Rig driver: Man wanted to die

Rig driver: Man wanted to die

There are 11 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 9, 2009, titled Rig driver: Man wanted to die. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Their eyes locked in that last instant, the trucker coming back from the potato-chip factory and the serial rape suspect driving right at him, with not long left to live.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Perry White

United States

#1 Jul 9, 2009
Can we do with more facts and less narrative on these news stories, please? I feel like I'm watching Oprah. Way too touchy feely lately. Whatever happened to professional writers and editors?
donna

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2009
It's all part of the new COMMUNITARIAN way. We now have a COMMUNITARIAN form of government and we have had a series of COMMUNITARIAN Presidents. Our children have been trained in this in the government schools via AFFECTIVE EDUCATION for quite some time. So expect the journalism graduates to have been trained in it too. It IS like Oprah. Feelings and emotions, not logic.
Chris

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2009
@Perry White: I couldn't agree more, as I was reading this I thought it read much more like someone trying to write fiction. What exactly is the news being reported here?
OneObservation

Lewis Center, OH

#4 Jul 9, 2009
A final cruel act by Bynum - forcing someone to carry the scars of this brief and random interaction .. at least it was a truck that had some chance of survival for the other driver ... but little consolation.
Doubting Thomas

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Jul 9, 2009
Since the beginning of journalism, there have been "color" pieces that are designed to bring in the human side of the story. That's all this was intended to be, I'm sure. If you want the facts only, you could have read the ten other Dispatch stories or 87 newscasts that have covered it already. But in case you missed it:

Alleged rapist fleeing from police drives white Cadillac into path of oncoming semi truck. Police move in and officers shoot said alleged rapist while police helicopters circle above. Highway closed for many hours.

I'd also point out that it took my wife an extra hour and a half to get home from work, but that's probably too touchy feely for you all to handle.
Paul-Columbus

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 9, 2009
Attn Perry White, I think it's a good story. Sometimes I feel like Americans have lost the passion. He could've killed this man or many others.

Have some compassion.
cat980h

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 9, 2009
I think they rehablitated the guy in the Caddy!

Since: Jul 09

Amityville, NY

#9 Jul 9, 2009
I'm glad the truck driver is OK, if bruised up. I can't imagine that was an easy thing to see.
harrysak

Louisville, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2009
Thank you fr not braking
ITs Me

Dayton, OH

#11 Jul 11, 2009
As a truck driver myself this is something you never want to see. We see alot out here. I'm happy the driver only has minor injuries! I'm wondering about the other accident that happened about 10 miles east of where this all went down. The traffic was still backed up when I came through about 11 pm and when I got out to the 121 mile marker there had been an accident involving another semi and a four wheeler. Didn't look good... I'm hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked and that's why I haven't seen anything about it. One less ????? out there raping people and endangering the lives of so many others.
Debbie Anderson

Renton, WA

#12 Aug 11, 2009
Glad that your safe and sound, what a wild ride. But I am positive that your guardian angel was riding along.
Your friend - [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nottingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jimmy"s all american take out Feb 19 Jimmy matyniak 1
Acme building Feb 8 Ice 1
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) Dec '16 SJMF 292
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Dec '16 Scrappy1 19
News Pennsylvania needs nuclear power Dec '16 Duke Nookum 1
why doesnt the peach bottom tax collector do th... (Jul '16) Oct '16 Violet 2
Pizza Hut Oct '16 Xxlover93 3

Nottingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance