Norfolk man, 60, charged in Norwood l...

Norfolk man, 60, charged in Norwood lockdown

There are 108 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jan 25, 2013, titled Norfolk man, 60, charged in Norwood lockdown. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

A Norfolk man is in custody after allegedly bringing a pellet gun into Norwood-Norfolk Central School District offices this morning, causing a lockdown of the facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

billy

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 27, 2013
Everyone is jumping all over the teacher. Yes it was extremely stupid for him to bring an empty, make- believe weapon into school.( even if he didn't display it) HOWEVER, this man has been arrested on weapon charges in the past and is 'prohibited' to own a gun. He is not Mr.Innocent.
Moretothestory

Sauquoit, NY

#29 Jan 27, 2013
No, the man is not innocent...but he came to school and went through the visitor procedures to give his girlfriend gifts. He didn't barge into school with a loaded gun threatening people. But, she is far from innocent either. Not jumping all over her, but she is known for poor choices. And the fact remains that she had been seeing him so when did it become stalking?
weird

Potsdam, NY

#31 Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like a jealous ex husband making all the same comments under different names. What a joke.
Joeschmo

Massena, NY

#32 Jan 27, 2013
Her husband left her. Why would he be jelous that she can't get her life together and clean up her act? LOL
Idiots

Potsdam, NY

#33 Jan 27, 2013
Joeschmo wrote:
Her husband left her. Why would he be jelous that she can't get her life together and clean up her act? LOL
Sounds like the ex again, just changing the name
really

Utica, NY

#35 Jan 27, 2013
Lol wrote:
Yeah, a victim of a stalker who brings a gun to school should deff be reprimanded. Right next to rape victims. A rape victim should be punished along with the rapist because the victim must have done something reckless to ask for it.... I agree 100 percent. Damn parent, me and you are on the same page!
Retard
you have got to be fn' kidding me!!!! A rape victim should be punished along with the rapist??? You need to be locked up in a warehouse somewhere and left to rot, stupid d*ck!!!
truly

New Hartford, NY

#36 Jan 28, 2013
Sad wrote:
I feel bad for the guy. Here's a 60 year old man with a woman in her 40's paying attention to him, going places with him, and telling people she has met a rich man. I'm sure at his age he was thinking he would never be able to get a woman that much younger than him. It's sad she led him on by including him in her life. Why wouldn't he think he had a relationship?
Get a grip...he is 60 not 20...he should have a little wisdom under his belt at this point. He is responsible for himself! Stupidity on here!
wow

Sauquoit, NY

#37 Jan 28, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text> you have got to be fn' kidding me!!!! A rape victim should be punished along with the rapist??? You need to be locked up in a warehouse somewhere and left to rot, stupid d*ck!!!
Pretty sure it was sarcasm you moron... wahhhhh, take stupid pills much.....
truly

New Hartford, NY

#38 Jan 28, 2013
this whole entire thread is friggin stupid...stupidity at it's best!
Really

United States

#39 Jan 28, 2013
I can't believe what I am reading, is anyone thinking about these children that were affected by this??? Loaded or not this was a very scary and eye opener for everyone, including those poor children that had to witness this horrible situtation. Doesn't matter who to blame here but realize this can happen and it did...Smarten up people!
sally

United States

#41 Jan 28, 2013
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the ex again, just changing the name
SHe left him, get your facts straight and he is a very mean jealous exc husband!!!! Just read some of the messages he has sent her since she left!!!
gunner

Norwood, NY

#44 Jan 28, 2013
how many kids are in the nncs school system?? shouldent he be charged for endangering walfare of a child for each student??
FYI

Utica, NY

#45 Jan 28, 2013
And now because of this case parents aren't even aloud to walk their young children to their classrooms. Thanks to this wonderful role model of a teacher for ruining yet another Right us parents had. We get punished bc you want to be a hoe and dont do backround work....Pat yourself on the back I'd be proud of your actions!
Trash

Potsdam, NY

#50 Jan 28, 2013
Grown adults talking about other adults on an anonymous website. Can anyone say complete trash? If you are doing this and are 30,40,50,60 years old. I'm sorry that your life has came to this...I truly am.
Trash

Sauquoit, NY

#52 Jan 28, 2013
fire teacher wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry excuse for a teacher.She should be disiplined
You should have paid more attention to your teachers. Maybe you could spell the word disciplined.
Haha

Sauquoit, NY

#53 Jan 28, 2013
Out bulls
Haha

Sauquoit, NY

#54 Jan 28, 2013
Pit bulls
Haha

Sauquoit, NY

#55 Jan 28, 2013
Enduring Principles of Liberty
Magna Carta was written by a group of 13th-century barons to protect their rights and property against a tyrannical king. It is concerned with many practical matters and specific grievances relevant to the feudal system under which they lived. The interests of the common man were hardly apparent in the minds of the men who brokered the agreement. But there are two principles expressed in Magna Carta that resonate to this day:

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, disseised, outlawed, banished, or in any way destroyed, nor will We proceed against or prosecute him, except by the lawful judgment of his peers and by the law of the land."

"To no one will We sell, to no one will We deny or delay, right or justice."

Inspiration for Americans
During the American Revolution, Magna Carta served to inspire and justify action in liberty’s defense. The colonists believed they were entitled to the same rights as Englishmen, rights guaranteed in Magna Carta. They embedded those rights into the laws of their states and later into the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution ("no person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.") is a direct descendent of Magna Carta's guarantee of proceedings according to the "law of the land."

Yeah

Sauquoit, NY

#56 Jan 28, 2013
Refrigerator sat in the corner and hummed. This was done to annoy me. The room would be silent, I would just be falling asleep when…

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

What? I would enquire.

Nothinngngngngngngngngngngngng ngng.

Why do you do that, randomly make that noise?

It means I’m workingngngngngngngngng, came the reply.

After a while Refrigerator would randomly stop the humming.

Sometimes Refrigerator would start flicking the light on and off.

It was my fault, we had no privacy.

We lived in a house without a fourth wall, I had broken it early in the lease while drunk, exposing us to each other, the elements, the outside world and to anyone reading this story.

Is it a fridge or a real person? a reader asked.

I haven’t decided yet, the worried author typed unsure how this story got away from him so quickly.

I squeeze the pillow to my head in an effort to dampen the chatter. When I get too tired I forget things.

How this all started. My name.

“You’re a character,” my father would say when I was in trouble as a child.

You are a character typed the relieve author.

You are Character, he retyped as correction.

I’m Character I mumbled.
T. Purton
Yeah

Sauquoit, NY

#57 Jan 28, 2013
The dead had risen. They were coming down Main Street before anyone spotted them. The first scream should’ve been a warning, by the time I was at the window that scream became a chorus and I knew something terrible had happened.

Mind you, I was busy with my own problems.

I had been up half the night sand-bagging the house before coming to town to protect the shop. The flood waters hit around noon. Sandbags at front and back doors, the stock on tables and the electric pump running to bail out the water. My first mistake, the power went, so I was down to buckets and brooms to save the shop.

It was dusk when I heard the screams. The flood waters had come from the south of town through the cemetery, a cemetery that serves five counties.

Coffins are full of air, polished pine and oak makes for a fine sea going craft and sitting water softens freshly dug soil.

As the last month of funerals bobbed down Main Street, carried by rising flood waters, the Town of Resurrection gather at our windows to farewell them a final time, each worried that we would soon join the parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Luscious 6 hr truth is 5
Anyone want to make quick money? 10 hr Cool guy 3
Left Libertarian / Anarchist study group 12 hr Local 20
Alicia LaMora Jul 23 KDE101 1
We all have hopes and dreams do you? Jul 22 Bad Mamma 3
scumbags in norflk Jul 22 Told ya so.... 1
Any girls free for fun Jul 20 Please 1

Norwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance