Livonia may add footpaths, cycling tr...

Livonia may add footpaths, cycling trails

There are 2 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Livonia may add footpaths, cycling trails. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Frank Kalinski envisions a day when biking and walking paths are as much a part of Livonia's streetscape as are its roads now dominated by cars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Tony

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2010
Bike paths and foot paths really should be separate where possible. It's not safe to walk with bikes coming and going and it's not user friendly for the biker either. Adding the bike lanes makes sense on the street because the bike is a legal vehicle and the street allows the biker to get someplace. Walkers don't exercise in the street so that keeps them separate. Make separate vehicle-free paths for walkers. I know it doesn't always make sense as the I-275 path is combined and is needed by both for exercise and transportation. They did a usage study on the path some time ago. Many people use the path as a connector to get to work.
Michigan

AOL

#2 Sep 4, 2010
SAFE walk paths for exercise. Not in secluded area where walkers can be harmed. Out in the open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Novi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan Star Clipper Dinner train makes last run (Jan '09) 9 hr Ron 6
News Rich friends post $4.5M to bail out doctor Sep 20 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Heise eyes run for Trott's U.S. House seat Sep 16 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
Prejudice is still alive & thriving in Farminto... (May '10) Sep 15 WATCHING LIVONIA 13
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) Aug 28 Cook0726 233
News Warrant denied after utility worker shoots dog Aug '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
car and truck accidents out of control on m-14 ... Aug '17 Stranded Motorist 2

Novi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Novi Mortgages