Owner told Stoughton police: I want ...

Owner told Stoughton police: I want my dog back!

There are 212 comments on the www.patriotledger.com story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Owner told Stoughton police: I want my dog back!. In it, www.patriotledger.com reports that:

Janet Torren with her dog Shai, a 4-year-old Silky Yorkshire terrier, at her Rochester home on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.patriotledger.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Dog Officer

AOL

#1 Oct 21, 2009
Now, Stoughton's Police Dog Officer is stealing dogs. When does it end?
UNBLIEVABLE

Marshfield, MA

#2 Oct 21, 2009
I just saw it on the news, it just never ends. Please I'm begging the feds, do something for this town. It rots to the core!!!
seriously bothered

Marshfield, MA

#3 Oct 21, 2009
I just read the story! This is crazy! Now their stealing pets! When does it end? Funny how they never come to remove road kill that's on the street for days to weeks on end but they'll find your missing pet on the same day and give away to friends! Just another example of the "Good Ole Boys Network" continuing their reign of terrow on the citizens of Stoughton!
another slimeball

West Bridgewater, MA

#4 Oct 21, 2009
Your kidding me. The town pays her 40 thousand for part time work. She has a history of stealing and lieing which is why she fits right in with town politics. When are we going to start really screening people that we have to pay for? As far as respecting her she has not and will not ever deserve that. Just another arrogant slimeball on the payroll. Get rid of her and throw the book at her. Clearly there is something she should be charged with.Good riddens.
FIRE HER

AOL

#5 Oct 21, 2009
The Board of Selectmen should IMMEDIATELY fire her. She is a pure excuse for an animal officer.
French Toast

Uxbridge, MA

#6 Oct 21, 2009
Disgraceful, I hope she is fired immediatly!!!
Concerned citizen

Seattle, WA

#8 Oct 21, 2009
She should be fired immediately. And if i were the women who's dog it was, i would sue the town for emotional distress!!!!
unbelievable....
More Police Coverup

AOL

#9 Oct 21, 2009
woof

United States

#10 Oct 21, 2009
Who do these cops think they are? She steals a dog and then demands respect for it. arghh...
Barry

Boston, MA

#11 Oct 21, 2009
She was just helping out a friend in blue. They are better than you don't you realize that...Cops Rule!
Beantowne56

Quincy, MA

#12 Oct 21, 2009
I think the most important thing for an ACO is to have at least some common sense. I have had dealings with her in the past and it is my opinion that she lacks that critical trait. This does not surprise me at all.
dog lover

Holbrook, MA

#13 Oct 21, 2009
this woman needs to be fired asap. i am someone who owns a dog and this officer would be sorry to meet me if she tried to steal my dog. the town manager needs to step up and fire her or else he should look for a new job.
Another dog lover

South Weymouth, MA

#14 Oct 21, 2009
FIRE HER, ASAP!
interested

Brockton, MA

#15 Oct 21, 2009
'can tell you her dog was returned to her in good health on Oct. 1, Murphy said. The matter was handled professionally ' yesbigmama1 you are right DOES HE THINK BY SAYING THAT IT'S OK??
NO, IT'S NOT OK 'acting chief Murphy' YOU NEED TO DO THE RIGHTEOUS THING AND FIRE HER ASAP!!! SHE SHOULD NOT BE PLACED IN A POSITION OF TRUST AND MAKE ALMOST $40,000 per year. APPARENTLY CHANNEL 4 and 5 AGREE! BACKLASH FROM THE ARTICLE WILL MAKE THE CHOICE FOR YOU! MORE COVER UP AND CORRUPTION IN THE SPD!! Janet Torren is a VERY smart woman, and was meant to have SHAI!! THANK GOD FOR THE MEDIA!!!! FIRE HER ARSE!!! p.s. she is not an officer, but a civil servant!
Slap Happy

Avon, MA

#16 Oct 21, 2009
Nothing funny about this...!!! Shame on the SPD & Animal Control officer...! The Clowns smell a cover up soon!!!

--:(--
Appalled

Chelsea, MA

#17 Oct 21, 2009
The Town officials of Stoughton do not need to be told to get rid of this employee. The Town Manager now knows that this person's actions are basically criminal.
there should be forthcoming legal action taken against the Animal control Officer and I'm sure the Town will want to distance itself from her.
buddies

AOL

#18 Oct 21, 2009
ANOTHER example of "we can do whatever we chose and get away with it attitude" AND corruption between SPD cops and their friends who they protect.
REMEMBER, it is the CITIZENS of this town that pay you to protect US! We are SICK of the ABUSE, yet even with news stories of a federal investigation they are cocky enough to continue with their corruptive gang like activities. APPAULING!

Acting Ch.Murphy thinks this was handled professionally which highlights the fact that he is NOT fit for the job. Just one of the many good ole boys.
usual

Bridgewater, MA

#19 Oct 21, 2009
You would swear this animal control officer committed murder or something.If the dog owner is so smart as stated above, how did the dog get out of the house? Guess the dog is smarter than the owner.
Slap Happy

Holbrook, MA

#20 Oct 21, 2009
usual wrote:
You would swear this animal control officer committed murder or something.If the dog owner is so smart as stated above, how did the dog get out of the house? Guess the dog is smarter than the owner.
Yes,but I guess that the dog is also "smarter than the "Animal Control"officer...!!! Where does this all end???
virtueman

Bridgewater, MA

#21 Oct 21, 2009
usual wrote:
..........no she did not commit murder, she is just a NFG thief.
great set of ethics and morals you have though. no wonder Stoughton got to be such a cesspool of corruption, never have children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield police officer files complaint again... Feb 14 Cops are Degenerates 20
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton (May '16) Feb 12 krl781 7
News Stoughton sergeant guilty of attempted extortio... (Jul '07) Feb 4 REC-ME2 2,760
News Dem gubernatorial candidate Jay Gonzalez: State... Feb 1 Self abuse 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) Jan 28 Anonymous 27
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Jan 26 Carol white 11
ILKB norwood Jan '17 Jpringle 1

Norwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norwood Mortgages