Veterans Critical Of Honors -- Courant.com

Full story: Hartford Courant

Some local veterans are criticizing upcoming honors for an Army private killed in Iraq, saying other Norwalk residents received less attention for giving their lives for their country in previous wars.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Disgusted

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

It's really sad that there even has to be any bickering about the honors bestowed on this gentleman who was killed at war. But I think I can read between the lines. He is probably looked at as another hispanic from Brooklyn so who cares that he died serving the so called great USA. I think the veterans who are complaining because they feel there are others who deserve more recognition should be ashamed of themselves. Regardless they all died serving their country so what makes one better than the other. If this is how the city and/or state wish to honor them then so be it. Stop your whining and be a true veteran and help in honoring one of your fallen brothers regardless of his race. You can see the bigotry right through you, you are just calling it something else. SHAME ON YOU!!!! To Pvt. Perez's family God Bless you and honor your son because he deserves it.
M J Scully usn ret wwii

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

The veterans are right
Snickersnee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

I find it difficult to believe that the veteran community in Norwalk let 60 years go by in the case of MOH awardee McGrath and 40 in the case of Shea without some tangible civic recognition. If that is the case, then the fault here lies in the mirror -- right, vets?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Norwalk Discussions

Search the Norwalk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Brooklyn DuPris-Starr Jul 16 Dr Joe Revis Phd 3
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 16 Go Blue Forever 141
Why is Iowa so liberal? (Nov '12) Jul 15 Former New Englander 22
Men nabbed in asphalt scam to appear in court M... (Aug '08) Jul 13 Be aware 23
Anyone know JEFFREY RICH Scam around the DES MO... (Apr '09) Jul 10 No more scams 11
Man charged in fatal home invasion Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 1
Restaurant Delivery in Des Moines/Metro Jun 28 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
Norwalk Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Norwalk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000