Cortlandt Police Stage Mock Protest, ...

Cortlandt Police Stage Mock Protest, Arrests At WCC

There are 1 comment on the The Cortlandt Daily Voice story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Cortlandt Police Stage Mock Protest, Arrests At WCC. In it, The Cortlandt Daily Voice reports that:

More than 80 officers from every Westchester County police department were summoned to Valhalla's Westchester Community College Wednesday morning to break up a "peaceful demonstration."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cortlandt Daily Voice.

Sam

Patchogue, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2013
Why would a peaceful demonstration need to be broken up? I understand training to respond to riots, hazmat spills, terrorist attacks, or active shooter incidents, but peaceful protests should be protected under the First Amendment, not prioritized for targeting by multiagency responses. Government should be facilitating, not sabotaging the peaceful and lawful exercise of constitutional liberties.

Is there more to this that I am missing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nyack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Traditional funeral for Thruway accident victims (Mar '06) Nov 29 flingfegboiz 3
Abandoned Warburg Rothschild estates (Oct '16) Nov 28 RAYMOND 3
Angie jupin in jail for drugs. (Jun '17) Nov 21 Erika 6
Destinie Jupin Nov 21 Erika 4
Sleepy Hollow Review Oct '17 adrainsmith 1
St.MARYS IN THE FIELD (Mar '15) Oct '17 Roxanne 10
Review: Reasonable Locksmithing (Dec '10) Sep '17 Lee 22

Nyack Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nyack Mortgages