Are you for the teacher or the studen...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Forest meet the trees

Fond Du Lac, WI

#21 Mar 5, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the parent said the principal said the teacher said.... The Principal never came out directly and said he was told, the teacher never said she said.... all of the "facts" are coming from the parents. Now if you are ok with convicting someone based solely on hear say evidence ....
Thank you. That right there shows how people will grab something, any little thing, and run with it. I think we get it from the news media. The news media years ago demanded to know the source and they would go to the source and get info first hand. But today they will report about anything because it is now a sad and pitiful world where everyone demands whatever they want RIGHT NOW! People have readily adopted that attitude along with The whole ENTITLEMENT thing.

Very sad.
Mary watts

Bridgman, MI

#22 Mar 17, 2013
What was the outcome of all of this? Did the teacher lose her job? Or did the school settle with the little girls family? You would think as taxpayers the school has an obligation to inform us
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#23 Mar 17, 2013
Mary watts wrote:
What was the outcome of all of this? Did the teacher lose her job? Or did the school settle with the little girls family? You would think as taxpayers the school has an obligation to inform us
Outcome.. what outcome... there was one small report on the afternoon segment of one channel.... then nothing. This means either
A) still under investegation
B) handled by board silently
C) didnt happen, or if it did not as the parents think

Now considering that this happened a bit ago, and the egregious nature of this.. I doubt it is still under investigation.

It could have been handled by the board. They could have gone into executive session (no public or media) and gave the teacher a rip. for x amount of days.... However, you would think that would e a fireable and if so news would have it. I might be wrong, but they could simply ask for records from the closed session under FOIA and know what happend..... yet other than that loan 2 minute report no news whatsoever....so doesn't make sense that the board found cause for the complaint imho.

Which leaves us to the last....
You would think that IF this was as reported, more news outlets would have it. Certainly this would warrent at least time on the 6 pm news cycle... not relegate this to the 4:00. You would think that other stations would be on it. You would think that print media would have it. But it died on the vine. If so the teachers good name was crucified for nothing... and we wonder why there is a teacher shortage.
Carol cobb

Bridgman, MI

#24 Mar 18, 2013
Mary watts wrote:
The Bolingbrook high school website, has no teacher directory that i could find. Did a search on there for a mrs. Hughes, no results found. Possible she may no longer be teaching there..
Gwen Stevenson

Chicago, IL

#25 Mar 18, 2013
Carol cobb wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bolingbrook high school website, has no teacher directory that i could find. Did a search on there for a mrs. Hughes, no results found. Possible she may no longer be teaching there..
There was never a Mrs. Hughes listed on the site.
melissa s

San Jose, CA

#26 Mar 18, 2013
No evidence found.
Teacher is still there teaching.
Family moved last weekend to Joliet.
The student is no longer in the school district.
All a waste of time.
To the family better luck next time.
find a lawyer

Bolingbrook, IL

#27 Mar 18, 2013
melissa s wrote:
No evidence found.
Teacher is still there teaching.
Family moved last weekend to Joliet.
The student is no longer in the school district.
All a waste of time.
To the family better luck next time.
So the teachers name was dragged through the mud for nothing..... I hope she consults a lawyer
boys and girls club

Ashburn, VA

#28 Mar 18, 2013
The teacher's name wasn't never dragged or downed. People stated rude comments on both sides.
My kids goes to one of the schools in this district and the family didn't move, the mom was at the school for a play this morning. So their kids are still going to schools here. Plus I believe the mom works at Macy's in the Bolingbrook mall.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#29 Mar 18, 2013
boys and girls club wrote:
The teacher's name wasn't never dragged or downed. People stated rude comments on both sides.
My kids goes to one of the schools in this district and the family didn't move, the mom was at the school for a play this morning. So their kids are still going to schools here. Plus I believe the mom works at Macy's in the Bolingbrook mall.
No it was. On here. Before this "story" (true in many meanings of the word) broke, the mother flat out stated the teachers name here on Topix. The thread, which was up for several days was finally taken down, but not before some damage may have been done.

Now it can be argued that big deal it was on Topix, like that is really going to affect her.... well if one person remembers the name and it comes back to haunt the teacher ..... Point is the mom should have never put the name out.
Ben Dover

Bridgman, MI

#30 Mar 18, 2013
Are you talking about the name Mrs Taylor? I believe that was an alias she used. Can anyone confirm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) 45 min Cassie Hoyt 418
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Kumbaya 10,037
News For advocates of gay adoption, progress but als... 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 28
Increasing number of blacks and Hispanics movin... (May '08) 12 hr Demon Days 201
Salvo pleads guilty, looking at 10 years in jail. 13 hr True facts 26
News Sellers market continues in Chicago area 19 hr Keyanna 1
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) Wed MAI Appraisals 643

Oak Brook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oak Brook Mortgages