Deputies shoot man with gun in Norwalk

Oct 21, 2012 Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper 21

Los Angeles County Sheriff's officials say deputies shot and wounded an 18-year-old man who pointed a gun at them in a park in Norwalk, shortly after the city's annual Halloween parade.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Do some research

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 21, 2012
They have the parade ending at the park cause Arturo Sanchez started it from alondra and ending at the park. So before people start opening there mouth asking and giving dumb comments about the parade do a little research on the it.
NORWALK NECK

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#3 Oct 21, 2012
This is excellent news. The Norwalk Sheriffs did there job correctly. The Norwalk Sheriffs should eliminate as many of these gang member Mexican punks as legally possible. The only good Norwalk Mexican gang member, is a dead one...
Norwalk resident

United States

#4 Oct 21, 2012
Been living in the area for more then 25 years attending the parade ever since I can remember..it is so sad that some idiot decides to carry a loaded gun around kids and there families...the kids wait for this event every year it is not fair for them to have this parade canceled because of actions like this...The parade gets better every year these kids look foward to it...
NORWALK NECK

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#5 Oct 21, 2012
This is a illegal Mexican parade...Plan and simple. Paid for by the legal, hard working American tax payers of Norwalk. Filthy Mexicans have devastated Norwalk in numerous ways. This is just one example. Norwalk has evolved into a pure high crime rate cesspool, thanks to the infestation of Mexicans. This is the pure truth, and we know it. Norwalk in the 1970's was a decent place to call home. It had a low crime rate and a majority (86%) of White People living here. This was a safe and clean town to grow-up in as a kid in the 1970's, as a kid. Norwalk now resembles a third-world country (Mexico). What a F-ing shame. GOD BLESS THE NORWALK SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT. The only good Norwalk Mexican gang Member, is a dead one.
Critic

Norwalk, CA

#6 Oct 22, 2012
Did anybody see what happened? the gun never left the kids pocket. Sheriffs run him over as he is attempting to run away, The back of his head hits the hood of the squad car. The kid gets up and starts running again sheriffs aim and fire. The kids hits the ground like if he was mortally wounded. Sheriffs run overthere kick the kid in the head and handcuff him. Again the gun never left the kids pocket, the kid was running away and gets shot in the back. What danger were the sheriffs in? There are a lot of questions here that need to be answered and i feel the sheriffs dept needs to start talking. Sloppy sheriffs work.
Norwalk resident

United States

#7 Oct 22, 2012
People are saying the kid didnt even take the gun out of his pocket...but why take a gun to an event where you knw there is cops everywhere...especially if your a "gangster.." Not a good idea...I take my kids every year just to think how many children could have been hurt ..gives me the chills...I dont think it has anything to do with Mexicans taking over Norwalk like some are saying...thats just going to another level ...it doesnt matter what you are or where you live...Mexicas Blacks Whites all have bad people..so please lets not go there...And for the record No I am not Mexican I just dont think its right for others to blame everyone else for one persons actions..
MSmith

Modesto, CA

#8 Oct 22, 2012
NORWALK NECK wrote:
This is excellent news. The Norwalk Sheriffs did there job correctly. The Norwalk Sheriffs should eliminate as many of these gang member Mexican punks as legally possible. The only good Norwalk Mexican gang member, is a dead one...
I agree with you about eliminating gang members to keep our streets safe. But to say something like that, makes you sound like a horrible ignorant racist.
Concerned parent

Modesto, CA

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Norwalk resident wrote:
Been living in the area for more then 25 years attending the parade ever since I can remember..it is so sad that some idiot decides to carry a loaded gun around kids and there families...the kids wait for this event every year it is not fair for them to have this parade canceled because of actions like this...The parade gets better every year these kids look foward to it...

I agree. My kids partipate every year, but thank God we were unable to do so this year. Im not sure Ill let them march next year though. Its such a shame that our Norwalk community is trying to do a positive thing and some low-lifes ruin it for the rest of us. I hope things get better in our community.
Press

La Habra, CA

#10 Oct 22, 2012
Redneck again, poor guy truly needs help.
Big Dig

United States

#11 Oct 22, 2012
F the police
Tommy Tactical

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Oct 22, 2012
Critic wrote:
Did anybody see what happened? the gun never left the kids pocket. Sheriffs run him over as he is attempting to run away, The back of his head hits the hood of the squad car. The kid gets up and starts running again sheriffs aim and fire. The kids hits the ground like if he was mortally wounded. Sheriffs run overthere kick the kid in the head and handcuff him. Again the gun never left the kids pocket, the kid was running away and gets shot in the back. What danger were the sheriffs in? There are a lot of questions here that need to be answered and i feel the sheriffs dept needs to start talking. Sloppy sheriffs work.
Yo Critic...you sound like a Synic, you got to get with it and stop smokin' dat chronic. The only thing that would be considered a little sloppy in this incident was those bad-ass Norwalk Deputies didn't kill that fool!!!!
Berdabee

La Mirada, CA

#13 Oct 22, 2012
I agree on one thing, There far to many people disrespecting each other. As far as pointing fingers at a certain group or race. I beleive their are all races that cause trouble for all, not just Mexicans, Every race has their problems every race has their gangs. I've been here for 7 gen. and it's quite instersting how every creed, race, comes to America and then points fingers at every other race that comes here thinking they have rights to put down another races. These is America folks,Dont' blame the race or creed, blame the goverment, nows the clown who should be blamed for alot of things...Don't you agree...
NORWALK NECK wrote:
This is a illegal Mexican parade...Plan and simple. Paid for by the legal, hard working American tax payers of Norwalk. Filthy Mexicans have devastated Norwalk in numerous ways. This is just one example. Norwalk has evolved into a pure high crime rate cesspool, thanks to the infestation of Mexicans. This is the pure truth, and we know it. Norwalk in the 1970's was a decent place to call home. It had a low crime rate and a majority (86%) of White People living here. This was a safe and clean town to grow-up in as a kid in the 1970's, as a kid. Norwalk now resembles a third-world country (Mexico). What a F-ing shame. GOD BLESS THE NORWALK SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT. The only good Norwalk Mexican gang Member, is a dead one.
I saw it

United States

#14 Oct 22, 2012
I saw the gang member running with a gun. If I were a cop I would have done the same thing. Just imagine all the kids and Inocent people in the park. If that gangmember shoot a Inocent civilian or child than it would be ok with the public. The deputies prevented a bad thing from happening. Norwalk deputies need a pat on the back.
Critic

Norwalk, CA

#15 Oct 22, 2012
Sloppy police work is definetly what that was to open fire in a park full of kids. There were six shots total all from deputies what if the kid had shot back? Bullet entry holes don't lie and i believe that is unethical to shoot someone in the back. The norwalk sheriffs dept are a gang themselves and would do anything to protect their own. Its funny how the sheriffs dept tried to confiscate all the videos that were recording the incident hmmm i wonder why?(tactical tommy) you sound like a dirty pig and if that was one of your own family members that got lit up, im pretty sure you would have a different opinion. I think the kid was wrong for taking the gun but i dont think he should die for making a mistake.(I saw it)wow i talked to 20 people who seen the whole thing, i even seen the video and never seen a gun. What you might have seen was the gangmember holding his pants up while he was running. i really hope these pigs dont get away with,enough is enough....
I saw it

Orange, CA

#16 Oct 23, 2012
Hey critic. U did such a great investigation maybe ur the pig that needs a slap in the face. 20 people huh? Well u didn't talk to me. And what video did u see. U might need glasses. And ur facts on how many times the deputies shot is way off. Ur fired as a critic and a wanna be cop. Eat a roster mrs critic
all bad

Cerritos, CA

#17 Oct 23, 2012
I thought it was funny how the sheriff were mad cause they know they messed up because by the time I got there of course there were a lot eye witnesses they were really mad and upset because he didn't pull out a gun to the sheriff and of course the sheriff won't admit there wrongs it just sucks it ended that way I'm not sayin it was wrong stopping him if he was suspicious I just think they shouldn't have to shoot the kid God knows how many if he didnt point a gun to them it just not right.
Jessica

Cerritos, CA

#18 Oct 24, 2012
NORWALK NECK wrote:
What makes you think that he was an, "Illegal Mexican". Oh, and shooting them is "Legally" Hahaha wow! You are seriously a joke.
Jessica

Cerritos, CA

#19 Oct 24, 2012
Critic wrote:
They never do their job right
oneways

New York, NY

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
They never do their job right
You are correct Jessica, The young man is a 4th generation
American. He's never even been to Mexico. He was born here,
his mother was born here, her mother was born here and her
mother was born here.
alex

Norwalk, CA

#22 Oct 26, 2012
NORWALK NECK wrote:
yeah because mexicans are always sneaking in to movies blacks always talk during movies and whites well are good samaritans who shoot those who dont pay or talk too much... race had nothing to do with it but hey if you dont like it go back to europe you anchor baby descendent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mtb Hill Proposal "...does not have a positive ... 5 hr Whats Going On 5
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 6 hr two cents 5,263
Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) 8 hr Viewer 52
Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) 9 hr VARRIO CROW VILLAGE 143
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 10 hr TSM 1,746
Long Beach City Council approves renaming park ... 16 hr Ronald 3

Norwalk News Video

Norwalk Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Norwalk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Norwalk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Norwalk

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]