Norwalk School Lunch
Louisa

Seal Beach, CA

#1 Sep 15, 2012
PE at Norwalk

Los Angeles Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology

In a.study of 128 incorporated municipalities in LA County for obesity prevalence. The children of Norwalk came in 104th .

There is almost a direct correlation between API scores and fat.
Norwalk is in the lowest.20%! in the state API.
Norwalk is in the lowest 20% in.the state Physical Fitness
Norwalk is in the highest 20% in the state obesity.

Now that "block scheduling" was proved a farce and the administration and schedule changed...perhaps we can have healthier, better educated kids.

Some school administrators are like green gutted tomatoe worms.
Place Blame

Norwalk, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Louisa wrote:
PE at Norwalk
Los Angeles Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology
In a.study of 128 incorporated municipalities in LA County for obesity prevalence. The children of Norwalk came in 104th .
There is almost a direct correlation between API scores and fat.
Norwalk is in the lowest.20%! in the state API.
Norwalk is in the lowest 20% in.the state Physical Fitness
Norwalk is in the highest 20% in the state obesity.
Now that "block scheduling" was proved a farce and the administration and schedule changed...perhaps we can have healthier, better educated kids.
Some school administrators are like green gutted tomatoe worms.
"Some school administrators are like green gutted tomatoe worms."
Really! Students spend about a 1/4 of their day 5 days a week at school, yet you blame them for child obesity, and what students eat! Parents do your job, and if you don't like the food bring your own. Take responsibility for what your kids do and quit looking for someone else to blame for the problems of today. Get the kids off the Playstations and get them out of the house if they are having difficulties with weight or fitness. The blame game has gotten us where we are today.
Norwalk Parent

Norwalk, CA

#3 Sep 25, 2012
I agree. My daughter goes to Los Alisos and she had had a cheeseburger everyday since the start of school..well except for Wednesdays when she eats pizza. My kids eat healthy at home, they are all in every sport imaiginable, but they LOVE to eat the junk food provided by our school district. I have called NLMUSD and complained but they say the food is fine, it meets all "standards" Really?? Since when were Slushies healthy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swastika on black Biola studenta s door brings ... 51 min Mike Bauteesta Sc... 3
Elephant Bar Hoots, Specially with the Hostess 53 min Bobby Schutz 1
News Known gang member found fatally shot in East Va... (Nov '12) 2 hr Rukus 68
News Thousands of Jehovaha s Witnesses will kick off... 4 hr Matt9969 15
News Bellflower not the same without Sam's steaks, b... (Jun '09) 5 hr Mfwillick 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr winston molineri 20,303
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 11 hr Disapointed Socce... 6,500
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norwalk Mortgages