Norwalk Emergency Shelter

Norwalk Emergency Shelter

Posted in the Norwalk Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
CT lady

Providence, RI

#1 Nov 13, 2010
A letter was sent to Governor Rell and to Mayor Moccia about corruption occurring at the shelter. (Staff corruption it alleges.) By a very brave young lady. (Not me). She stayed there for three years and alleges 10 million dollars was embezzled by staff. She also writes of abuse of clients and thefts by staff, drug and alcohol use by staff, and much more.
the truth

East Moriches, NY

#3 Nov 13, 2010
who stays at a shelter for 3 years? well I'll tell you who doesn't stay at a shelter for 3 years; a credible witness!

what, exactly, is the operating budget of the norwalk shelter, that nobody misses $10 million over 3 years?

seriously, let's do the math...let's say that they get by with stealing 20 percent without anybody noticing, except some homeless woman

so if $10 million is roughly 20 percent of their money over 3 years, then their budget must be around $50 million, over 3 years

$50 million, divided by 3 is @$16.67 million

are you telling me that the norwalk shelter has an operating budget of $16.67 million per year?

and that's assuming that the staff is getting away with 20 percent, while nobody notices...except for that homeless woman

if they're getting away with less that 20 percent, that means that the operating budget is even higher

I don't really know what their budget is, but I find it hard to believe it's that high...maybe you should break out a calculator before you write any more letters

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 13, 2010
the truth wrote:
who stays at a shelter for 3 years? well I'll tell you who doesn't stay at a shelter for 3 years; a credible witness!
what, exactly, is the operating budget of the norwalk shelter, that nobody misses $10 million over 3 years?
seriously, let's do the math...let's say that they get by with stealing 20 percent without anybody noticing, except some homeless woman
so if $10 million is roughly 20 percent of their money over 3 years, then their budget must be around $50 million, over 3 years
$50 million, divided by 3 is @$16.67 million
are you telling me that the norwalk shelter has an operating budget of $16.67 million per year?
and that's assuming that the staff is getting away with 20 percent, while nobody notices...except for that homeless woman
if they're getting away with less that 20 percent, that means that the operating budget is even higher
I don't really know what their budget is, but I find it hard to believe it's that high...maybe you should break out a calculator before you write any more letters
PERFECT RECORD YOU HAVE PROVEN ON EACH AND EVERY POST THAT YOU ARE AN IMBECILE..DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SHAME.
the truth

Fremont, CA

#5 Nov 13, 2010
Niikk wrote:
<quoted text>PERFECT RECORD YOU HAVE PROVEN ON EACH AND EVERY POST THAT YOU ARE AN IMBECILE..DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SHAME.
]How could I have any shame I have had enemas shoved up my ass for the purpose of having a black man do me.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 14, 2010
CT lady wrote:
A letter was sent to Governor Rell and to Mayor Moccia about corruption occurring at the shelter.(Staff corruption it alleges.) By a very brave young lady.(Not me). She stayed there for three years and alleges 10 million dollars was embezzled by staff. She also writes of abuse of clients and thefts by staff, drug and alcohol use by staff, and much more.
Who cares?
You left out all your fantastic gangs-talking bogeymen-gremlins, their green lasers and Latin king motorcycle jackets carrying machetes; following you around in ‘hordes’ of cars with soccer ball decals. The cat-shaving part was cute too!
Please spare us from any more of your fourth-person hoaxtard horse-slobber nonsense.
It’s not going to work anymore!

Have a nice day.
the truth

East Moriches, NY

#7 Nov 15, 2010
Niikk wrote:
<quoted text>PERFECT RECORD YOU HAVE PROVEN ON EACH AND EVERY POST THAT YOU ARE AN IMBECILE..DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SHAME.
couldn't follow along with the math there, eh niikktard? whyusomad, run out of tampons again?
CT lady

Providence, RI

#8 Nov 15, 2010
I did not write the letter. Google Norwalk Emergency Shelter and you will find it for yourself. I did not add the writer's name as it is confidential who is staying in a shelter.

Some of the ztaff there are very good people indeed; however, some should not be working with people at all.

As to timing, one guy has been there over 17 years. Once you get in that place, if you are not disabled, and even if you are lucky enough to find a job, the rents in Norwalk are prohibitive.
CT lady

Providence, RI

#9 Nov 15, 2010
Allegedly the 10 million was stolen over a long period of years.
CT lady

Providence, RI

#10 Nov 18, 2010
Just received an email that the job of Executive Director of NES is now open. Pair that with the opening for a Director of Facility manager.....hmmmm
Niikk

Windsor, CT

#11 Nov 18, 2010
I did not write the letter. Google Norwalk Emergency Shelter and you will find it for yourself. I did not add the writer's name as it is confidential who is staying in a shelter.

Some of the ztaff there are very good people indeed; however, some should not be working with people at all.

As to timing, one guy has been there over 17 years. Once you get in that place, if you are not disabled, and even if you are lucky enough to find a job, the rents in Norwalk are prohibitive

IT IS CLEAR THAT SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN DENMARK. THE PROBLEM WITH MOST EMERGENCY SHELTERS IS LAX OVERSIGHT AND THERE ARE INDIVIDUALS COMING OUT OF REHAB, HALF-WAY HOUSES AND PRISON TERMS, MANY WHO HAVE JUST BEEN AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. IF THOSE INDIVIDUALS HAD HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES AS PRIVALEGED WHITE PEOPLE, MANY WOULD BE MULTI-MILLIONAIRES INSTEAD OF LIVING ON SKID-ROW!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 18, 2010
I SEE I AM BEING FAKED AGAIN..THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR POSTS SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF OTHERS...YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THE TRUTH HURTS...BUT SLUT YOU DO NOT EVEN DO A GOOD JOB FAKING ME AS YOU ARE TO STUPID.BUT THAT YOU FOR THE FAKE AS IT IS A COMPLIMENT WHEN ONE FAKES YOU.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 Nov 18, 2010
CT lady wrote:
Allegedly the 10 million was stolen over a long period of years.
How do we know you are not the embezzler who then fled to Providence?
Why don’t you ‘Hmmm’ that that song for awhile!
CT lady

Providence, RI

#14 Nov 19, 2010
to HS- Well the Executor Director has just resigned as has the manager of daily operations.

If I have any ten million dollars, I sure would not be here! You make ridiculous comments.

What I observed when I was there, and was told by some staff, was that many people received checks (say 1200 a month) and were given an allowance of say-$20 a week. The rest was "banked" with the Shelter staff being the payee. One friend of mine received a letter saying her social security check had been moved to another bank......ahe never authorized it.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#15 Nov 19, 2010
CT lady wrote:
to HS- Well the Executor Director has just resigned as has the manager of daily operations.
If I have any ten million dollars, I sure would not be here! You make ridiculous comments.
What I observed when I was there, and was told by some staff, was that many people received checks (say 1200 a month) and were given an allowance of say-$20 a week. The rest was "banked" with the Shelter staff being the payee. One friend of mine received a letter saying her social security check had been moved to another bank......ahe never authorized it.
`
How would any part of the operation of Norwalk Emergency (Open Door) Shelter be any of your business? What do you think you are going to accomplish by hoaxing? Who do you think you are? Carrie Nation? You need to stop whining about how unfairly you were treated when you were there and get on with your life. You may be fortunate to have gotten out of there, no matter how you did it. Meanwhile, why don’t you spend some of your vengeance time counting your blessings! Of course, if you miss being so miserable staying there, remember, Providence R.I. is only about 150 miles from Norwalk, CT.

Have a nice day!
the truth

East Moriches, NY

#16 Nov 19, 2010
no $hit

how long have you been out of there? yet you still continue to post about it? not to mention still in contact with people that are there...after how many years??? move on with your life already
CT lady

Providence, RI

#17 Nov 20, 2010
The letter appears on Jodi Rell's website. A single woman with children wrote the letter. Of course I care about the Shelter- I still have friends there and staff I care about and keep in touch with.
CT lady

Providence, RI

#18 Nov 20, 2010
All messages are published with permission of the sender. The general topic of this message is Budget:
Subject:
Norwalk Emergency Shelter, DBA The Open Door Shelter
To:
Governor M. Jodi Rell
November 12, 2010
Dear Governor Jodi Rell,
I am sending you this e-mail, because you cared enough to help me with my personal issues, and I am so thankful to you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so.
I thank the Almighty GOD for a woman like you being in office, doing the right things, and caring for the people. So I wanted to share this passage of scripture with you:
1.Ecclesiastes 5:8 If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.
You are the woman who helps the poor, and I am so thankful for you. And that is the reason I am sending you this e-mail. The Norwalk Emergency Shelter should be a place of interest, because over a period of years,$10,000,000.00 dollars has gone missing under the Direction of Ms. Carol Antonez, Mrs. Izora Ebron, Mr. Frank Conceptione, and Ms. Sharon Boyd, and there may be a few others involved. I know this because it was brought to my attention during the time that I lived there, but I could not do anything or tell anyone because they would have thrown my children and me out.
Also there is a serious level abuse, theft of donations, drug, and alchohol abuse with the staff, and clients. There is also staff client relationships going on as well. I was involved with one of the staff members, who no longer work there, and this goes on often.
CT lady

Providence, RI

#19 Nov 20, 2010
So I pray that you will care enough to do an investigation through an outside agency, where the staff and clients are drug, and alchohol tested often, and there cars searched before they leave work. One woman Ms. Dora Flowers takes big bags of donations to her car every Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednsday morning before she leaves work. And the staff verbally abuse the clients and their children on a daily basis.
I am praying that there is something you can do to help, also Christmas, and other holidays are when the staff do the most stealing from needy families. Please I beg you, if there is anything you can do to help. I have also written Mayor Richard Moccia a letter, which you will find a copy of below:
In my closing I want to thank you again for really caring about the poor in Connecticut. May GOD bless you, your family, and all those who work with you in your edeavor to make Connecticut a better place to live for all. I send you all love and blessings.
CT lady

Providence, RI

#20 Nov 20, 2010
(Dear Mayor Richard A. Moccia,)
I am writing you because I really feel like you care about the city of Norwalk, and the people who live there, and I do too.
So I will get right to the point: I am a single mother who was residing at the Open Door Shelter, which was formerly The Norwalk Emergency Shelter. It is my sincere thought that a full scale investigation be done, if this area of south Norwalk is to improve.
I want to share with you the things that I witnessed, and experienced while I was there. I was there for three years with no help, or improvement of the quality of life. The Staff made my life and the lives of my children a living hell, literally, until I gave serious thought as to what, and why.
I will start with why: Most of the staff is alcohol, and drug abusers, but many of these things are hidden and covered up when addressed, and challenged. I witnessed the senior staff member sending a client to buy beer from the liquor store, and another female staff sitting directly in front of the shelter smoking marijuana in her car, and other staff male and female stealing donation, and carrying them to their cars especially during the holidays leaving clients with water ever they did not steal.
This happens in a major way during Christmas time, they even go as far as filling out Christmas list for former clients who will never receive these gifts. I know these things because one of the staff members asked me to personally put things on my Christmas list for them and their family, she was crying because although she was working she still was not able to provide gifts for her family, and I felt so bad that I did it for her, because I know what it feels like not to be able to give your children nothing for Christmas, I still bare that pain in my heart.
And another Christmas is coming with me wondering if I will be able to give my children anything. I said all of that to say this: I know it was the wrong thing to do, but that pain was there, and I wanted to prevent her from feeling the pain that I felt, and still feel. I pray that you will hear my cry, and prevent South Norwalk from the people who rob, and steal because they have a problem.
They tell lies on the clients, and there is a serious level of verbal abuse, cursing, and name calling as if the people who reside there haven't been through enough. It is my firm opinion that they fix it where the people cannot even lift their heads. I know because I was one of those people, until they did me the favor of putting me out, which was a blessing in disguise, because I no longer have to fear them putting me out because I am blowing the whistle on them.
If South Norwalk is going to change it has to start with that shelter. Also there is a serious misuse of power, and I am begging if it is in your power to do anything please help the clients that reside at the shelter in the name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST!
I do thank you in advance, and look forward to hearing from you in the future regarding any changes that you may be able to make. Also I think it should start with the investigation, of Ms. Carol Antonetz who has allegedly taken over ten million dollars over the years, and during the course of her employment as the director of the Open Door Shelter.
In my closing I would like to also say that there are others that will attest to what I am saying, but fear of being put out of the shelter may stop them from talking.
Sincerely

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 Nov 20, 2010
CT lady wrote:
The letter appears on Jodi Rell's website. A single woman with children wrote the letter. Of course I care about the Shelter- I still have friends there and staff I care about and keep in touch with.
`
So what?
`
First you wrote that the letter was sent to Gov. Jodi Rell. Now you say it 'appears' on the governor of the state of Connecticut's website.
`
The governor of the state of Connecticut does not operate any website. The letter you copied and pasted (again) onto this forum can be found among many others to Gov. Jodi Rell on a “nonpartisan news and information web site” entitled Congress.org !
`
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userl...
`
Anyone using any made-up name with a computer linked to the web can post this kind of hearsay opinion to that web site. That means it has as much validity as any letter-to-the-editor addressed to anyone else placed on any website.
`
This is no more than another flamboyant demonstration of your disregard for accuracy in yet another vain attempt to elevate yourself to be some kind of snitch.
`
With that being so, how do we know you did not write and post that letter, hoaxtard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport man allegedly assaulted his ex-girlf... Thu BPT 1
News Man asleep behind wheel charged with DUI May 23 kosher nostra 5
News Entrepreneurs betting on book and record stores May 18 BPT 1
News Flank steak satisfies young, old (Sep '09) May 18 BPT 7
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Norwalk May 18 VictorOrians 1
News Students tour religious sites, talk of tolerance May 16 BPT 1
News Conservation takes priority in planning for fut... May 14 America Gentleman... 1

Norwalk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norwalk Mortgages