Man dies while in Oak Forest police c...

Man dies while in Oak Forest police custody

There are 47 comments on the WAND-TV Decatur story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Man dies while in Oak Forest police custody. In it, WAND-TV Decatur reports that:

Authorities say a 28-year-old Oak Forest man died in police custody there early yesterday morning. via WAND-TV Decatur

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAND-TV Decatur.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JENNIFER

AOL

#1 Feb 11, 2008
HIS NAME WAS PAT HALL AND HE WAS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. IF THERE IS ANY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HE WAS ARRESTED FOR OR ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE POST IT!
Dan

Midlothian, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2008
I guess for suspicion of home burglary

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Didn't someone else hang themselves a few years ago while in custody in Oak Forest? Or am I wrong?

#4 Feb 12, 2008
JENNIFER wrote:
HIS NAME WAS PAT HALL AND HE WAS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. IF THERE IS ANY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HE WAS ARRESTED FOR OR ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE POST IT!
Jennifer, if he was such a good friend of yours, do you have any idea why he would have been in a holding cell? Did he seem like the type of person that would kill himself?

Sorry for your loss :(
traffix

King Of Prussia, PA

#5 Feb 13, 2008
yeah, where is the story on this. This is unacceptable. I hope this is being investigated by another agengy other that Oak FOrest PD. Not saying they are responsible, this guy obviously had issues to have taken his own life. If thats what really happened. But I'd like to see the camera footage of how the officers took this man into custody & how he was treated.
Matt

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2008
Regardless of what happened....he's gone. I don't know who any of you people are that are actually posting these little comments or how well you actually knew Pat at all. There is no need to be posting shit on this page about why or why not he may have been arrested or why he chose check out. Pat was a good guy and it's a shame he's gone. Let the guy rest in peace w/o feeling the need to post your guesses as to what happened. The last thing Pat would of wanted was his personal life posted for the general public to read about. Get another hobby or bury yourselves in your own fucked up lives.

#7 Feb 13, 2008
That's right Matt...you don't know who we are. We are concerned citizens of Oak Forest.

No one on this forum made any 'guesses' as to why he was there or why he 'checked out'.

As for your comments about our hobbies and our FU'ed lives, I will atribute it to your sorrow. I do hope he rests in peace, and I am sorry for your loss.
Matt

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2008
No, you don't have to attribute my comments to my sorrow. I meant everyword as clear as I wrote it. Every single one of you on this site are making guess or are interested in hearing other peoples theories as to what happened. You posted questions about why he may have been in a holding cell and did he seem like the type of person that would kill himself, Dan from Midlo posted that he was arrested on suspicion of a home burglary, Traffix said obviously he had issues and Jennifer is posting requesting people to post info about why he was arrested. SO, back to my point....maybe now you see what I was talking about. If you want to be a concerned Oak Forest resident.....go down to the police station and inquire about how this happened. Stop asking questions in posts on a web site.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 14, 2008
I knew Pat, it has been years since I've seen him. WE used to have parties all the time and he'd show up on occasion. Hung out with my little brother. It's a terrible thing and a shock. I agree with Matt about all the speculation. Anybody that knew him, knows this doesn't make sense.

#10 Feb 14, 2008
Yes Matt, I do see what you are talking about. I didn't know that this happened until I read it in here. So this forum is very informative.

Going to the police station and asking what happened is not going to get me very far. They will not tell me anything. I have in the past had to talk to the police, and all you get is attitude as in they are always right, and no information is going to pass their lips. I have met a few compassionate ones who are willing to go the extra mile, but they are the exception.

Also,I do not automatically assume that someone is guilty just because they are in jail. I do not pre-judge.

I find it very suspicious because I think I remember this happening to someone else, but I can't find any evidence of that. If this is true, it should be looked into further.

I also find that if people 'talk' to one another, in a forum such as this, sometimes something that someone feels isn't very relevant blows the whole thing open.

I don't want to make you angry by continuing to talk about it, but it seems to me that the police hold some responsibility for letting this happen.
The Griffin

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 14, 2008
Matt - Are you Matt Usalis?
Pat's death is a shame but I heard Pat got heavily involved in drugs - maybe that had something to do with his arrest and eventual suicide. If memory serves me correct - he may just be one of a number of Oak Forest H.S. grads from his graduation class who OD'd or committed suicide as a result of drug-related issues.
dan

Midlothian, IL

#12 Feb 16, 2008
Bong is that you?
Fact Checker

Wayne, IL

#13 Feb 16, 2008
traffix wrote:
yeah, where is the story on this. This is unacceptable. I hope this is being investigated by another agengy other that Oak FOrest PD. Not saying they are responsible, this guy obviously had issues to have taken his own life. If thats what really happened. But I'd like to see the camera footage of how the officers took this man into custody & how he was treated.
You seem to have lots of opinions regarding the police from what I read. If you would like to know the protocol for such investigations, you may want to actually call the police department. This is always more productive than posting ridiculous comments. And you would like to see the camera footage why? Do the police have a responsibility to make sure that traffix is satisfied with their investigation?
Matt

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2008
To The Griffin....no, Im not Matt Usalis. I was closer to Pat than he was. I knew Pat's situation and struggles...and I hate to sound like a broken record...but PLEASE STOP POSTING THE DETAILS PAT'S PERSONAL LIFE ON THIS SITE PLEASE!!!
Appreciate it....
Matt

Thornton, IL

#15 Feb 18, 2008
Yeah Griffin, it sucks to watch all of your friends die, one after another. It all started with Joe Huff.
jacqueline

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2008
i don't lnow what happened but when they arrested me 5 mother....rs beat me cufed me dragged me across th ground by my cuffs scrapping my faceand while they were fighting me the one cop had his thumb clcose to my mouth so i bit n they kept pulling my hair and i kept biting harder and they read that in court .... oak forest its getto and hahahaha ....er you ain't got a thumb hahahahahahahah;ahahahhahahaah ahah
Amanda

Woodridge, IL

#17 Feb 19, 2008
Pat and my brother were living together over in Oak Forest. My "wonderful" brother skipped out on rent for a couple months and Pat used up his savings on rent and food and God knows what else. He had went over by one of his friends house that had died earlier and tried to talk to his mom. She didn't know who he was. He tried breaking an entering. She called the cops and he was arrested for attempted burglury. He was trying to recover from a drug addiction but couldnt after many attempts. He had no money, no friends (they either were dead of disowned him), and no hope. He was a sweet kid. He came over for Christmas and seemed happy to be there. There is another investigation going on. His father has gotten some outside agencies involved. What happened is no one's fault...just bad timing.
The Nephew

Hickory Hills, IL

#18 Feb 19, 2008
traffix wrote:
traffix you are a idiot!
Matt

Thornton, IL

#19 Feb 21, 2008
Amanda....

Um you are wrong about him not having any friends. Pat told me about your bro...I was in your other brother Mark's graduating class. Please email me...I would like to have a little chat with you..

[email protected]

Thanks,
Matt
Matt

Thornton, IL

#20 Feb 21, 2008
jacqueline wrote:
i don't lnow what happened but when they arrested me 5 mother....rs beat me cufed me dragged me across th ground by my cuffs scrapping my faceand while they were fighting me the one cop had his thumb clcose to my mouth so i bit n they kept pulling my hair and i kept biting harder and they read that in court .... oak forest its getto and hahahaha ....er you ain't got a thumb hahahahahahahah;ahahahhahahaah ahah
Hate to break it to ya sweetheart....but nobody cares about your arrest or your obviously proud moment of biting a cop's thumb off either...whatever you got you probably deserved. Cops don't usually use force unless your resisting arrest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 9 min BIIP Insiders 59
where is our garbage money 24 min Equally Responsible 82
Pizza in Midlothian 8 hr Midlo is a cess pool 3
Review: Public Moving and Storage (Sep '16) 9 hr Impressive 435
Mayor Vargas left powerless after Tuesday's co... 9 hr Good one 87
Poll What Do The Residents Of OH Really Think Of Chief (Apr '10) 14 hr BEST EVER 15
drunk officer ortega to beats on people at harr... (Oct '10) 18 hr No Wonder 94

Oak Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Forest Mortgages