Widow sues cement hauler over husband...

Widow sues cement hauler over husband's 2006 death

There are 1 comment on the Des Moines Register story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Widow sues cement hauler over husband's 2006 death. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

“They knew, or should have known, that they had previous problems with this alarm”

The widow of a state roads inspector who was killed by a cement truck more than a year ago is suing the Norwalk concrete hauler she blames for her husband's death. via Des Moines Register

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

Bob

Des Moines, IA

#1 Apr 18, 2008
Quote form the DSM democrat I mean register..."Crabtree’s widow, Robin, is seeking an unspecified amount of money to compensate for her husband’s present and future earnings, funeral expenses and the emotional loss. News of her husband’s death, she said, hit “like a knife in the gut.”

“The only closure this will bring me is to hopefully make some difference out there on those job sites,” she said in an interview."

--Nice, unspecified amount of money, how is her getting rich going to help make a difference on the job sites, is she going to use the money she gets to help companies train/upgrade their alarm systems? Whatever happened to something being a horrible accident? Why does closure have to equal getting rich? It says she is suing for present/future earnings, so what if her husband had lost control of his car and died that night on the freeway coming home how is there any way to prove he would have earned an income after that dreadful day? And then we come to emotional loss...come on... weep and mourn then get over it, people die, nobody lives forever, how is her loss any more important than the next persons??? What makes her emotional loss worth more than someone else's and how do you put a value on that, I would like to see that payout matrix?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
christians helped elect the ANTICHRIST Jun 13 US Army Vet 2
News Tama Mayor Zimmerman to resign post- Council me... Jun 13 guest 1
News Meredith Cuts 20 Jobs (Apr '10) Jun 9 Lou 8
News APNewsBreak: Grassley says VA lied about Iowa w... Jun 6 RustyS 2
News Cellphone video depicts nasty brawl unfolding a... Jun 5 MsObvious 1
@@(.R ox y Bulk!!)@@ (Oct '15) Jun 3 Desmoinesdelivery 4
Need H in a bad way Jun 2 Sick boy 1

Norwalk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance