Benjamin Martin II: Many helped boy's...

Benjamin Martin II: Many helped boy's cancer fight

There are 3 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jul 5, 2010, titled Benjamin Martin II: Many helped boy's cancer fight. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Nine-year-old Benjamin Martin II of Farmington Hills died of brain cancer Saturday at his home after a yearlong struggle that attracted an outpouring of donations when his family needed to pay for alternative therapies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

heartbroken

Detroit, MI

#1 Jul 5, 2010
Ben actually passed away friday evening. Please continue to pray for his family
Tony

Troy, MI

#2 Jul 5, 2010
These stories are always sad. A young person should be able to look forward to much more. The amazing thing to me is the positive attitude of these kids. Parents can do their best to instill courage, but at some point the kid has to know his time is short. I understand it this way. Whatever your lifespan, 17 or 70, that constitutes the whole of your bodily existence. It is not short. It is complete. These chronic cases offer the possibility of understanding that completeness and accepting death as opposed to childhood accidental deaths.
sam

Macomb, MI

#3 Nov 27, 2010
im sory for your lost i was in bens class in 2 nd grade

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Novi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shame on the owners of kims garden restaurant i... Thu watching livonia 1
News Simple And Attractive Styles For Small Loos Feb 2 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 16
What is going to happen to St Vincent and Sarah... (May '06) Jan 31 Nanasalma49 281
News Feds: Postal supervisors bribed with lap dances... (May '11) Jan 28 Juan 28
JAMS Sucks!!!! (Aug '08) Jan 28 CallingallRUST 503
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) Jan 26 Carol Ramsey 37
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) Jan 15 meijer hater 181
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Novi Mortgages