Caledonia man facing 25 years for teen's rape

Full story: Democrat & Chronicle

GENESEO - An ex-Caledonia police officer is facing a maximum of 25 years in prison after a Livingston County Court jury convicted him of first-degree rape and other crimes involving an 18-year-old woman.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
froggy_33_14428

Macedon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

PUT HIM AWAY ,THROW AWAY THE KEY
john

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

men like him need to be put away for good im glad the law did the right thing.
annie

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Oh my god! you mean the cops do things wrong? It's about time! It's about time they get what they deserve. They get away with drinking and driving, drugs, abusing people and rape! This man is suppose to protect us,I'm glad he got caught. That girl did't deserve what he did to her.ROT IN HELL COP!I hope he gets a real nice BUBBA!
Michele

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2006

annie wrote:
Oh my god! you mean the cops do things wrong? It's about time! It's about time they get what they deserve. They get away with drinking and driving, drugs, abusing people and rape! This man is suppose to protect us,I'm glad he got caught. That girl did't deserve what he did to her.ROT IN HELL COP!I hope he gets a real nice BUBBA!
She was a whore. She dated older men all the time. she just went after dave. It was all around school she was messing around with him. She never had a problem with it. Dave is a good man. He is caring. what happen should not of happen to him. I know I have knowen him since I was 5 years old.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2006

I heard that she was telling people in school weeks after it happened that now she can retire thanks to the caledonia PD
Carl

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2006

I have known Dave for many years. He was always very respectful and would go above and beyond to help people. He risked his life entering a burning house attempting to save a middle aged women.
Dave has a lovely wife and two fine sons. I find it extremely hard to believe Dave wasn't setup on these charges. People naturally want to think the worst and kick a person when he's down. I am truely saddened by this entire event.
shelly

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2006

Dave is a kind man. Everyone knows dave as such. You never here bad about him. When someone was in trouble and needed help Dave would be there for anyone.Thats why I don't believe what she is saying. She slept with many older men.
Mel

Avon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2006

Well; Dave may have had a wonderful family..all the more reason not to screw with a young "whore"...He is not an innocent victim....NOT in the least!!! I am sure the Livingston County Grand Jury considered the evidence and acted correctly in convicting the little RAT.
Crooked cops who think and act like the law applies to every one...except them; should get DOUBLE the sentence...and a BIG BUBBA!!!!
babyeys

Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

If he how was the law a "police officer",rape SOMEONE;wath about the other like juges,deais...etc???!!!
THAS STIL NOT GOIN TO STOP THE CRIME.
candace

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

Maybe everyone who talks bad about Dave and thinks bad should get to know the girl involved. Take a look at her past, look in to details of that night, then thinks twice about whos really in the wrong.
Rich

Avon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

No matter what profession, doesn't the law still state "innocent until proven guilty"? I have seen this matter before consider the facts, yes it was wrong for him to "allegedly" have sex with her. Was it one time? Did she say no? Did she report the matter to the authorities? I don't know Dave but even Arthur Shawcross was innocent until proven guilty come on people this is 2007. Consider all the arrests you hear about yet never hear the innocent released yet still carry that burden of guilt from the media and peers. This can be you.
Nancy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Regardless of the girls reputation, he is a MARRIED w/children adult and supposed to be protecting our community. It's not the first time the Caledonia Police have had trouble....who's going to police our police?
Allen

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2008

The only way a persons past has anything to do with being raped is if that person has claimed falsely being raped before. But then, remember if it happened to you, you also would have to go through the rectal exam of your pasts, then wonder why you are being accused when you are the victim!
mei

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

nancy it not an uncommon thing to hear of police officers with girlfriends as well as wives. I do agree with you though that who is going to police our police. Its not just in Caledonia either. Its all over, and its not just the town cops. I dont know either of the parties involved in this particular case, but sometimes the outcome can suprise you.
bbc24

Delevan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

What exactly happend here?Sounds like this was consential?
25 years? for what?
sbl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

I had known Dave for years also. I also how he acted when he didn't think adults were watching. He could be very cruel to the kids in town. When he was confronted, he was a huge coward. There were two sides to him. And the one was very nasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Nunda Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nunda Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nunda People Search