First Prev
of 3
Next Last
KickedInTheGut

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2009
Dear Mayor Hank, last spring you can around asking the people of Oak Forest to vote for you as Mayor. You promised change. So being as fed up with the arrogance from administrations in the past, I threw you my hard earned vote. I trusted you. OOOPS! In 6 months you have taken that trust and shattered it. It is obvious you lied and are just the same as the rest. You have accomplished absolutly nothing since April except for proving the voters wrong. Dragging your feet on the Police Chief should have been a red flag. Seeing this Richmond as secretary deal, there is no doubt the Chiefs position will be filled by an unqualified cronie that is tied to your campaign. Excuse me while I throw up! Ok, back to the post. Whats next, Hank? Three and a half more years of your lying and handing out jobs? More cronies and nothing positive for the City? It truly feels like you kicked me in the gut because I trusted you, and you have betrayed that trust. Easily broken and hard to get back. See you at the Christmas Parade if you have the balls to show and lie to the kids. What, there really is a Santa Clause? Start the legal Actions. I hope your new lawyers are good.
Duped

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2009
Why Hank?????
What is going on in OF

AOL

#3 Sep 23, 2009
When is Mike Feeley coming back. He has breakfast every morning with Richmond and Simon? I'm sure he is in the plan.
Verum

Jackson, NJ

#4 Sep 23, 2009
What is going on in OF wrote:
When is Mike Feeley coming back. He has breakfast every morning with Richmond and Simon? I'm sure he is in the plan.
As soon as Gordon comes back he will bring Feely and laycoax with him
What the ------

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 23, 2009
Lay off Hank!

He's new at this Mayor stuff. It's tough to find good, qualified secretarial help these days. After all, its not like the south suburbs have a talent pool of educated and able administrative folks looking for work. I am sure he searched and searched and was just lucky to find that the most qualified person was right there in his campaign.

I think it is incredibly unfair to accuse him of lying. He is not lying. He was a good ole boy before the election, and is a good ole boy after the election. Oak Forest was just not paying attention. Shame on you, not shame on Hank.

You should next expect that an unqualified internal candidate from the police department will be the new chief. Afterall, that Feely guy probably could not do it while he is on parole.

Perhaps it will be that Feely guy
OF Watch

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 23, 2009
Where are all the Hank boosters to defend their guy now that he is not the reformer that he claimed to be?

Where's Eva, Ruth, Jim, Karen and the annexed residents (who appear to be content now that Hank 'met' with them)? Why do you think they are so silent now? Hmmm, I wonder.

Will Eva be going to the City Council and give Hank a similar verbal tirade on how he can be a better mayor like she did for Kelly?

Where's the blog posts from Simon and Toland to defend their votes? They sure were talkative before the election. Oh wait Simons in on the power grab and Toland appears to be nothing more than another lap dog council member, especially after his comment in the South Town that since Hank won the election all of his appointments should be approved without question. Yeah, good policy Chuck. Look how well thats worked out for chicago.

Who has a list of Hanks campaign donors? We should be able to match the position they will be appointed too based on the amount they gave.
Verum

Jackson, NJ

#7 Sep 23, 2009
What the ------ wrote:
Lay off Hank!
He's new at this Mayor stuff. It's tough to find good, qualified secretarial help these days. After all, its not like the south suburbs have a talent pool of educated and able administrative folks looking for work. I am sure he searched and searched and was just lucky to find that the most qualified person was right there in his campaign.
I think it is incredibly unfair to accuse him of lying. He is not lying. He was a good ole boy before the election, and is a good ole boy after the election. Oak Forest was just not paying attention. Shame on you, not shame on Hank.
You should next expect that an unqualified internal candidate from the police department will be the new chief. Afterall, that Feely guy probably could not do it while he is on parole.
Perhaps it will be that Feely guy
Yes after all when a police officer was caught and reprimanded for being at his girlfriends house while on duty (as opposed to being at home with his wife) we was penalized by being named police chief
The Feral Cat

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 23, 2009
Have we deliberately been deceived by Mayor Kuspa? This is the first time we have heard the name of former Mayor Jim Richmond officially linked to the new Mayor.

Why keep it hidden?

We've only fired Mr. Richmond twice already, I guess 3rd time is the charm? What is it that Mayor Hank was afraid of?

Everyone tells us that Hank is a stand up guy, why did'nt he stand up and tell us his connection? Maybe if it was connected he would not have gotten elected?

Mr. Richmond hired Mr. Feeley the first time, maybe we ought to do that again too! Not a good move for him, now Mr. Kuspa hired an old political Crony, now also not a good move!
Oak Forest Concerned

Chicago, IL

#9 Sep 23, 2009
To the "Best Day of My Life Guy" worst decision of your early tenure!

We thought you were better than that, I guess the early reviews of how nice a guy you are need to be updated!

Just another stick it to the voters politician!!
Wonder what you will be doing after your 3 1/2 years are up?
Dr X

Oak Forest, IL

#10 Sep 23, 2009
You all got what you wanted and now you all are unhappy with Hank. But hey, who cares, he has a heart. New businesses in Oak Forest on his agenda, nope. But he has a heart. Hiring past pols for no reason, yep. Why because he wants to spread our tax dollars. Why, becuase he has a heart. That is right, now you all know he cares about something, well someone, his cohorts in crime. Why ? Becuase he has a heart. Yes sir, he is going to change things here in OF, change back to the days of Gordon.

Where is the anti-king site now ? Perhaps Hank does not want to set up another site since he will see how much he is screwing the residents.
Joke Forest

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 23, 2009
We are back to being Joke Forest. I am back to being embarassed to live here. I hate to admit that I was one of the ones that was conned.
It should have been said prior to the election that a vote for Hank Kuspa was a vote for Jim Richmond. Jim Richmond is going to provide secretarial support to the mayor? He is also going to take on some of Scott Burkhardt's duties? Is Scottie taking a pay cut in relation to the duties he is relinquishing? What does he do anyway? Anyone know? Besides double dipping into the City's bank account and treating employees like they are subserviant to him. Why is he speaking at Council Meetings? We "created" this post for Mr. Richmond, isn't that what Mr. Burkhardt said? The mayor says he is backlogged and behind and Mr. Richmond can help him out. Well, perhaps he should have researched what was involved with the job before he ran for the office. Perhaps he should have told everyone during the election that it was a twofer deal. You get two mayors for the price of one election. All this without the employee that technically holds this position officially resigning. I hope she watched the council meeting and contacted her lawyer.
People in this city need to stand up, we need new aldermen too. Only one alderman has the guts to question hiring a person when no details on his salary etc can be answered? Why did this have to be rushed through? Why couldn't it have been tabled until these questions could be answered? Is he going to have a clause in his contract too where he can't be dismissed due to a change in the mayor? This Council votes down a change in the legal firm due to one of the lawyers involved being politically connected in Oak Forest. A stipulation could have been made that this lawyer not be involved in the City's business, then they go do something like this? I bet that lawyer finds himself on the City payroll afterall. I also would wager that the woman that ran the Mayor's campaign pops up with a position or on a commission or something too. During today's economy we have the money to toss around creating jobs for political cronies. What new tax or fee are we going to be assessed to cover these salaries?
We have an alderman that states that any appointment the mayor wants should be approved, then why do we even need alderman? Incredible. Someone said the results need to be retabulated to see if everyone still thinks Mr. Kuspa is nice. Sure he is, just ask Mr. Richmond, Mr. Burkhardt and the many more employees to come that are gifted a job with a huge salary with little or no expectations. Just think how customer service is going to be at City Hall now. Mr. Burkhardt is already rude. Rude to the office staff and then they pass that on to residents. We can all remember what a hot head Mr. Richmond is.
I am sad and disappointed in myself. Had I known that attending some fundraisers, knocking on some doors and kissing some behind could have resulted in a cushy job with great benefits, I would have been at the ready with my chapstick. I will have to remember that for the next election, I am pretty confident this is going to be yet another one term mayor.
Why should anyone wonder why a new police chief has not been seated? Mr. Kuspa needs to decide which applicant can do him the most good, not the City. Infidelity shouldn't be a deciding factor, if that were the case, I'm sure at least half the inside candidates would be eliminated. I would be surprized if anyone from the outside would want to take this position.
Joke Forest cont

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 23, 2009
Really? No ice cream vendors? How ridiculous is that? These people have to get business licenses so we do have some control over the condition of vehicles, etc. Wouldn't be surprized if there isn't a lawsuit in there some place too. Sounds like racial/ethic undertones are there. While small, another source of income for the City gone.
Also going after the food/beverage truck at the Metra Lot? Which one of the mayor's friends wants to open up a shop? Perhaps we shouldn't have been so concerned about the Tin Man, because we sure looked at this one through rose colored glasses.
Glad it's Mr. Kuspa's best day of his life, and Mr. Richmond's too, wish I could say the same.
Joke Forest

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 23, 2009
I am embarrassed to live here and admit that I was one that was conned. During the election we should have been told a vote for Hank Kuspa was a vote for Jim Richmond.

Jim Richmond is going to be providing secretarial support for the mayor? Really? The Mayor says he is backlogged and Mr. Richmond can help him out. He should have told us this was a twofer deal. Two mayors for the price of one election.
He is also going to be doing some of Mr. Burkhardt's duties? Is Mr. Burkhardt's salary going to be reduced in reflection of this? I believe he is one of the highest paid City employees. Mr. Burkhardt said details on this position are still up in the air as it is being created. How special, a created position for Mr. Richmond. I hope the person that currently holds this position was watching and has contacted her lawyer. She hasn't even resigned and they are hiring someone else. Does anyone even know what Mr. Burkhardt does besides double dip into the City's bank account and treat employees like they are his personal servants? Why is he even speaking at Council Meetings? Imagine what customer service is going to be like now. Mr. Burkhardt treats residents and the office staff rudely. We all remember what a hot head Mr. Richmond is. Why did this appointment have to be rushed through with no details? Why couldn't it have been tabled? Afraid of public outrage? Is Richmond going to have a clause that says he can't be replaced when a change in the administration happens?(Which I am confident will happen in a little over 3 years) What new fees/taxes are we going to incur due to these political hirings?

We need new aldermen too. One alderman questions this? They vote down a change in the legal firm due to one of the attorneys. I would bet that attorney winds up with a City position afterall. Also the woman that ran Kuspa's campaign, also the Kenootz pizza guy.

I am disappointed in myself. Had I known that attending some fundraisers, knocking on some doors and kissing some behind would land me a cushy City job, the chapstick would have been at the ready.

Why is anyone surprized a new Police Chief hasn't been selected? He is trying to determine which applicant can do him the most good, not the City. Infidelity shouldn't be a deciding factor, as I would guess most of the inside candidates would be eliminated then. I can't believe anyone from the outside would want to work for this town, unless they too get the job security clause. The funny thing is going to be watching all these people jump ship and support the next candidate when it becomes evident Mr. Kuspa won't be elected again. I believe he has sealed his fate with this action. We shouldn't have been so concerned with the Tin Man because we sure looked at this one through rose colored glasses.

Glad it is the best day of your life, Mr. Kuspa and Mr. Richmond, because it sure isn't mine.
Feellikeanacehol e

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2009
We voted for a Mayor we thought had some nutts to go along with his heart. This guy doesnt even have a spine. Hank, you will have to look us in the eye passing through the city. Can you do it? Mc D'S is city hall #2? I'll take a McMuffin and a job!!!!!
Dr X

Wayne, IL

#16 Sep 24, 2009
Where are all these new businesses that are coming to OF because Hank is going to "not run the City like a business but with a heart". Well, I don't see any except the battery store on 159th. However, I have seen a few move out. Way to go Hank. Keep up the good work and keep having heart.
concerned

Chicago, IL

#17 Sep 24, 2009
Verum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes after all when a police officer was caught and reprimanded for being at his girlfriends house while on duty (as opposed to being at home with his wife) we was penalized by being named police chief
Oak Forest cops are the most pathetic group of idiots I have ever been around. They hang out at white hen, act like they are tough,and try and sleep with every woman who is impressed with a rent a cop in uniform
Oak Forest

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 25, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Oak Forest cops are the most pathetic group of idiots I have ever been around. They hang out at white hen, act like they are tough,and try and sleep with every woman who is impressed with a rent a cop in uniform
You sound like one of those fine upstanding, honest cops from Crestwood. Yeah, you make all that tall money over there and got room to bash other agencys.
Rosie from Oak Forest

AOL

#19 Sep 26, 2009
In answer to the Verum why didn't you tell us who the Chief was ???? Well I can S.S. as far as Hank you are right,a one time Mayor if he makes it.

He is a Man who only knows how to help in Fundraisers and that is an if. Why doesn't he ask or at least read what he's doing. I'll bet he can't tell any one of us how or what Insurance we have and is it good.

Well!I guess I'll have to get the spy gloves out as well as all the tools I need to help things along to get Richmnond out.

By the way Hank you said you would let the TIN MAN come back where is he? How many Promises did you make to all of those that voted for you as I didn't. Bring Mayor Gordon back,Malecky and the best one JESK. This man is worth Billions now he went to Lockport as we didn't need his tax DOLLARS SHAME ON US>>>>>>> >>>

Happy Trails to me........
Verum

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2009
Rosie from Oak Forest wrote:
In answer to the Verum why didn't you tell us who the Chief was ???? Well I can S.S. as far as Hank you are right,a one time Mayor if he makes it.
He is a Man who only knows how to help in Fundraisers and that is an if. Why doesn't he ask or at least read what he's doing. I'll bet he can't tell any one of us how or what Insurance we have and is it good.
Well!I guess I'll have to get the spy gloves out as well as all the tools I need to help things along to get Richmnond out.
By the way Hank you said you would let the TIN MAN come back where is he? How many Promises did you make to all of those that voted for you as I didn't. Bring Mayor Gordon back,Malecky and the best one JESK. This man is worth Billions now he went to Lockport as we didn't need his tax DOLLARS SHAME ON US>>>>>>> >>>
Rosie bring back Gordon? lets not get carried away!
Verum

United States

#21 Sep 26, 2009
Rosie from Oak Forest wrote:
Please Rosie, next dont tell us we should bring back clevenger!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stevo at the City Council meeting 8 min sky soldier 41
Open Letter to All Veteran's 44 min sky solder 42
The corruption continues at Bloom Trail... 58 min ALF 23
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... 3 hr Cal P 4
Hillary 2016 ...Lock Her Up 3 hr Anti Voters 17
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 11 hr It Is So 53
Front Street - Mokena,Ill. 15 hr sue 63

Oak Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance