Slain Norwalk cyclist is ID'd

Slain Norwalk cyclist is ID'd

There are 50 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 19, 2009, titled Slain Norwalk cyclist is ID'd. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A cyclist who was fatally shot in Norwalk was identified Wednesday as 48-year-old Norwalk resident Daniel Horacio Motts by the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Brett Shepherd

Wayne, PA

#27 Nov 20, 2009
Let me ask the latinos and latinas a question...WHY DO YOU FOLKS DISLIKE BLACKS SO MUCH?
Yet you hung on our coattails when it came to demanding civil rights and things of that nature.
And to my fellow blacks, why do you demand help for not only us, but our latino brothers and sisters? Have you ever heard a latino leader standing up for blacks? Hell no!
God I am glad I moved out of that sorry ass city of Long Beach!

Brett Shepherd
Atlanta, GA

ps-Don't give me any bs about the south being racist...

Since: Dec 08

NORWALK

#28 Nov 20, 2009
I went to school with Daniel at glazier elementry school and havent seen him in atleast 20 years and also knew his familia,they were very good people and my prayers go out to them... GOD BLESS HIM and his familia always and forever.It doesnt matter were you live its getting real ugly out there its so sad,Ive lived in Norwalk all my life and theres no respect anymore,So So sad GOD BLESS us all!!!
p.s. any info on his funeral somebody please post
Pablo

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Nov 20, 2009
proud latina wrote:
So I see comments about this being a mexican its funny how people right away wanna assume its mexicans... Its freakin ignorant people who do crap like this regardless if your Mexican, african, white whatever.. Its the human race thats does crap like this.. Whether mexcian or not this person will pay for what he did...
Proud to be a MEXCIAN!!!!
If you live in this country, you should be proud to be an AMERICAN. If your loyalty is to Mexico, go live there!
Blah

Downey, CA

#30 Nov 20, 2009
Mexican Gangsta wrote:
Mexican Pride!!!!
That's your comment on a shooting related article? You've just set back your movement about 10 years. I'm sure you say the same thing when a mexican shoots another mexican too - idiot.
Striker

United States

#31 Nov 20, 2009
Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live in this country, you should be proud to be an AMERICAN. If your loyalty is to Mexico, go live there!
Excellent post. Congratulations!
Pablo

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Nov 20, 2009
Striker wrote:
Excellent post. Congratulations!
Thanks. Before all the ethnocentric Hispanics get on my case, I will point out that my parents immigrated to this country and IMMEDIATELY embraced the good things in American culture and the path to becoming US citizens. Sure, they retained many customs and values from their old lives -- but they carefully selected which ones they would retain and NONE of them impeded my parents from being proud Americans. On the day I was born, my father hung a US flag from his porch to announce that his first US-born child had arrived. Even in their old age, they were among the proudest Americans I've ever met.
Striker

United States

#36 Nov 20, 2009
Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Before all the ethnocentric Hispanics get on my case, I will point out that my parents immigrated to this country and IMMEDIATELY embraced the good things in American culture and the path to becoming US citizens. Sure, they retained many customs and values from their old lives -- but they carefully selected which ones they would retain and NONE of them impeded my parents from being proud Americans. On the day I was born, my father hung a US flag from his porch to announce that his first US-born child had arrived. Even in their old age, they were among the proudest Americans I've ever met.
We need more Immigrants like your proud Parents! I truly hate all the negativity posted here. This IS the greatest Country on the face on the Earth; with opportunities for everyone. My ire is raised by those who don't respect it. Glad you're here my Friend!
oneways

United States

#37 Nov 20, 2009
foreign stater wrote:
gotta say, since i moved here, most of the crimes has been described as hispanic male. I can bet u it will not be either white, asian, indian, other etc. male. If mexican people or leaders dont acknowledge or face that they have a problem, they will never improve as a culture and just turn out like mexico. What was the whole point of migrating to america ? Im not a racist but truth and reality sometimes ****. although race doesnt exist genetically, there is a thing called culture / ethinicity that makes a race reality. I'll bet a lot of people are thinking the same thing, without a certain ethnicity, california would be much safer place to live in for now. Same thing could be said about islam culture, most of them are not dangerous but its safe to say, it is their culture that created such thing as terrorist, suicide bombers and that they are dangerous. If there was another news tommorow, that some suicide bomber blew up a building, i think its safe say they are more likely to be a middle easterner but does that make me a racist ?
Hey confused guy, hispanic male does not equal Mexican.Carry on...
oneways

United States

#38 Nov 20, 2009
Brett Shepherd wrote:
Let me ask the latinos and latinas a question...WHY DO YOU FOLKS DISLIKE BLACKS SO MUCH?
Yet you hung on our coattails when it came to demanding civil rights and things of that nature.
And to my fellow blacks, why do you demand help for not only us, but our latino brothers and sisters? Have you ever heard a latino leader standing up for blacks? Hell no!
God I am glad I moved out of that sorry **** city of Long Beach!
Brett Shepherd
Atlanta, GA
ps-Don't give me any bs about the south being racist...
Hey Brett- Its a two way street,check this link out and get back at me

Victims Nephew

Pacoima, CA

#39 Nov 20, 2009
My Uncle was a good guy. Very loving and caring person and for those that are just talking about nonsense on here just out of respect for the family stop. He was the type that if u needed anything he would be there. I dont know how many times i went over to talk and he be there for me. When i was drunk and could not go home he be there for me. He may be gone but will never be forgotten!!! Love You Uncle....
Brett Shepherd

Wayne, PA

#40 Nov 20, 2009
oneways wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Brett- Its a two way street,check this link out and get back at me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EQISeexjqgAXX
will do
oneways

United States

#41 Nov 20, 2009
Brett Shepherd wrote:
<quoted text>
will do
And Brett,I'm not trying to start stuff with you

Peace
Stupid Criminals

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Nov 20, 2009
Victims Nephew wrote:
My Uncle was a good guy.*** When i was drunk and could not go home he be there for me.
It sounds like whoever you lived with was more responsible than your uncle. Your uncle should've sent you back home when you were drunk. Locked doors have a way of making losers turn their lives around. Taking in drunks and making excuses for their drunkeness tends to reinforce the behavior. Your uncle may have had good intentions, but probably did you no favor in this regard. Maybe you can pick a better example of how he was a responsible man and contributed to society.
bill-e-bob

United States

#43 Nov 20, 2009
i grew up down the street from danny, he probably stole something from them

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#44 Nov 20, 2009
Norwalk, the new Juarez.
shrapnel

Rosemead, CA

#45 Nov 20, 2009
Its all that meth out there. Watch out people these tweekers are scandalous. Our DEA is doing a lousy job!
Brett Shepherd

Wayne, PA

#46 Nov 20, 2009
oneways wrote:
<quoted text>
And Brett,I'm not trying to start stuff with you
Peace
I didn't think you were. I was just wondering what the problem is between the two groups.
oneways

United States

#47 Nov 20, 2009
Brett Shepherd wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you were. I was just wondering what the problem is between the two groups.
Well,to be honest this statement you made was just a tad condecending-
"Yet you hung on our coattails when it came to demanding civil rights and things of that nature."

And btw..."Things of that nature" is one of our Govenators
pet sayings,He ends a lot of sentences with that phrase and
it always makes me chuckle
oneways

United States

#48 Nov 20, 2009
Casual Male wrote:
Norwalk, the new Juarez.
You have about as much substance as you're avatar
Anon

Duarte, CA

#49 Nov 20, 2009
Seriously my fellow Latino brothers and sisters, the fact that it's been a high possibility of a criminal to be of Latino descend because if you look around you the city when taking a cruise through the area or a walk through the city, you will notice that the majority of the city is Hispanic. Yes there are other ethnic groups in Norwalk, but sadly the majority of the crimes are committed by our own people. Don't celebrate yet there white folks and other ethnic judges, there is also crimes committed by the African American and Anglo community. Don't react like the cockroaches they see us, show them that we can better than them and we can play their education game and succeed in life.

The whole comment Casual Male about Norwalk becoming the new Juarez, I dont think so... as long as I am able to take my late night frajo breaks while walking down my neighborhood then there's without having to take out my pistol to blast some idiot who is trying to kidnap me or who is trying to rob me at gun point then I think it's all good. If there is drug wars in Norwalk that's because the rich coke addict white kids over the by community under the 605 and foster rd. can't get enough of that shit. Oh yeah that reminds me I saw one of you anglos running away from a group of other anglos in car down Foster Rd. hahah that was funny so much for that kid acting so tough.

The truth is that we need to become a united community and not allow these groups to kill off the children and young adults of my age group into selling drugs or committing crimes for some stupid group. Norwalk has never been the #10 safest city in the whole state, but it was a lot safer about 10 years ago. Well at least where I live the area is still calm. Unlike today when I saw the Outback being surrounded by like twenty cops with their guns drawn, thanks alot sheriff I didnt notice the situation until I was in my car right across the street, thanks for closing off the area.(being sarcastic).

Here's a song for many of you who feel the same way it's call "Leaving the Past" by Immortal Technique.

Viva La Causa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new mayor of montebello 1 hr Montebello pork 2
News Man stabbed by gang members (Feb '09) 3 hr Joe 181
News Dr. Gott: Seeking way to clean digestive system (Jun '10) 4 hr healer 10
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr Slacking 7,292
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 4 hr Green light free 600
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr anybody anywhere 20,770
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,716

Norwalk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norwalk Mortgages