Respect Your Police
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth Seeker

United States

#1 Jun 30, 2012
Even though you may disagree at times with things the police do, it is very important to teach our children to respect them. Kids are too young to understand that sometimes cops can do dishonest thieving things or be too lazy to do their job. But not all police departments are incompetent, lazy, and corrupt and we don't want to confuse the kids when a real cop from another town tries to do their job.
harley

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 30, 2012
I would respect the police but whydont they respect us?: Why do they beat up innocent people?

Why ? Police brutality takes place more than you know. That is abuse of power. What about the cop that two years ago shoved a gun in a womans mouth and threatened to kill her at the pavillion towers for no reason? She did not deserve that. Is that respect from the police? Innocent people being threatened by drunk cops with their guns and her boyfriend beat up for no reason.

There are a lot of scum on the police forces. More than you know.
Truth Seeker wrote:
Even though you may disagree at times with things the police do, it is very important to teach our children to respect them. Kids are too young to understand that sometimes cops can do dishonest thieving things or be too lazy to do their job. But not all police departments are incompetent, lazy, and corrupt and we don't want to confuse the kids when a real cop from another town tries to do their job.
harley

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 30, 2012
oh then the rest of the police department go and cover up for this a**hole. That makes them a**holes too.
Truth Seeker wrote:
OK Cartman

Zion, IL

#4 Jul 1, 2012
respect mah authoritah!
mickey miguel

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Jul 1, 2012
They are serving themselves and collecting money off anyone they can.Gotta buy faster laptops and Tahos..
It's pretty obvious what they have been doing anyone who drives sees it
F24L1I1P

Westmont, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2012
Police don't serve and protect the public, they serve and protect themselves and their employer from the public. Who guards the mayor and politicians (from the public)?

Who guards Rahmulus Emanuel 24/7 from the public ?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Jul 1, 2012
F24L1I1P wrote:
Police don't serve and protect the public, they serve and protect themselves and their employer from the public. Who guards the mayor and politicians (from the public)?
Who guards Rahmulus Emanuel 24/7 from the public ?
Not all police officers are like that. Those that are scum bags have scumb bag supervisors to look up to.
tExtly

Westmont, IL

#8 Jul 1, 2012
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#9 Jul 2, 2012
I agree with Taxpayer on this one.
Not all cops are bad.
But the ones in MP that are bad are because of the police chief and mayor.
When you have a corrupt system it filters down.
It has to be really hard on those cops who are honest and want to do a good job.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
I agree with Taxpayer on this one.
Not all cops are bad.
But the ones in MP that are bad are because of the police chief and mayor.
When you have a corrupt system it filters down.
It has to be really hard on those cops who are honest and want to do a good job.
My feelings exactly.
mickey miguel

Mazon, IL

#11 Jul 2, 2012
Those who are Honest and look the other way are just as guilty as the ones they are afraid of or are protecting
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#12 Jul 3, 2012
mickey miguel wrote:
Those who are Honest and look the other way are just as guilty as the ones they are afraid of or are protecting
Interesting point.
But are they really looking the other way ?
Unless they can prove in court what they see occuring they are risking their jobs and probably even their lives.Its easy to talk tough but its another matter to really be tough.
Many of these good cops have family.
Putting your life on the line is your choice to make but do you really have the right to put your family at risk too ?
The real solution is to vote the mayor and chief of police out of office.
Work within the system.
Aid the feds in an internal investigation.
That is what i recommend.
And look at how much heat i get for just saying that.
scavo

United States

#13 Jul 3, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting point.
But are they really looking the other way ?
Unless they can prove in court what they see occuring they are risking their jobs and probably even their lives.Its easy to talk tough but its another matter to really be tough.
Many of these good cops have family.
Putting your life on the line is your choice to make but do you really have the right to put your family at risk too ?
The real solution is to vote the mayor and chief of police out of office.
Work within the system.
Aid the feds in an internal investigation.
That is what i recommend.
And look at how much heat i get for just saying that.
Good cops just like good Nazis. Just taking orders from Fueher. Truth Seeker knows all the cop outs. Thats because he is a COWARD.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 3, 2012
scavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good cops just like good Nazis. Just taking orders from Fueher. Truth Seeker knows all the cop outs. Thats because he is a COWARD.
Well the old fellow does have a point there
mickey miguel

Plainfield, IL

#15 Jul 4, 2012
Melrose is the bullseye of coreruption.
The surrounding suburbs are just as bad.
You can call them idiots cops and I will call them brownoses who kissed bigtime ass to get there job.
Everybody knows but nobody does
respect

Elmwood Park, IL

#16 Jul 4, 2012
Your kids should already be respectful and polite to everyone not just police. Its more important you teach your kids to know their rights and exercise them. Anyone who doesn't respect your rights as a citizen doesn't deserve your respect.
mickey miguel

Oak Park, IL

#17 Jul 4, 2012
That's the main problem there is no respect for peoples rights.
They don't care they have to write the tickets or else.
They are the judge and jury
Remember it's all about the MONEY
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#18 Jul 5, 2012
mickey miguel wrote:
That's the main problem there is no respect for peoples rights.
They don't care they have to write the tickets or else.
They are the judge and jury
Remember it's all about the MONEY
i feel the same way about red light/speed camera
its all about the money with a lot of these cops.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 5, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
i feel the same way about red light/speed camera
its all about the money with a lot of these cops.
Yep and they are wrong 50% of the time
mickey miguel

Joliet, IL

#20 Jul 5, 2012
Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text>Yep and they are wrong 50% of the time
In Melrose when scavo was loose it was 100% of the time.
www.americannewspost.com
These idiots ruined alot of peoples lives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
justice police (Aug '11) 2 hr Welfare Country 44
News Suit contends police chief wrongly fired (Dec '13) 10 hr concernedcitizen 21
Do you really need a permit to remodel inside o... 18 hr Ed Cetera 2
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland Sat forum reg 1,234
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Sat karma 1,534
U will never catch Lenny with (Sep '14) Sat Stephen is a loser 73
Poll how many ridge residents can hate the same pers... (Feb '10) Fri just curios 341
More from around the web

Oak Brook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Oak Brook Mortgages