Tony Bickerton picked up by Fed's last night..

Posted in the Norwood Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Just Curious

Hampstead, NH

#1 Jan 13, 2010
Tony B. was arrested by the Feds last night. Word is a few cops were also picked up, some right out of the station. Anyone hear which ones?
AntiClownBS

Stoughton, MA

#2 Jan 13, 2010
Wow. Seems you beat the press and the usual pundits. I'm sure it will explode soon.
Who was it

Stoughton, MA

#3 Jan 13, 2010
Was it Blount, Welch and Wolgomuth?
Scoop

AOL

#4 Jan 13, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
Tony B. was arrested by the Feds last night. Word is a few cops were also picked up, some right out of the station. Anyone hear which ones?
When you work at the SPD it is easy to have the inside scoop.
bye bye lil anthony

AOL

#5 Jan 13, 2010
Gee, thought it was a meeting of WTP on the Bickertons Street last night. After the feds arrested Tony it probably was the WTP there all hitting their ATM machines to raise bail. TOO FREAKIN FUNNY. He thought he'd get away with lying and blaming it all on Romerio. Right back at ya. Tony, the boyz are waiting for you in cell block. Dave told em your azz would love a piece. Wonder how many cops houses the feds have searched yet? The dump will be full and so will other towns when the cops are dumping all their stolen toys. Roseie, they must be able to connect the dots and find you in conspiracy with your husband. After all your track winning record wasn't for the one mile race. When are the FEDS going to smarten up and realize Murphy like Manny knew what his department was up to but closed his eyes and shut his mouth. That's the motto. Well, looks like when a few more go, the motto and the dirt will be changing. When will they start looking into the drugs with the SPD and family and friends, enough already about the stealing. Go for the whole shitz n caboodle. Any more out today on disability? Any mor abruptly resigning or leaving the states? Now, the SPD will be looking like bob head dolls. Maybe the mistresses of some will come clean with their stolen gifts to save their cheeks. Soap on a rope for a dope.
antiClownBS

Stoughton, MA

#6 Jan 13, 2010
Who was it wrote:
Was it Blount, Welch and Wolgomuth?
OMG that would be too funny. Thanks for the laugh though
Just Curious

Hampstead, NH

#7 Jan 13, 2010
Now if I worked at the SPD dont you think I would already know who else was arrested? Dumb Ass!!
Just gotta say

West Newton, MA

#8 Jan 13, 2010
HA HA!
stay tuned

Stoughton, MA

#9 Jan 13, 2010
Stoughton police chief welcomes investigation after former cop arrested by FBI

Search for:
In City or Town: Abington Acton All Allston Amesbury Arlington Ashland Assonet Avon Barnstable Bedford Bellingham Belmont Berkley Beverly Billerica Bolton Boston Bourne Boxborough Boxford, Holiday Hill Braintree Brewster Bridgewater Brighton Brockton, Campello Brookline Burlington Cambridge Canton Cape Cod Carver Chatham Chelmsford Clinton Cohasset Concord Daily News Transcript Daily News Tribune Danvers Dedham Dennis Dover Duxbury East Bridgewater Eastham Easton Enterprise Essex Fall River Falmouth Foxborough Framingham Franklin Georgetown Gloucester Halifax Hamilton Hanover Hanson Harvard Harwich Herald News Hingham Holbrook Holliston Hopedale Hopkinton Hudson Hull Ipswich Kingston Lakeville Lancaster Lexington Lincoln Littleton Malden Manchester Mansfield Marblehead Marion Marlboro Marlborough Marshfield Marstons Mills Mashpee Mattapoisett Maynard Medfield Medford Medway Melrose Mendon MetroWest Daily News Middleborough Middleton Milford Milford Daily News Millis Milton Natick Needham Newburyport Newton Norfolk North Andover North Attleboro Northborough Norton Norwell Norwood Orleans Patriot Ledger Pembroke Plainville Plymouth Plympton Provincetown Quincy Randolph Raynham Reading Rehoboth Rochester Rockland Rockport Roslindale Rowley Salem Sandwich Saugus Scituate Sharon Sherborn Shrewsbury Somerset Somerville Southborough Stoneham Stoughton Stow Sudbury Swampscott Swansea Taunton Taunton Daily Gazette Tewksbury Topsfield Truro Upton Wakefield Walpole Waltham Wareham Watertown Wayland Wellesley Wellfleet Wenham Westborough West Bridgewater Westford Weston Westport West Roxbury Westwood Weymouth Whitman Wilmington Winchester Woburn Wrentham Yarmouth
By Maureen Boyle
ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
Last update Jan 13, 2010 @ 11:00 AM
STOUGHTON — A former Stoughton police sergeant was arrested by FBI agents and is to appear in federal court today.

Anthony Bickerton, 60, who abruptly retired Sept. 11 after 30 years on the job, is set to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court on charges, according to a U.S. Attorney’s office spokesman.

The specific charges are to be released once he makes his court appearance.

Bickerton’s attorney, Joseph Krowski, said this morning his client was arrested last night by FBI agents.

Krowski said he was trying to learn what the case involved and what evidence, if any, federal authorities had gathered.

“From what I know, I don’t think there should be a case against him,” Krowski said.

Bickerton’s arrest comes after another former Stoughton police officer plead guilty to lying to an FBI agent as part of an ongoing probe.

That officer, Arlindo F. Romeiro, 37, of Stoughton, agreed to cooperate with federal investigators as part of a plea agreement. Romeiro is scheduled to be sentenced on April 8 on the single charge of making false statements to a federal agent. The charge carries a maximum of five years in federal prison, a $250,000 fine and three years probation.

Under the plea agreement, Romeiro agreed to provide “substantial assistance in the investigation or prosecution of another person who has committed a criminal offense.”

Acting Stoughton Police Chief Thomas Murphy said he was awaiting word on what the allegations are against Bickerton.

However, Murphy said his department welcomes the investigation.

“We wouldn’t tolerate criminal activity of any kind,” Murphy said.“If the FBI exposed that, we support that as professionals in law enforcement.”

He said the disclosures in court could also help end speculation in the community and bolster the morale of other officers on the force who work hard every day.

“This is closure for them and maybe they can be viewed as the good officers they are,” Murphy said.“I want all of the information out there.”
stay tuned

Stoughton, MA

#10 Jan 13, 2010

By Maureen Boyle
ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
Last update Jan 13, 2010 @ 11:00 AM
STOUGHTON — A former Stoughton police sergeant was arrested by FBI agents and is to appear in federal court today.

Anthony Bickerton, 60, who abruptly retired Sept. 11 after 30 years on the job, is set to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court on charges, according to a U.S. Attorney’s office spokesman.

The specific charges are to be released once he makes his court appearance.

Bickerton’s attorney, Joseph Krowski, said this morning his client was arrested last night by FBI agents.

Krowski said he was trying to learn what the case involved and what evidence, if any, federal authorities had gathered.

“From what I know, I don’t think there should be a case against him,” Krowski said.

Bickerton’s arrest comes after another former Stoughton police officer plead guilty to lying to an FBI agent as part of an ongoing probe.

That officer, Arlindo F. Romeiro, 37, of Stoughton, agreed to cooperate with federal investigators as part of a plea agreement. Romeiro is scheduled to be sentenced on April 8 on the single charge of making false statements to a federal agent. The charge carries a maximum of five years in federal prison, a $250,000 fine and three years probation.

Under the plea agreement, Romeiro agreed to provide “substantial assistance in the investigation or prosecution of another person who has committed a criminal offense.”

Acting Stoughton Police Chief Thomas Murphy said he was awaiting word on what the allegations are against Bickerton.

“We wouldn’t tolerate criminal activity of any kind,” Murphy said.“If the FBI exposed that, we support that as professionals in law enforcement.”

He said the disclosures in court could also help end speculation in the community and bolster the morale of other officers on the force who work hard every day.

“This is closure for them and maybe they can be viewed as the good officers they are,” Murphy said.“I want all of the information out there.”
idiot

Stoughton, MA

#11 Jan 13, 2010

Be careful what you ask for murphy. Closure my ass. This is not the end how can there be closure. You cant possibly be that stupid.
Murphy YOU LIAR

AOL

#12 Jan 13, 2010
You have been lying and protected that department for years now. You dirty son of a biatch. Wouldn't tolerate criminal activity of any kind? So you are saying false arrests, stealing, drug use, drug deals, covering up for friends and family members is not criminal activity. You BEST BETTER put on your THINKING CAP. How many people went to you complaining and you CHOSE to do NOTHING. I hope the other officers that you claim work hard don't follow your lead and HIDE in their OFFICE. You actually had the nerve to file a grievence because you aren't one of the finalists for the chiefs job. Are you for real? You claim you still have a few strings to pull to try to get you that position. The only string I forsee you pulling is the noose around your neck you helped the members of the SPD put there. You are a DISGRACE. I hope and pray they tie you into all this corruption just like they did Manny. You are so deserving of it.
prince spaghetti

AOL

#13 Jan 13, 2010
ANTHONY where are you? Today is Wednesday prince spaghetti day and we wanted to bringa you a nica bowla pasta to go witha some nica vintage wine with your cheese. You better shape up and come clean for a lesser sentence. You had your channce and blew it. Thank God for Romeiro he did come clean. I hope he takes at least four more down too. What Romerio did was wrong and criminal but many of us feel he is paying back the town by ratting out all the dirt on the department. Hopefully he will not stop with just you. Use your head, turn states evidence NOW and then again would they believe you where you already perjured yourself? Enjoy your day. WE WILL. Just think thanks to you and the rest of the THUGS the SPD might be able to stay within their budget. They won't have to lay any cops off, they'll be criminally convicted one by one. Did you kiss your criminal wife bye when they cuffed you? Were those handcuffs the same kind you slapped on innocent people during your career? Were they the fur lined ones some of the badge bunnies so like? Enquiring minds want to know.
YEAH

Brockton, MA

#14 Jan 13, 2010
What a lying POS!Check out shade's site & read the report from the FBI investigator. I hope they fry his a**!!!!!!!!
The Welshman

Stoughton, MA

#15 Jan 13, 2010
An amazing thing, the writers that have the nastiest comments, don't have the intelligence to use their spell check. Half of the comments are from police officers, the other half are from Murphy's people. Ignorance is never an excuse for stupidity.
spell check

AOL

#16 Jan 13, 2010
With all the shitz finally goin down in the SPD do you honestly think me or anyone gives a RATS azz about spelling. You obviously are getting the messages we are sending loud and clear. Spell check your name if you are a member of the SPD or WTP.
unreal

AOL

#17 Jan 13, 2010
You tard do you actually think Blount, would be involved in this SPD shitz? The only thing I ever heard wrong about Welch is he screwed around on his wife. Like OMG is he the only cop that did that? The other cop you mentioned I don't know. But I do know there will be more going down sooner than later. Keep up your SPD or WTP or BOS nonsense see where it will get you. Denial that's all you will keep getting from all this corrupt SPD DIRT.
WOW

Stoughton, MA

#18 Jan 13, 2010
check out snydersstoughton.com for the FBI Documents, it's crazy!!!!
antiClownBS

Stoughton, MA

#19 Jan 13, 2010
unreal.......pretty sure that was a JOKE! Whose the tard?
unreal wrote:
You tard do you actually think Blount, would be involved in this SPD shitz? The only thing I ever heard wrong about Welch is he screwed around on his wife. Like OMG is he the only cop that did that? The other cop you mentioned I don't know. But I do know there will be more going down sooner than later. Keep up your SPD or WTP or BOS nonsense see where it will get you. Denial that's all you will keep getting from all this corrupt SPD DIRT.
Carma is a bitch

Hyde Park, MA

#20 Jan 13, 2010
bye bye lil anthony wrote:
Gee, thought it was a meeting of WTP on the Bickertons Street last night. After the feds arrested Tony it probably was the WTP there all hitting their ATM machines to raise bail. TOO FREAKIN FUNNY. He thought he'd get away with lying and blaming it all on Romerio. Right back at ya. Tony, the boyz are waiting for you in cell block. Dave told em your azz would love a piece. Wonder how many cops houses the feds have searched yet? The dump will be full and so will other towns when the cops are dumping all their stolen toys. Roseie, they must be able to connect the dots and find you in conspiracy with your husband. After all your track winning record wasn't for the one mile race. When are the FEDS going to smarten up and realize Murphy like Manny knew what his department was up to but closed his eyes and shut his mouth. That's the motto. Well, looks like when a few more go, the motto and the dirt will be changing. When will they start looking into the drugs with the SPD and family and friends, enough already about the stealing. Go for the whole shitz n caboodle. Any more out today on disability? Any mor abruptly resigning or leaving the states? Now, the SPD will be looking like bob head dolls. Maybe the mistresses of some will come clean with their stolen gifts to save their cheeks. Soap on a rope for a dope.
My family member, who has been harrassed by Romeiro and each and every Stoughton cop who has resigned and/or been arrested, was sentenced yesterday....he has a nice cozy bed in his cell available to the first of Stoughtons finest who walks through the door. Carma is something else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First visit to Topix....not impressed May 4 kck408 1
Help Local Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger on ... Apr 24 JeanBHall 1
Help Local Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger on ... Apr 24 JeanBHall 1
electricians (Jan '06) Apr 23 kody 6
EVELYN HOUSE-Prospect St (Feb '11) Apr 7 justme13 30
Poll dionkie blows (Aug '13) Apr '15 Truth 350
Poll Who Are You Voting For In The Selectmen's Race? Mar '15 Stoughton Poll 0
More from around the web

Norwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE