best church in nortonville??

Posted in the Nortonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wantogo

Chicago, IL

#1 May 19, 2011
I'm wanting to get my family in church but I want to pick the best one for us.
Citizen Plains

Marengo, IL

#2 May 19, 2011
wantogo wrote:
First Christian Church
N'villelady

Emmetsburg, IA

#3 May 19, 2011
New abundant life fellowship!
cult

White House, TN

#4 May 20, 2011
I can tell which one not to go to the river... That is if u wanna worship a man instead of god
Republican and PROUD

Saint Cloud, FL

#5 May 20, 2011
Trinity Gospel Tabernacle is not a cult and no one there is worshiping Brother Howard. He is a great man of God that is preaching the truth that most don't like to here. Come on people...pick on someone else. To go after a great preacher is low, low, low.

It's a great church and does a lot to help people. If your not use to being in a "spirit-filled" worship though you probably won't like it. My husband didn't like the church at all because of that reason. He was a Presbyterian though, so that explains it. My grandmother has been going for years though and I attended for awhile before I had to change to accommodate my husband. Victory in Madisonville is a great common ground.

Hope this helps and please don't let the horrible rude people on here discourage you.
angeleyes22

United States

#6 May 20, 2011
Are u out of your mind!!!!! I know that you are a trouble maker! They do not worship any human, they worship God . I believe that u need to g your information right before u start spreading awful rumors about others churches!Maybe u need to go and visit the River? Maybe, u might learn a thing or two about us.You might even get saved! God Bless You!!!!!!!!
cult

Pflugerville, TX

#7 May 20, 2011
O believe u me I have been to that so called. Church and I am saved Ty very much but when u call ppl Satan from the alter from which u preach that tells me that it is all about him... I have known this man for years and he has that church believing everything he says not god
mainstreeter

Toledo, OH

#8 May 21, 2011
I know that Nortonville First Christian Church doesn't force their congregation to have a certain viewpoint. It's nice to know considering certain recent elections. They trust their members to think for themselves.
Citizen Plains

Muscatine, IA

#9 May 21, 2011
Republican and PROUD wrote:
Trinity Gospel Tabernacle is not a cult and no one there is worshiping Brother Howard. He is a great man of God that is preaching the truth that most don't like to here. Come on people...pick on someone else. To go after a great preacher is low, low, low.
It's a great church and does a lot to help people. If your not use to being in a "spirit-filled" worship though you probably won't like it. My husband didn't like the church at all because of that reason. He was a Presbyterian though, so that explains it. My grandmother has been going for years though and I attended for awhile before I had to change to accommodate my husband. Victory in Madisonville is a great common ground.
Hope this helps and please don't let the horrible rude people on here discourage you.
lot of good people there, but Jones is a brow beater, and that is the truth, not saying he is a bad person but he doesn't know how to preach.

“World Peace(:”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 May 22, 2011
Nortonville Baptist was a really good one until they had problems and people got mad at the preacher so he resigned . He's the best preacher I've ever had . He moved to Life Point in White Plains . Fantastic Church . Its at the Damascus roadhouse . You should come visit us sometime , we would love to have you .
ANONYMOUS

United States

#11 Jul 3, 2011
Have you thought of trying Living Word Christian Center? Just a suggestion....
Godlover

Cleburne, TX

#12 Oct 2, 2011
You should try The House of Prayer on New Salem Circle! Spirit filled, Bible based church!
listen to your HEART

Madisonville, KY

#13 Oct 3, 2011
wantogo wrote:
All that your family needs to do frist of off, get off of this sight, NO help at all..... Go to every church around here and let the lord take you to your church, he will show the way, always....
That's all you have to do. God Bless you and good luck....
get your facts straight

United States

#17 Nov 23, 2011
If Pastor Howard wanted everyone to worship him and not think for themselves then why would he invite people to the church to preach and give lessons that don't believe exactly as he does? And yet when he finds out that they have some different beliefs, he still invites them to come back. HMMMM? Also, why would he and the church as a whole work with other churches of different denominations that have different beliefs?
jokerswild

Dunmor, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2012
Well it sure as hell AINT THE RIVER....unless you want to be in a cult, and I hear LifePoint is not far behind them....Can you say CRAZY!!!
Trying to help

Tucker, GA

#19 Mar 9, 2014
Most of these named are good churches. I love the move of the spirit at TGT or the River as it's called now. But at New Abundant Life fellowship the people are the most friendly of anywhere I have ever been. But I agree with the person that said there them all. You need to be where God wants you. Not where we are just comfortable. God Bless you hope you find the right church.
former member

Madisonville, KY

#20 Apr 12, 2014
Bullshit The River is a click and if you don't have money or live up to their standards they want nothing to do with you. They want to judge you and they think they are so mighty they need to look to what their kids are doing cause I do know!!!!! And they will look like the jack asses they are.
amen

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 Apr 20, 2014
Dggh
thebastardchild

United States

#22 Jan 16, 2015
Gotta agree with the above comments. TGT (the river whatever) is a joke. Unless you bow down & do whatever they want you to do.....you will be USELESS to them. The most judgmental & ignorant & stuck up ppl you will ever meet. They heads stuck so far up they own ass..... All they is is white TRASH. Smdh
A Christian

Hopkinsville, KY

#23 Feb 21, 2015
thebastardchild wrote:
Gotta agree with the above comments. TGT (the river whatever) is a joke. Unless you bow down & do whatever they want you to do.....you will be USELESS to them. The most judgmental & ignorant & stuck up ppl you will ever meet. They heads stuck so far up they own ass..... All they is is white TRASH. Smdh
Sadly I've tried going there off and on for 15 years, but have never felt like a part. Nor wanted or needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nortonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thankful for this Man as Always 12 min Fishroys son 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 30 min Fishroys son 770
I am Fishtoy 55 min Fishroys son 46
Fishtoy 1 hr Fishroys son 3
Antifa 2 hr SisTa 2
add a word drop a word (Jan '12) 2 hr -Glinda- 1,242
Love when he reads this in Chirch 2 hr SisTa 13

Nortonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nortonville Mortgages