept 2013 on the same spot. Then go to GiGi's facebook page and note how many times they reference this location as their permanent home.
There's alot of things here that dont add up.
Res

Tinley Park, IL

#18 Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like redundant government.
Greg thomas

United States

#19 Dec 4, 2012
Who's paying their gas,electric and water bills? Us too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Forest Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting G... 3 hr Snatch Patch 2
What's Happening in Oak Forest? Sat OF Person 5
District 142 Board Member out of control Fri get your facts 167
sharks fish and chicken opening Thu Resident 4
Sopko Screws Us Again Jun 21 Former Res 21
Manchester Court Apatrments (good or bad?) (Apr '14) Jun 15 Hawkie381 17
Patch Failed (Oct '12) Jun 11 St Ronnie Raygun 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Forest Mortgages