where are the points of interest in N...

where are the points of interest in Norwich ?

Posted in the Norwich Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
visitor

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2012
I will be visiting soon

Since: Feb 10

Clermont, FL

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Historical society on Rexford St. Also, auto museum, same street.
visitor

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Any state parks,summer events,nature trails,etc.?
yearight

Smithville Flats, NY

#4 May 17, 2012
NONE
out of towner

Southbridge, MA

#5 May 23, 2012
Come on, there has to be more than 2 places !
ohyouknowww

Smithville Flats, NY

#6 May 23, 2012
Nope, unless you wanna count going to Denny's on the weekend to make fun of the pigs dancing at the karaoke bar
out of towner

Albany, NY

#7 May 26, 2012
Any good bars in norwich? Ill be staying for a week, i have to keep myself entertained. Any good pickup bars ?
ohyouknowww

Smithville Flats, NY

#8 May 26, 2012
Nope nothing
harry callahan

Holden, MA

#9 May 27, 2012
There has to be something in Norwich thats exciting !
ohyouknowww

Smithville Flats, NY

#10 May 27, 2012
Nope not at all, everything closes around 9 p.m and the bars (the Tavern and Denny)are filled with white trash townies... the only decent bar is the Blarney Stone Pub.
out of towner

Worcester, MA

#11 May 28, 2012
Sounds like Norwich is boring
out of town drunk

Boston, MA

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Is Beadels still there ?
norwichnative

Norwich, NY

#13 Oct 16, 2012
out of towner wrote:
Any good bars in norwich? Ill be staying for a week, i have to keep myself entertained. Any good pickup bars ?
Absolutely, During the Summer months head up to the Canasawacta Country Club, play a round of golf and then enjoy the beautiful bar/ lounge in the club house. there is also a great Iris pub in town called the Blarney Stone Pub. Great atmosphere, doesnt get the rif raf that Dennys does!
norwichnative

Norwich, NY

#14 Oct 16, 2012
out of towner wrote:
Sounds like Norwich is boring
There are lots of great activities, especially through the summer. Antique Car Road show, Blues Fest, Chenango County Fair, Gus Macker Weekend, Pumpkin Fest, Colorscape, Parade of Lights, and that is just to name a few. Check out the local paper for current events @ www.evesun.com
norwichnative

Norwich, NY

#16 Oct 16, 2012
yearight wrote:
NONE
Being that you are from Earlville there is the possibility that you simply dont know the answer to Visitor form Hartford NY. There are state parks all around in Chenango County, Rogers Center for one. There is also they Finger lakes trail that comes through and is a popular hiking trail. There are many many summer events (I cant even remember them all) Blues Fest has to be one of the most popular, Gus macker is huge, and we got a new Wine fest this year too! I can go on and on...
2_TRUE_4_U

Clermont, FL

#17 Oct 16, 2012
"YOU MUST NEVER GO THERE SIMBA"
out of towner

Quincy, MA

#18 Oct 18, 2012
Thank u for your useful info.
hopeful visitor

United States

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Norwich sounds like a wonderful & friendly place to me! I always take my vacation in Autumn, usually October. Could anyone tell me approximatly when the fall colors are at their peak? Id like to visit (maybe help?) a place that taps trees& makes syrup. Is that even done in the fall? lol idk! But my vacation "must have" is a stable w horses to lease or offer trail rides. i appreciate any info you can give me! thank u!
future tourist

New York, NY

#20 May 26, 2013
Norwich looks so beautiful driving thru on my way to Binghamton.Next time I will make it a point to stop and visit.
Anonymous

South New Berlin, NY

#22 Oct 15, 2014
There is a nature trail in Norwich, NY. It's called the Chenango Greenway Conservancy Trail. It's a little bit hard to find at first. I like the section you enter by going to Weiler Park near Borden Ave. After you get to the park you follow the fence that leads by the Borden Ave apartment buildings, then walk to the right crossing over the old train tracks into an old parking lot. It is going to look like there is nothing here, but keep walking. You will see a pump house for the City wells, if you walk past this going left there is a trail at the tree line. The first time I went here I almost gave up because I really didn't see where there could possibly be a trail. This trail takes you next to the river and there are several different trails that branch off. The Chenango Greenway Conservancy is all volunteer based and they've done alot of work to make the trail nice, it's just a bit hard to find and not very many people seem to know about it yet. There is another section of the trail on Hosback Trail in Norwich, NY. You go down this road and you'll see an old train bridge. You walk over it and take a few steps and you'll see the path on the left. But remember to look on the left hand side of the woods or you'll miss it completely. You'll keep walking like I did thinking your on the correct trail and it will end abruptly. For more information Chenango Greenway Conservancy has a facebook page, you don't have to be a facebook member look at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
uninformed Jun 10 dragonslayer 8
News Lewis County Legislators still concerned about ... Jun 4 help 6
Kuhn's Equipment Repair (Jun '12) May '15 Family 2
Brian Harper (Jan '10) May '15 curious 11
head up on the railroad from carthage to newto... (Nov '13) May '15 delbert maybe bha... 67
Fowler kid Apr '15 Better hide now 15
Hot summer Apr '15 flim 2
More from around the web

Norwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Norwich Mortgages