Sheriff's Deputy Fatally Shot - Suicide or Homicide?

Posted in the Norwalk Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

RE: Norwalk from "City News Service" and "Public Safety Roundup"<p>

Two weeks ago, two articles announced "Autopsy pending for "sheriff's deputy," and "investigators were trying to determine if it was suicide or homicide."<p>

It occured behind BoBo's Cocktail lounge by the intersection of 14000 block Studebaker Road and Rosecrans. It happened on Friday, January 28, and the call was received at 3:30p.m.<p>

There have been several killings reported in the newspapers this year for this area of Norwalk. Another also on Studbaker across from the hospitol.<p>

There appears to be little followup on local and school campus violence. We need that little paper "The Tribune" back again so citizens can know what is going on.
Sancho

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

Norwalk does seem to have alot of violence this year. This one was suicide.

WhittierDailyNews February 18, 2007
Deputy's death an apparent suicide

NORWALK - A sheriff's deputy found dead of a gunshot wound in Norwalk on Friday apparently killed himself, a coroner's investigator said.

Deputy Efren Dorado, 35, of Bell Gardens, was found dead in a pickup truck in an alley behind the 14000 block of Studebaker Road about 3:30 p.m. Friday, according to Lt. John Kades of the coroner's office.

It was unclear if a weapon was found with the body. Kades said a preliminary investigation suggested suicide.
Sick of Norwalk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2007

It seems to me that all of this violence in Norwalk, is because there is too much drug dealings going on, selling at their homes OPENLY, and police do nothing about it. Police have been informed of the people doing this, and nothing has been done.
cindys party rentles

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

its not a suicide
oneways

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2007

cindys party rentles wrote:
its not a suicide
I saw some coverage on KCAL.It was an overhead view
from a helicopter.You could clearly see 2 clean
bullet holes in the front window right about where
the blue sun tinting would be on a cars windshield.
When I heard a couple of weeks later it was ruled
a suicide my jaw dropped.He put the gun behind his
head and shot himself twice with the bullets exiting
out the front windshield?I think somebody walked up
and shot twice through the windshield
justlooking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2007

it was not a homicide, he shot out of his truck twice into the air before shooting himself. I am a relative of hi
Tina V

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2007

What did ever happen to that newspaper THE TRIBUNE??? And how can we go about getting it back??? Last year there were a total of SIX shootings and ONE stabbing on my BLOCK alone!!! One of these shootings occured RIGHT OUTSIDE my front door!! And it seems like nobody really knew about any of these. Even though they all literally happened within a one block radius! The Tribune would have reported on each and every one of these. BRING BACK THE TRIBUNE!!!
oneways

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2007

Stuff happens like 4 houses down walk up in the
middle of a saturday afternoon and unload a
automatic rifle 1 dead 1 survive lounging in
their front yard.Or 2 dead 2 wounded 200 yards
away around the corner.And I actually live in the
circle though all of us come from the oneways.
The TRIBUNE kept us informed.I cancled the LBPT
next to worthless
Just Me

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2007

"Just Looking" - sorry for your family's grief.

It would be nice if the sherrif's department had an online blotter sheet. I watch so many arrests across the street at Norwalk High School it would be nice to know what they are. Thank the good Lord there have not been any killings.
gelen

Hereford, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2007

I heard the police men was working "undercover" when killed, and there were about two more killings in same place with in 2 months.
Many residents have complaint to city hall about this cocktail place, it's open 24/7 365, with out any response. this place needs to be closed. Maybe we have to be more demanding with our city officials to keep us safer. We have to send our complaints directly to city hall or there will be no change or near to nothing.
gelen

Hereford, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2007

justlooking wrote:
it was not a homicide, he shot out of his truck twice into the air before shooting himself. I am a relative of hi
I'm really sorry for your lost!

Since: May 07

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

Tina V wrote:
What did ever happen to that newspaper THE TRIBUNE??? And how can we go about getting it back??? Last year there were a total of SIX shootings and ONE stabbing on my BLOCK alone!!! One of these shootings occured RIGHT OUTSIDE my front door!! And it seems like nobody really knew about any of these. Even though they all literally happened within a one block radius! The Tribune would have reported on each and every one of these. BRING BACK THE TRIBUNE!!!
"Either they know and don't show, or just don't care about what goes on in the HOOD!"

Since: May 07

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

justlooking wrote:
My sympathies to you and your family.

But still don't believe everything you have been told. Make sure your family investigates the situation thouroughly!
deputy homicide

Louisville, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

you are not a relative of him liar he was my cousin liar liar
justlooking wrote:
deputy homicide

Louisville, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

you are not a relative of him liar liar he was my cousin liar liar
old friend R8

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

I'm a very old friend, I haven't known much about his personal affairs from fifteen years ago, but can tell you that when I met him. He seem like such a happy person. If Efren wasn't making making a joke that would make you laugh, then he would be smiling all the time. He was so easy to get along with, it was a pleasure to have him around. He loved his family so much. When I heard the news, I couldn't help, but cried. I fell so devastated and deeply touched by the loss of his being. I can put my head up high and go on with life and remember Efren with a smile always on his face. May the grace of God be with his family.
DORADO FAMILY

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Thank you very much OLD FRIEND his presence is still felt through out the family it gives me joy that he has not been forgotten, but sadness that he is not with us anymore you can see pics/slid show of him on website www.mem.com just type his last name My brother lives within me then, now, and forever. Thank you OLD FRIEND you have giving me tears of joy, that friends have not forgotten him. may he be with you through out your life.
Old friend R8

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Thank you for sharing with the public a little of what Efren Dorado was like. For Some one who does not know him just to see all those pictures would be deeply touched. I met Efren in the city of Bell Gardens, of course that was long time ago, but I will for ever have his smile on my mind. God bless all the Dorado family, my high respect and love goes to you all.

From now on make each day count with every one we still have by our side.
long time resident

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

i,am sorry about that officer. i was a customer of bobos and i do feel that bar should have been closed.But There was also some very good respectable people that went there
Meno

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

DORADO FAMILY wrote:
Thank you very much OLD FRIEND his presence is still felt through out the family it gives me joy that he has not been forgotten, but sadness that he is not with us anymore you can see pics/slid show of him on website www.mem.com just type his last name My brother lives within me then, now, and forever. Thank you OLD FRIEND you have giving me tears of joy, that friends have not forgotten him. may he be with you through out your life.
I am briefly back in California for work training and visiting my family now living in Downey. Last night, I decided to get in touch with my Bell Gardens High School Friends. Among those beloved friends from my High School years is Efren. Last night, I searched for his name and was very sadden to learn that he passed away. I still do not believe that it happened since he is still very alive in my often recalled memories from my Bell Gardens years.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Manny Bacardi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Norwalk Discussions

Search the Norwalk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Imperial/Telegraph car wash sold. McDonald's mo... (Sep '13) 1 hr canwecabo 17
Long Beach wild Parrot problem 1 hr Morris the Cat 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Left Hook 200,319
Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns (Jul '13) 3 hr Ronald 112
Gomez honored by hometown, signs pro contract 4 hr erica g 1
Delay likely in corruption trial for California... 4 hr Chacon-holics 3
nlmusd bond 7 hr Pasquel 5
•••
•••

Norwalk News Video

•••
•••

Norwalk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000