Norwich Jewish Center trashed by vandals

Norwich Jewish Center trashed by vandals

There are 25 comments on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Norwich Jewish Center trashed by vandals. In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

“My estimate of damages would be in the tens of thousands of dollars.”

By Jim Wright jwright@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin The Federal Bureau of Investigation joined the Norwich Police Department and the New York State Police today in an investigation of what city Police ... via Press & Sun-Bulletin

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Katie Mallrobe

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I know the three boys who did this and am not surprized they are three normal kids who just have a lack of control and discipline . they behave poorly in school unless they are with a teacher who is demanding and will not take their bull shit. i have a feeling that they are mentally retarded!
No Name

Oneonta, NY

#2 Apr 24, 2008
I go to school with the three boys that did this, and all of this people are saying how bad these kids are in school and how they must be mentally retarded, now to me whatever they did they don't deserve this kind of judgement from grown adults that don't even know how the three boys act in school. I agree what they did to the jewish center was a terrible thing and obviously it wasn't right to, but is it right to call them retarded when you don't even know the boys? I think not, now I may only be 13 years young but I don't go around calling people retarded. People make a lot of bad choices and everyone does, not just the boys that did this EVERYONE does; now this might be waaaaaaay over hand but calling them retarded is just not acceptable, and it's not nice either. I mean one of the boys that did this is vice president of the school, what does that tell you? These boys should definatly pay the time for doing the crime, I agree 100% about that. Thanks for listening!
Courtney Coleman

Norwich, NY

#3 May 7, 2008
I also, like many others, go to school with the three who did this, and I think that they shouldn't be tried as adults in this case. Now, yes, they have behavioral problems, but this situation shouldn't be handled lightly, because this could traumatize the boys, and make them commit more and worse crimes when they are older. They SHOULD be left alone, but on probation otherwise.
Marinda Hill

Norwich, NY

#4 May 7, 2008
As well as all of the other,i go to shool with the three boys who did this, i think that one of them should be put in a prison or something like that we don't need people like this on the streets of Norwich.
Boy Scout

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 7, 2008
I read the piece and didn't see anything about 3 kids, can ya'll enlighten us and have ya'll all called the police and turned them in? It's a crime to know such and stay silent, but it is also a greater crime to see reverse discrimination and do nothing about it--as the laws of our lands are not allowing discussions of such, fearful of the realities.
Boy Scout

Atlanta, GA

#6 May 7, 2008
In other words, these very impressionable kids must be taught such, wheather by the ones they feel are to blame or by adults they know--maybe older kids and who knows else.

Kids can be pressed to do things and never understand and any adults with any common sense will know that, just as an psychiatrists or psychologists.

The Jews do bring a lot of hate on themselves--as they were kicked out of all of Europe at one time. Now some of you and the Jews themselves can dismiss the truth, but without all the truth and proof, you may be starting ww3 in NY, from just this case.
PUDDYTAT

Lady Lake, FL

#7 May 28, 2008
No Name wrote:
I go to school with the three boys that did this, and all of this people are saying how bad these kids are in school and how they must be mentally retarded, now to me whatever they did they don't deserve this kind of judgement from grown adults that don't even know how the three boys act in school. I agree what they did to the jewish center was a terrible thing and obviously it wasn't right to, but is it right to call them retarded when you don't even know the boys? I think not, now I may only be 13 years young but I don't go around calling people retarded. People make a lot of bad choices and everyone does, not just the boys that did this EVERYONE does; now this might be waaaaaaay over hand but calling them retarded is just not acceptable, and it's not nice either. I mean one of the boys that did this is vice president of the school, what does that tell you? These boys should definatly pay the time for doing the crime, I agree 100% about that. Thanks for listening!
Norwich has always persecuted the poor and unconnected . The paper is out to sell paper and it's greatest base is Liberal.
PUDDYTAT

Lady Lake, FL

#8 May 28, 2008
Marinda Hill wrote:
As well as all of the other,i go to shool with the three boys who did this, i think that one of them should be put in a prison or something like that we don't need people like this on the streets of Norwich.
If he is a child , why does it make sense to put him in prison rather than give him an education and constructive influence... that will give him a sense of accomplishment ... that the children of poor and unconnected parents won't normally get from your public schools ?

They need to be producing productive citizens every year with the Tax money ... not just a handful of "YUPPIES".
No Name

Oneonta, NY

#9 Aug 6, 2008
I think these kids are very wierd. Even after the Jewish Center was vandilized I see one of those kids every day at the YMCA. If I got in trouble like that I wouldn't be able to do anything tell I probaly moved out of my parents house when I am aloud to like 16 or 18. At the YMCA I sometimes feel really wierd by him and walk away. That makes me feel a lot better. Hope parents make better desions.
lorenzo roman

Norwich, NY

#10 Oct 28, 2008
I am bestfriend with one of the three and i completley disagree with everything that you guys are saying about him. I think that he shouldn't be described using the word "retarded". Although i know what he did was wrong, i don't think that he should be judged by full grown adults who know nothing about him and only go by what they hear on the tv, paper, and/or radio. I know its a few months after the incidence but i know other people still look at this because i still did, but if you were to look at them now you would never know that they would have done this.

-thanx for listening
Anoni Mus Justice

Camillus, NY

#11 Oct 28, 2008
you are all idiots and probably racists too
do you hear yourselves?
jordan luke

Seattle, WA

#12 May 15, 2009
i think that every that is commentin this exspecally courty should shut the hell p cuz u dont even no these kids and ur talking trash i think they are amazing kids that play sports and everything for example one of them perticipats on the football team every year and the one of the other is on the basketball team every year and is one of the leading scorers and the other is amazing at xbox 360
mike frances

Seattle, WA

#13 May 15, 2009
every shut up if u dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all it was a mistake wow every makes mistakes it just happens to be tha mine was biger then most mistakes sorry im rele rele sorry and actually i think that person thats one the b-ball teams every year is me
Anonymous

Oneonta, NY

#14 Jul 8, 2009
I too live in the great city of Norwich and was deeply hurt after the devistation of the Jewish Center. I feel that the boys got off way to easy and spoke my mind about this. I wrote a letter to the judge after the vandizam and felt this was wrong. I worked closey with the center and even with the county and state to find historical information on the building. Low and behold I found information. I have given presentations to locals and even sent this to the state to help with repairs.
Bob

San Francisco, CA

#15 Jul 12, 2009
Holly cow, can you all go back and read you're posts please (spell check). I think everyone here should concentrate on getting an education and forget about what happened. Sounds like a bunch of uneducated backwoods hillbillies here.
agreeable

Oneonta, NY

#16 Aug 3, 2009
I totally agree with Bob!!!! Mike you claim to be educated, you were the one who was the worse speller. All three of you are old enough to know what you did and know it was wrong. No these boys are not retarded, they knew exactly what they were doing. Mike I know you family and the way you are raised, it is sad. Tell Carlos to get a job and be a role model to you and your brother, spend more time with you, guide you. God people why is it so hard to parent?
chris moices

Norwich, NY

#17 Mar 1, 2010
haters
unknown

Norwich, NY

#18 Nov 19, 2010
Katie Mallrobe wrote:
I know the three boys who did this and am not surprized they are three normal kids who just have a lack of control and discipline . they behave poorly in school unless they are with a teacher who is demanding and will not take their bull shit. i have a feeling that they are mentally retarded!
Anyone who who thinks they know these kids and say what Katie said about them surely does not know these boys.They made a bad choice. They are good kids.

Since: Jul 10

UK

#19 Dec 14, 2010
Anoni Mus Justice wrote:
you are all idiots and probably racists too
do you hear yourselves?
I can hear myself, how about you?

Since: Jul 10

UK

#20 Dec 14, 2010
God, I am only here cos of topix thinking I am in the states...... Your town sounds sick. Say again sick. People trash the Jewish centre and they are just kids? Just little old home grown Nazis? Well that's all right then isn't it. Nice to see you Oxford no, and I will pass it on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kuhn's Equipment Repair (Jun '12) 6 hr Family 2
uninformed 15 hr Frank 2
Brian Harper (Jan '10) May 20 curious 11
head up on the railroad from carthage to newto... (Nov '13) May 8 delbert maybe bha... 67
News Lewis County Legislators still concerned about ... May 6 the truth 2
Fowler kid Apr '15 Better hide now 15
Hot summer Apr '15 flim 2
More from around the web

Norwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]